Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 10-07-2020, 08:35 AM   #1
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
The 'edibles' thread.

So, I figure right off the bat that this is the safest place for this.

DISCLOSURE: I am not an avid smoker. I don't smoke weed every day, hotbox with the boys, know everything there is to know about rolling blunts and smoking out of glass. I actually dislike smoking weed altogether. I don't like coughing [yes, there are weird glass pieces with ice and all sorts of shit to avoid this but I'm not that interested] and smells associated with it. I don't want my home to smell like I'm a South American drug lord of some kind.

BACKGROUND: I have some deployment-related injuries. I've been in close proximity to IED's that went off a few times that gave me TBI, I've been shot in the leg and my career move overseas was a sniper for a fireteam that didn't play by the standard rules. Take that as you'd like. With these injuries, I've tried plenty of medication combinations and alternative methods to deal with the pain, sleeping issues and triggered panic attacks. Some have worked but with a heavy cost of motorskills or mental capacity or motivation or whatever. Long story short, the pros were heavily outweighed by the cons. So, I looked for something different. While cannabis is something that isn't new to the world of pain management, I wanted something a little different. I didn't want the uselessness of some strains but wanted to harvest specific properties. This is where I educated myself heavily.

REASON FOR THREAD: Recently, I've been cooking with cannabis. I've been pulling the THC/CBD/etc. from the flower after decarboxylation by fusing it into butter or other oil-based foods that have the properties to pull and sustain the chemical properties. I like to bake with it because it's not as hard on cooking off the chemicals. Or, I use the fused butter for a steak topping or adding into mashed potatoes or something. This is how the idea started.

I am NOT an expert by any means so if I state something wrong, feel free to come fact check me. I have been doing this for a few months and I definitely don't know everything there is to know but I hope this thread will allow people to open their minds to something that really does work. It's a shame it has such a negative stigma attached but I can see why when high school kids are smoking blunts and becoming useless pieces of shit in their parents basement.

I would like to use this thread for people utilizing different methods of carbox'ing flowers, using edibles in recipes or how they're pulling oils from flowers and such. Making candy? Making cannabutter? It belongs here! Anything related to edibles can be left here. Don't be shy to tell us what you're doing and how you're doing it.

NOTE: For the sake of legalities, please do not disclose your exact location unless your state is cool with cannabis. While posting your exact location is probably not smart to begin with, try to be extra vigilant.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2020, 09:25 AM   #2
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Also not a smoker.

As stated in the other thread, I've used raw flower decarbed and let it sit in everclear for a month.

It does not have a strong taste. Kind of tastes like flower. I mix it into other drinks. The taste tends to disappear when you do.

The strain (not sure what it is) I have access to seems indica heavy. I'd like to try a more sativa dominant strain as don't always want the couch lock.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:35 AM   #3
A DOG 406
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
A DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
A great series I like to watch on Youtube is called BONG APPETIT. They have cooks from all around the world making homemade meals that are all cannabis infused. It's very informative on how they prepare the flower for cooking in different ways for different meals. My favorite are the episodes with Nonna Ganja Grandma. The sweetest old lady that can cook some damn good meals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G1WArj_K2k

I do smoke for back pain and nerve damage from a snowboarding accident. But cooking with canna-butter is just a fantastic way to relax and help your body without having the smoke. I love cooking my eggs in canna-butter or spreading it on some toast.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:05 AM   #4
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Also not a smoker.

As stated in the other thread, I've used raw flower decarbed and let it sit in everclear for a month.

It does not have a strong taste. Kind of tastes like flower. I mix it into other drinks. The taste tends to disappear when you do.

The strain (not sure what it is) I have access to seems indica heavy. I'd like to try a more sativa dominant strain as don't always want the couch lock.
I saw your previous post. I've never thought to try to pull chemicals using alcohol. I've read that with the right heat and fatty substance [which is why butter is so easy to use], the host substance can successfully leach nearly everything from the flower. I'll have to do some research on liquids, though. I've seen it done with oil many times with a similar success to butter because they share a similar fatty chemical structure.

