Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
Zenki_Kouki.5
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Zenki_Kouki.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA EMUSA COILOVERS anyone had experience with these?

Nissan 240sx S13 89-94 Coilover Suspension kit Non-Adj:eBay Motors (item 200348751459 end time Jun-09-09 14:03:00 PDT)
Zenki_Kouki.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
EBay.... says it all = junk in case your not sure
Old 06-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

wannabdr1ftr is an unknown quantity at this point
coilovers that are sold on Ebay are junk...especially if they are $600 and under brand new...save your money and buy some good used coilovers in the classifieds or just save up to get new ones. Just dont settle for ebay, youll regret it later
wannabdr1ftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Good luck with your life.

It's worth $500, right?
Old 06-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
Zenki_Kouki.5
Zilvia Member

Alrite thanks guys, just a suggestion what coilovers would u prefer that wpuld be reliable and lasts long
Old 06-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

stance, PBM, Apexi...how much you looking to spend?
Old 06-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
Zenki_Kouki.5
Zilvia Member

1k or 2k coilovers dat would last long as fuck
Old 06-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #8
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I am going to be selling my JIC FLAT2s here by the end of the month. I'm selling them for 650 shipped.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #9
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

get some silk road...or you can buy his^^^
Old 06-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #10
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
I'm biased, but Tanabe Pro-5. Great damper is made by KYB.

Ask other coilover companies who their dampers are made by. Probably in terms of life-span, damper quality should be the #1 point of comparison. Of course, you can't slam the crap out of your car with the pro-fives (because they're only perch adjustable). But it'll last forever and the damper adjustments are really felt.

Tanabe Racing Development USA /inc.

My pro s-s is still ok after 6 years.

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.

Last edited by MrMigs; 06-05-2009 at 03:34 PM..
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #11
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SoguRacing
I've got a set of apexi N1 pro damers i'll be selling shortly if the buyer doesn't come through on my car. pm me for details
Old 06-05-2009, 02:44 PM   #12
arkive43
Zilvia Addict

arkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud of
lol those are godspeedZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
arkive43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #13
SHARKERIOcoupe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
SHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SHARKERIOcoupe
They are not Godspeed.
I actually have a set of these lol

I have the on my M30 - they came with the car. But I do like them. They ride just fine. I saw them at SEMA last year too, and checked them out, and learned some interesting things about the company.

I'm buying some for my s13 today.

any questions?
Old 06-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #14
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I bought some awhile back, they used to be $350 it's been maybe 3 years and they rode fine and not blown, gave them to a friend about 6 months or so ago and they are still alive, ride quality isn't bad if I could find them for $350 again I'd buy them, I'm comparing to my $1,500 Tein coilovers, sure twins ride better, damper adjustable and so on but I'd rock the emusa again
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #15
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabdr1ftr View Post
coilovers that are sold on Ebay are junk...
You can buy Bilstein and KW on Ebay.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #16
SHARKERIOcoupe
Zilvia Addict

SHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkin_707 View Post
I bought some awhile back, they used to be $350 it's been maybe 3 years and they rode fine and not blown, gave them to a friend about 6 months or so ago and they are still alive, ride quality isn't bad if I could find them for $350 again I'd buy them, I'm comparing to my $1,500 Tein coilovers, sure twins ride better, damper adjustable and so on but I'd rock the emusa again
i just ordered them, only 449 shipped LOL

i'll post pics n stuff up later i guess, if anyone cares
Old 06-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #17
silver350z05rb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
silver350z05rb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
yea i used to have these on my s14 for 5 years, just barely sold them becuse i upgraded and the new owner of them says theyre still good and he likes the way they feel....... FYI.... EBAY isnt a brand , its a place where poeple put stuff to sell, its like saying you bought craigslist HKS coilvers, you didnt buy craigslist coilovers, you bought HKS. you just have to be caureful on what you buy.you have read the description and ask the seller questions on ebay before you buy stuff if you feel unsure about certain items.
silver350z05rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #18
SHARKERIOcoupe
Zilvia Addict

I like what silver350z said...Yeah!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #19
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
I already bought these, made the mistake and moved on to PBM. Here's the review I wrote about them. Plus all the flamage and hate from everyone else.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/335264-bought-these-today.html
Old 06-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #20
JdmDrift4Food
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
JdmDrift4Food is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Ive dd'd with stance gr+ pro, fortune auto, and megan racing streets. Each set I only rode around on for like 3 months. They all feel the same in my opinion lol maybe it would be a different story if I had them on my car for years. But if you want a decent brand for a lower price, just get megan streets or tracks.
JdmDrift4Food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #21
JKL1031
Zilvia Junkie

JKL1031 is an unknown quantity at this point
if u must cheap out on coliovers, get the enjuku house brand, they stand behind their stuff, and hey also claim they have drivers using their product.
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #22
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL1031 View Post
if u must cheap out on coliovers, get the enjuku house brand, they stand behind their stuff, and hey also claim they have drivers using their product.
what is that ISIS?:
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #23
SHARKERIOcoupe
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
I already bought these, made the mistake and moved on to PBM. Here's the review I wrote about them. Plus all the flamage and hate from everyone else.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/335264-bought-these-today.html
Thanks for posting, but sorry dude that was a poor review, there was no real review and nothing but flaming from about 90% of the people, who never owned or tested any. I expected bias, theory based opinion though, it's cool.

I read the whole thing, I didn't see you post about your mistake, and reason to move on?

Well I got them, waiting on shipment. When I get them I'll try to do a before and after comparison... (stock vs coilover) Im not gonna compare coilover brands because I don't have the means.

