Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:37 AM   #31
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
Hell yeah! That is basically the same setup I'd like to go with. Can I pm you some questions?

Thanks! The small details are always the most time consuming.
I would like to get those designed and printed but that area on my car is kind of beat from clearance for the wheels. There was someone interested in them locally but he never came through for me to take measurements. Once I have a set printed and tested I'll pm you.
I can take the measurements for you with a digital micrometer, and send you pics if that will help Mark.
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2018, 06:16 PM   #32
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
I can take the measurements for you with a digital micrometer, and send you pics if that will help Mark.
Dude yes! I’ll send you a message now.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:03 AM   #33
enderr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
enderr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
following, i like the attention to detail.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:35 PM   #34
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Time for an update.

Got some new rubber for my front tires. Mounted them up to make sure they would clear the fenders. No issues there. The wheels will be painted another color.

Finally got the chassis and all the aero prepped for paint. Gave it all a final clean before masking the car and spraying it.

Started laying down the paint. We did our best to make a draft in the warehouse. It actually worked better than I expected. It was definitely a long night.

I chose to go with S13 Lavender Frost. Seems to be a bit darker than OE lavender but it brightens up in the sunlight.

Couldn't wait to start getting it somewhat buttoned up. Don't mind the height.

Here's the only shot I have of it outside. I'll grab some more this weekend.
I started to slowly bolt stuff back on. Hardmounted the sunroof glass with some brackets I 3D printed. I'll grab some pictures of that as well. Next update I hope to have the interior in and have it all assembled. Getting close to driving it again and I miss it!

Old 11-30-2018, 08:08 AM   #35
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Paint boner.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:56 AM   #36
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
so very good.
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:38 PM   #37
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
God damn I love lavender frost
Old 12-01-2018, 08:47 PM   #38
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Nice work man, diggin' this!!!
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:31 PM   #39
Tealash_Garage
Leaky Injector

Tealash_Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks great as always Krusty, love that color!
Tealash_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:21 PM   #40
Kamycakes
Leaky Injector

Kamycakes is on a distinguished road
Damn. Soo many good choices. Color could be a little bit deeper but it is still a damn good one.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:17 PM   #41
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
FUCK! Dude this has been a lowkey dream of mine: build a Silvia and paint it Lavender Frost. Car looks awesome man keep up the good work!
Old 01-31-2019, 02:23 PM   #42
s13poop
Post Whore!

s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
damn killer paint code choice!
Old 02-01-2019, 10:04 AM   #43
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
I'm not sure how I missed this update but awesome progress! I love the color choice. Can't wait to see more!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:00 PM   #44
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Another small update, car is nearing completion!

I am taking way too much time with the small details which, as I'm sure most of you know, takes forever.

I am currently in the process of reupholstering and installing the interior. But I was able to mount the aero and lower the car a bit. Wheels will get refinished this weekend, along with sending out some SSR's for widening.

I also picked up some headlights from Jimmy that were damaged. Took my bricks as a reference and modeled/Printed these replacement brackets. I still had some material on the headlight which allowed me to bolt the bracket to the headlight. Mounted up perfect and its pretty rigid. I will have these available for sale soon!

I have also been working on iterations of my radiator brackets and firewall plugs which you can see in the picture below. Not done with those yet. I also picked up a TAARKS ps relocation bracket and installed a oversized oil pan. That PS bracket is pretty cool!

Last thing, I've been hoarding this wing that I can't find any info on. Definitely looks like a r32 wing of some sort. Tossed it on there to get a visual. Still unsure of it, but we'll see.

I'm trying my hardest to have the car done by the end of may. It'll be two years since I last drove it (May 2017) and the itch to drive it is REAL.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:29 PM   #45
s13poop
Post Whore!

s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
Cars coming along great
Old 04-03-2019, 08:01 AM   #46
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Very cool brackets for silvia lights. Will be a huge help to the community.

If I was smart, I'd start stocking up on YAJ now.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:26 AM   #47
Tealash_Garage
Leaky Injector

Tealash_Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks great as always krusty, good luck May is right around the corner!
Tealash_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:04 PM   #48
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
That color looks sharp, man. Great choice!
Old 04-06-2019, 07:17 AM   #49
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Color is dope, headlight brackets are brilliant!
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:20 PM   #50
Ripzsaur

Ripzsaur is an unknown quantity at this point
Looked at this thread yesterday and decided to come back and comment. Looks great! I’m thinking of going a shade of purple for mine. Good choice!
Ripzsaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:45 PM   #51
teck
Leaky Injector

teck is an unknown quantity at this point
Well this looks very familiar, glad I decided to get back on here, wayyy more active than Nicoclub
teck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:08 AM   #52
BoostedLove
Leaky Injector

BoostedLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man, tried to PM you again but your inbox is full.
BoostedLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:40 PM   #53
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedLove View Post
Hey man, tried to PM you again but your inbox is full.
Just cleared it and shot you a PM.

I'll have a decent update for you guys soon!
Old 05-14-2019, 07:51 AM   #54
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Car is looking great. Love the headlight brackets!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:04 PM   #55
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Car is looking on point man!
Old 06-11-2019, 02:24 PM   #56
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Man, these past couple of weeks have been crazy!

Couple of weeks before finalbout, I decided I wanted to change out the RB overs for a flat OEM style "overfender", because you know, I'm an indecisive pos. This set me up with more bodywork.... again.

So off we went,

I wanted to gear the car toward what I had envisioned initially. Sooo I contacted Streeter and picked up some period correct wheels.

At this point, we had set a private track day for the 9th of June, and I was about two weeks out. So I began to tackle all of the small things that I needed to finish the car up. This this hadnt been turned over since May of 2017.

Got all of the engine buttoned up. Silicone hoses throughout, thermal IM gasket, fresh seals, etc.

Got the interior started, still need to design some block off plates and such.

Got the car started up, made sure there were no leaks and drove it around for the first time in 2 years.

Grabbed a quick alignment and we were ready to test the car.

Headed out looking pretty good.

But I suck, so that didn't last too long.

Pulled the bumper off and continued with the day.

Picture courtesy of @drift_club_close_up

Made it home and I had to try to get it looking half decent again.

The car drives soooo good. Such a simple setup but it is effective.
- GKTECH v2 RC kit
- Stock S13 FLCAs
- S14/Maxima tie rod setup
- SPL tension rod
- P2M rear arms
- PBM riser
- Welded r200 with a 4.6 r&p

Check out @garage.emperor on IG for more consistent updates and some videos from the event. Thanks for keeping up with me!
Old 06-11-2019, 07:12 PM   #57
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
Which hole do you have the tie rod in on the rcc v2? I set mines in the more aggressive one(closer to the knuckle) car seems to be pretty wuock in steering..I loved the v1 kit.
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:44 AM   #58
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuglychuki91 View Post
Which hole do you have the tie rod in on the rcc v2? I set mines in the more aggressive one(closer to the knuckle) car seems to be pretty wuock in steering..I loved the v1 kit.
I have it set to the one furthest from the balljoint and the car feels great. I do still have the stock steering stops in place, might have to cut those off.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:03 AM   #59
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Nice build man. Love the color
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:28 PM   #60
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_nice View Post
Nice build man. Love the color
Thanks!

I'll have another update for you guys soon. Finishing up some last minute stuff.

Here's a shot courtesy of misled-society. Check out the event coverage HERE