Strains are definitely huge in your success or downfall. I've used some mixtures of different strains, indica heavy, sativa heavy, hybrids and anything in between. I'm still experimenting with how much of each is the sweet spot in specific recipes but so far, I've come up with great day, night and chill recipes. I'm definitely trying to get into normal food recipes though. I have only been doing baking because it's much easier to mask the taste. While I do not hate the taste at all, I don't want it to take away from the actual thing it's in.

As for the YouTube videos, I'm definitely going to look into that. That's an amazing resource! Thank you.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:58 AM   #5
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Yea tinctures are made for a lot of things
https://www.healthline.com/health/wh...s%20a%20liquid.

I've never tried the butter. It would make for an interesting set of cookies. Do you find variance when using the same flower? Like one batch is whooooah and another is eh?
Old 10-07-2020, 12:38 PM   #6
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Tinctures I've come to see are usually 1:1 THC/CBD or heavy on one side. While the strain they're pulled from isn't really important, the measurement of dosage size per drop is where things get a little weird. Most have a uniform measurement but those with added flavors are pretty high drop counts in a comparable dose. There is a '200% power' liquid available at the local dispensary that does the trick. I generally make cookies and put a M&M - or the Reese's equivalent on top if it's a peanut butter batch - and put a drop of the high-strength shit on it right when it comes out of the oven. I can make cookies where petit females are just enough effected that they've got a good body high but can operate a vehicle without any impaired effects [although I always treat this stuff like alcohol in my home so if you take something, you aren't going anywhere for a few hours - it's the responsible thing to do] or I could take out a 400lb. male that smokes every day before and after Taco Bell to where he's laying on the floor high out of his fucking mind unable to get up. I feel like I have it fairly dialed.

With that being said, it's all measurements. You really have to dose the butter correctly. I haven't made a million batches but I've noticed a pretty consistent outcome. For instance, if I'm making the day time batch, I know how much butter I'm using and I 'weed it' accordingly. If I want it weaker, I just use less. I'm still using the same amount of all the other ingredients, I'm just simply using less weight or less potency. You're going to cook some off regardless but if you have access to a strain or similar strains year round and get in the habit of knowing how much to use in what dessert, you're golden.

Take notes. Write down every batch's weight/potency/strain. If you make them and shit yourself, you know to dial it back. Once you get that sweet spot, save that card and that will give you the ideal everything.

But yes. I've fucked it up pretty bad the first couple of times. I made a batch of cookies that made 24 cookies at the end and used 7G of 32% THC flower, a full dropper load of 200% liquid and no idea on the strains and I really fucked myself up. I was like OD'ing on this shit. I know it's weird to say but I felt like I had been drinking for like 2 days straight and they found me in the closet of the Titanic. It was a fun ride for about 20 minutes. I gave the rest of the batch to my shopmates and told them to take a quarter. One brave soul took a full cookie and I'm pretty sure he's dead.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:47 PM   #7
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
This is like an NA meeting wow haha.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:09 PM   #8
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Clearly you're not capable of reading.

haha.

Last edited by SupaDoopa; 10-07-2020 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add 'haha' to the end like a fucking two-year-old.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #9
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
I was like OD'ing on this shit. I know it's weird to say but I felt like I had been drinking for like 2 days straight and they found me in the closet of the Titanic. It was a fun ride for about 20 minutes. I gave the rest of the batch to my shopmates and told them to take a quarter. One brave soul took a full cookie and I'm pretty sure he's dead.
Been there. First time took 2.5 table spoons. I lost track of reality. I felt like i was literally glued to the bed.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:47 PM   #10
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
First off I’d like to say I do smoke pot, extensive amounts...

That’s what I was referring too, does the fact you smoke or not matter?

Anyways, question since you’re edible savvy. Do you feel edibles are better absorbed in the food (gummies usually since oil is dabbed on top/soaked) or cooked with?( brownies, chocolates, use of Ganj butter).

Haha....

Last edited by afishysilvia; 10-07-2020 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: Had to add since you’re a dick
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 01:47 PM   #11
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Been there. First time took 2.5 table spoons. I lost track of reality. I felt like i was literally glued to the bed.
Since then, I've had the mindset of dialing myself forward than dialing back. I'd rather it be too weak when cooking than a terrible experience. I've had probably two shit experiences where I wanted to just jump into traffic to end it all but since then, I've had a much better sense of judgement.