But I'll def try to crack some video together, of some semi-sophisticated testing haha.

as others stated too, they're not "EBAY" coilovers haha, you can muy ANY coilovers on EBAY - you can buy these from other sites as well.

well enough talk, i'll show you guys what it looks like later.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #24
Ratpack_Chad
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Ratpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
When i bought my first s13 it had emusa coils on it. I rode them for about 5 months before i sold them to a friend and bought some tein super drifts. In my honest opinion they were fine. The friend i sold them to used them for about a year doing track days and dailying and they never blew. I have pmb coils on my s14 now and there solid as hell. If your looking just to go lower and street your car these would be fine.
Ratpack_Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #25
JKL1031
Zilvia Junkie

JKL1031 is an unknown quantity at this point
wer ya gone go when ya damper blow tho yo?

not flaming, but u would have at least been able to go to Ken at enjuku.
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #26
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Theyre Godspeed coilovers, just rebranded to Emusa. I know my godspeed coilovers lol
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #27
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKERIOcoupe View Post
Thanks for posting, but sorry dude that was a poor review, there was no real review and nothing but flaming from about 90% of the people, who never owned or tested any. I expected bias, theory based opinion though, it's cool.

I read the whole thing, I didn't see you post about your mistake, and reason to move on?
ORYLLY? lol

Quote:
Seeing that my thread keeps getting bumped I guess I'll step in and say that it's been 3 weeks and these coils are still holding up, I've hit about 4 potholes, speedbumps in my school parking lot .. couple of drifts, I'm getting my diff welded thursday hopefully so more drifting in the future and I'll let you know how that goes. Overall tho its a good product for the money. Key phrase - for the money... I would still much rather have tein pbm stance etc.. but this is what I could do, and I'm happy.
Quote:
Well! Since this thread is back from the dead I guess I'll update on their performance... Its been about 2 months and I've started to notice some of the bad of these coils, they settled and the ride got a little better but on the other hand the picture you see of my car in this thread was too low. Although the coils are capable of going about an inch lower in the front and 2 in the back I had to raise it about a quarter inch to keep the tires from rubbing the front fender tubs under moderate cornering or any kind of bumps. I have mb 7X wheels 17x7 and I think +43 offset? or something crazy like that lol, with 215/45/17 riken raptors. Now that the car is raised a lil though, It only rubs under HARD cornering and pretty decent sized bumps, or if I have a heavyset fellow in the passenger seat. I was wondering if it was my coils that was causing the rubbing in the front, or just the fact that I have big wheels and tires on the car w no stretch to pull them smaller, because I would love to slam my car on these coils later on if possible. Anyways, if not I guess I'll deal with it or get some stiffer sway bars to help the body roll. All that said these coils are still holding up well and have no leaks or anything like that yet (knock on wood), the ride quality is pretty decent and the handling is good as well. All in all its still a good product for the money in my opinion.
Quote:
Hahaha well this thread is back from the dead... The coils did me well, if a semi-comfortable ride and looking cool is what you want, these are for you. If you want to know how low they went, I did a test to find out, removed all collars, rested the front spring on the big collar and perch, and drooped the back spring down to the mount (2 inches of droop ZOMG).. Was about an inch away from laying frame on 15's. I ran over a 3 foot deep, 2 foot wide pothole with them and they didn't blow. I took them to the track though and they allowed a lil bit too much body roll, car was all over the place. I think the right rear might have blown but I'm not sure... I had them on my car for just under a year and they held up pretty well for what I paid. Anyways, I traded them +$180 and a stock steering wheel for some 8 month old PBM's, but now I'm in Texas at college and my car is sitting in my garage back home with what I'm hoping is a dead ecu. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Quote:
Summary...
Pros:
$400 Shipped to my door
Went pretty low
Rode pretty well
Looked cool (could say I had coils on my car)
Withstood uber pothole at 30 ish mph in the dark and rain
Cons:
One of them blew?.. idk
Have to droop the rears to make it look good
No adjustable dampening
Front's would rub the inside of my tires if the spring wasn't in there just right (PBM's I have now don't)
A lil too soft (front tires would also rub the shock tower if I cornered hard, PBM's I have now are lower than the ebay's and don't rub)
VERDICT
If you're broke and you wanna look cool like I was/am get these
As for the mistake I made, I ran one event with these coils... Car was IMPOSSIBLE to transfer drifts in, the weight transfer that these coils make are wayyy to much and far to unpredictable unless you're a very experienced driver. I can say that with the PBM's its much more manageable than before to drive.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #28
slow_sr20
Zilvia Addict

slow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKERIOcoupe View Post
They are not Godspeed.
I actually have a set of these lol

I have the on my M30 - they came with the car. But I do like them. They ride just fine. I saw them at SEMA last year too, and checked them out, and learned some interesting things about the company.

I'm buying some for my s13 today.

any questions?
I too had a set on my M30. Drove the car without issue, and since sold the car to a friend who has been riding on them since without issue. Never had any intentions of drifting/performance driving with them. On my 240's i run fortune auto-but i like my 240's more

EDIT: this thread was old as F........why did this get bumped?

Last edited by slow_sr20; 06-06-2012 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: gahhhhhhhh!!!!
slow_sr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #29
XxHybridx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
XxHybridx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Anyone know how much silkroads are worth today?
XxHybridx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #30
fullthrottle
Zilvia Addict

fullthrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
I had emusa on a car that I bought. I went drifting on them a bit and sold them after a month for Pbm. My friend who bought them has ran the piss out them without a problem for about a year now. They don't go very low though.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote