Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-28-2019, 05:33 AM   #1
BirdmanT7

Trader Rating: (0)
BirdmanT7 is not welcome here anymoreBirdmanT7 is not welcome here anymoreBirdmanT7 is not welcome here anymoreBirdmanT7 is not welcome here anymoreBirdmanT7 is not welcome here anymoreBirdmanT7 is not welcome here anymoreBirdmanT7 is not welcome here anymoreBirdmanT7 is not welcome here anymoreBirdmanT7 is not welcome here anymoreBirdmanT7 is not welcome here anymoreBirdmanT7 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 1989 nissan 240sx Overdrive Lockout Switch Gear Shifter Button?

Hi
I have ran into a issue with my Nissan 240SX, it's automatic, the Overdrive Lockout Switch Gear Shifter Button is not staying in and only stay up? I think the spring is broken?
I called dealer and they said they don't have that part. When I am driving it and I press the button it does work and shifts but the button just doesn't stay down. I looked on Ebay and found only the shifter, does anyone have a suggestion here? I really appreciate your feedback on how to fix this?

thanks
B
BirdmanT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2019, 07:30 AM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Post in the wtb section, someone might have a one, from a 5 speed conversion layn around.
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:02 PM   #3
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Unless I'm mistaken, the fucking button is pointless. My Silvia's shifter will move even with a the functioning button.

I'd save the money and just not bump it lol.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:23 PM   #4
Jfornachon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Jfornachon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The button prevents the tans from going into overdrive when activated. If you never have any use to block it then you don't need it.

Have a great day. Hell you could even wire in your own switch if you are hell bent on doing it.

Have a great day,
jared
Jfornachon is offline   Reply With Quote