I am planning on doing some sauces this weekend - a honey mustard, a siracha and a buffalo all utilizing cannabutter or something else like honey infused with cannabis. I'll let you know if it ends up working, serving sizes and what was used in a little easier to read/scientific layout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
First off I’d like to say I do smoke pot, extensive amounts...

That’s what I was referring too, does the fact you smoke or not matter?

Anyways, question since you’re edible savvy. Do you feel edibles are better absorbed in the food (gummies usually since oil is dabbed on top/soaked) or cooked with?( brownies, chocolates, use of Ganj butter).
I have tried the candies and gummies and I never really gotten any sort of feeling. I feel like the high content of sugar kind of counteracts it. This is why I started cooking with infused butter or oils. It really is night and day. Candy is made at high temperature to achieve a specific mold so I feel like that process just really kills off whatever you've extracted. That's my personal opinion, though.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:08 PM   #12
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
First off I?d like to say I do smoke pot, extensive amounts...

That?s what I was referring too, does the fact you smoke or not matter?

Anyways, question since you?re edible savvy. Do you feel edibles are better absorbed in the food (gummies usually since oil is dabbed on top/soaked) or cooked with?( brownies, chocolates, use of Ganj butter).

Haha....
For me smoke its the lungs issue and the smell. I cannot get through half a blunt before that shit starts to burn my lungs and make my eyes water.

Edibles are just easier and more convenient, especially in a non legal state.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:20 PM   #13
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

I have tried the candies and gummies and I never really gotten any sort of feeling. I feel like the high content of sugar kind of counteracts it. This is why I started cooking with infused butter or oils. It really is night and day. Candy is made at high temperature to achieve a specific mold so I feel like that process just really kills off whatever you've extracted. That's my personal opinion, though.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the infusion with recipes is truly mind blowing. Gummies were much easier to get at first, once edibles evolved into more foods other than sugar. I?ve had anything from pizza to sodas.

Have you tried any of the pure THC/CBD gold pills? Price is great and very clean reaction.

Quote:
For me smoke its the lungs issue and the smell. I cannot get through half a blunt before that shit starts to burn my lungs and make my eyes water.

Edibles are just easier and more convenient, especially in a non legal state.
Yea I understand that completely. I usually smoke oil pens while at work due to discrete and easy. CBD oils have become abundant everywhere locally to me.
I?ve been using CBD for muscle pain and relief for years, usually a full dabber under the tongue and it?s better than Advil.
Old 10-07-2020, 03:53 PM   #14
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
I am planning on doing some sauces this weekend - a honey mustard, a siracha and a buffalo all utilizing cannabutter or something else like honey infused with cannabis. I'll let you know if it ends up working, serving sizes and what was used in a little easier to read/scientific layout.
Fuckkkkk that sounds good. I'd be scared I wouldn't be able to stop eating it though if it's super good (especially if I'm already high)

Quote:
I have tried the candies and gummies and I never really gotten any sort of feeling. I feel like the high content of sugar kind of counteracts it. This is why I started cooking with infused butter or oils. It really is night and day. Candy is made at high temperature to achieve a specific mold so I feel like that process just really kills off whatever you've extracted. That's my personal opinion, though.
I eat a few gummies throughout the day. Only 2mg each, which is nice for general pain/soreness and helps me focus. So I figured eating a 25mg brownie last weekend wouldn't be such a big deal and HOLY FUCK I WAS HIGH FOR 2.5 DAYS! That shit is no joke.

But also, it's pretty hit and miss with the gummies. Just gotta try them all and find what suits you TBH the Mindy's citrus ones I use are 10/10 best tasting and most consistent gummies I've ever had.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:54 PM   #15
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
So I figured eating a 25mg brownie last weekend wouldn't be such a big deal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wiz0UsBPac
Old 10-08-2020, 08:32 AM   #16
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Fuckkkkk that sounds good. I'd be scared I wouldn't be able to stop eating it though if it's super good (especially if I'm already high)

I eat a few gummies throughout the day. Only 2mg each, which is nice for general pain/soreness and helps me focus. So I figured eating a 25mg brownie last weekend wouldn't be such a big deal and HOLY FUCK I WAS HIGH FOR 2.5 DAYS! That shit is no joke.

But also, it's pretty hit and miss with the gummies. Just gotta try them all and find what suits you TBH the Mindy's citrus ones I use are 10/10 best tasting and most consistent gummies I've ever had.
Most of the strains I use don't make you super hungry. You're not couch locked ordering $200 worth of DoorDash and sending your neighbor to fetch it for you. It's more of a relaxing body high with a mild head high. More of a conversational upper high versus a lazy hungry downer. This is where manipulating different strains and gene groups comes into play. I will admit I'm not a pro like many others are in this category but that's currently the type of thing I'm trying to figure out. Ways to dial in specific elements of each flower or extract and honing in on specific desired effect at a specific level.

I did consider doing some sort of edible store front or something but I'm not sure the legality of that - yet.
Old 10-08-2020, 08:51 AM   #17
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
I did consider doing some sort of edible store front or something but I'm not sure the legality of that - yet.
Federally illegal everywhere.

State should have a pretty strict guide to what they allow as far as sales.

Need licenses, permits etc.
Old 10-09-2020, 01:29 PM   #18
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
My biggest pet pev to mj..is the smell..just do t like it.

When yall are cooking/baking.. does it stink up the place?
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #19
Future240
Future Moderator

when you decarb it yes. I have to decarb mine outside in a small toaster oven. As I too loathe the smell. Once i put it in a jar the smell is only if you sniff the jar.

I cannot speak for the butter.
Old 10-09-2020, 03:08 PM   #20
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Yea, my old lady once tried maken butter or oil, whatever it was and my god...... the house smelled soooo BAD.LOL i couldnt stand it.

Im all for others smoking or w.e. just dont like it around me. Like i said before last i smoked was in the 8th grade and all it ever did was put me to sleep.lol
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 06:35 AM   #21
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

I will be honest, when I decarb, I don't have any real lingering smells. Honestly, the worst smell I've noticed is if I don't immediately clean the saucepan that I fuse the decarb'd/grinded flower into the butter, it can start to smell. But I use the mason jar technique to decarb.

I simply grab a sheet pan, fold a dishtowel a few times and put it on the pan and then put the mason jar on top directly with the flower in it. The flower is coarsely ground with the stems/seeds removed. From here, I then put it in the oven for an hour shaking and rotating the jar every 15 minutes to prevent any hot spots or flower that isn't exposed to the open air at some point. Below is an image with the same idea, just different tools for the job. With this technique, there is extremely minimal smell. Most of the time, you wouldn't even know I was cooking with cannabis at all.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:16 AM   #22
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
I will be honest, when I decarb, I don't have any real lingering smells. Honestly, the worst smell I've noticed is if I don't immediately clean the saucepan that I fuse the decarb'd/grinded flower into the butter, it can start to smell. But I use the mason jar technique to decarb.

I simply grab a sheet pan, fold a dishtowel a few times and put it on the pan and then put the mason jar on top directly with the flower in it. The flower is coarsely ground with the stems/seeds removed. From here, I then put it in the oven for an hour shaking and rotating the jar every 15 minutes to prevent any hot spots or flower that isn't exposed to the open air at some point. Below is an image with the same idea, just different tools for the job. With this technique, there is extremely minimal smell. Most of the time, you wouldn't even know I was cooking with cannabis at all.

Now this is some good info. 100% will be trying this. Is it necessary to grind it first?
Old 10-20-2020, 10:50 AM   #23
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

I don't really grind into a dust like most places will tell you to do. I never had any issue with smells this way and always seem to get better results when fusing it to butter. I would break down the flower into maybe ball bearing size or so - this is about the size I do it personally. Once you've put it in the oven for an hour and shook it 4 times or so, you'll start simmering your butter, throwing the flower in and throw that in the oven for an hour to pull all the THC/CBD/etc. from it. From there, I'll use the mason jar as a vessel to strain my butter into. I like to use a metal strainer with small holes. I'll drain it through [you can go a step further and use cheese cloth but with my strainer, it's not needed] and then once it's through, I'll take a spoon and actually push on the flower and get all the lingering butter out. From there, you are done. Start cooking.

P.S. I don't really like molasses-tasting things so when I do peanut butter cookies or something that calls for brown sugar, I don't pack the measuring cup. I'll use airy measurements. This is per your preferred taste but I've had better results with not packing the shit in. Again, this is personal preference.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:27 PM   #24
Future240
Future Moderator

This butter idea got me wondering about all types of dishes. Can we say medicated steak lol??
Old 10-22-2020, 07:22 AM   #25
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trust me, I've been thinking about all sorts of different things. I will be upfront and tell you the butter definitely tastes like flower. So don't think it won't be noticeable. I usually do baking because the sugar sort of masks it. I don't mind the taste at all, it's the smell when people are smoking that I dislike. Also, make sure you're dosing correctly. 24 cookies for instance uses a full cup of butter. 1/24th of a cup - depending on the grade/potency of your flower - full fuck your shit up. I made the mistake of taking 2 cookies one day and I nearly died.

Moral of the story is dose correctly. If you're buying flower from a reputable person or dispensary, look at the THC/CBD percentages and take that into consideration, too. I generally buy anything that's around 23-30% THC. My idea is that some of it will be cooked off in the baking process [although to be honest, it never seems to be because I bake lower and slower].
Old 10-22-2020, 12:14 PM   #26
A DOG 406
Zilvia Member

A DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really nice
I have been seeing a lot of people asking about how to make the medical butter without stinking up the whole house.

This video I found tells you the simplest way to make the cana-butter with no smell, and it also breaks down the science of why decarboxylation is so important. It also goes over why you should use coconut oil and which kind of oil to use for the best results both taste wise and psychoactively. This method also uses the least amount of dishes and prep. He also goes over dosing at the end of the video. Very informative and simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qaxUyxzJsA
Old 10-29-2020, 10:28 AM   #27
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Dosing is nearly impossible. Anyone who tells you they can calculate it is full of shit. Certain oils and fats have different success rates. You have to understand you have to factor in preservatives, additives and all sorts of other outside factors that will actually hurt you from soaking up all the good vibes. I've had my best luck with plain ol' unsalted butter. It's as pure as pure can get. I've done plenty of research and even invested in a $3,000 grow tent big enough for only 4 plants [the yield here would be more than enough to supplement my wife and I in between grows]. This setup could have easily costed sub $1,000 but to get the proper flowering stages, the yields I'm hunting for and the quality/potency I want, I went high-end. It's like cars - you can do it wrong a few times for less or you can do it right the first time.

The video is something I've watched in the past but I dunno, I don't think the science behind it can be measured without a decent amount of equipment that no one is going to buy.

Anywho, I made some cannabis chocolate chip cookies this weekend. I used a full cup of cannabis-infused butter that contained 0.25 ounce of top shelf flower. I also used a pre-made chocolate edible piece on the top of the cookie. I'll have to post pictures shortly. They uhhhhhhhh. They work well by eating a half.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:38 PM   #28
ghost_silvia
Zilvia Junkie

ghost_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
I just saw The bong appetite show on vice this week. It is very informative and has great culinary ideas. The one great idea I watched was them making infused honey. They put flower in a mason jar with coconut oil. Boiled it for about 2.5 hours, used a cheese cloth to catch the particulates. Then blended it with the freshly harvested honey. Many states are easing up on cannibus because the people are losing the stigma and realising the potential benefits. South Dakota just passed recreational and medical marijuana usage. I've purchased edibles while on vacation in both Las Vegas and Colorado and to me Colorado were better. Haven't had any in while because I tend to get anxiety. I have to be in the right head space to use them.
ghost_silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 08:53 AM   #29
Future240
Future Moderator

I need to check that out. Infused honey would be bomb. Would make a great drink
-
1-2 table spoons infused honey
juice of a lemon
1-2oz of your spirit of choice
stir until fully liquid mixed in
add fresh ice
top with lemon seltzer water
-

Anyone see the netflix show about cooking with flower? I tried to watch it but it go so cringy with all the bad jokes. The actual food though was interesting as they blended thc and cbd in different dishes.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:21 AM   #30
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

The stuff in MA is pretty potent if you buy it at the right place and know what to mix with what. I generally buy the stupid edibles they offer like chocolates so I can top cookies or desserts with them. It's an added effect and a slower onset. I feel like it will be federally legalized shortly.