Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-02-2014, 12:30 PM   #61
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Are you having any work done by them specifically?
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #62
ODS
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ODS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Not necessarily, but its not out of the question. Its mainly going there to get a through inspection by people that specialize in GTRs
ODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:52 PM   #63
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Have them put an LS1 in it before they ship it off.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:56 PM   #64
ODS
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Have them put an LS1 in it before they ship it off.
Thats basically high treason.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #65
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
So, are you still importing the GTS also?

Sucks that we CA peeps are SOL in terms of registering these cars :/
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #66
ODS
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
So, are you still importing the GTS also?

Sucks that we CA peeps are SOL in terms of registering these cars :/
Yes, im just going to ship them together. It kinda sucks because i have to wait a extra month for the GTS-t but ill save some money.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:43 AM   #67
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Man, I know that wait is going to be torture for you. Good luck.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:56 AM   #68
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
so tell me. if I was to??

--fly to japan myself

--purchase a gtr legally

--purchase a transport and a container

if I had all the paperwork, why would I need a 3rd party like gtr garage(not taking anything away from them).

if it's legal to transport after 25 years, I would be able to go thorugh that process myself right??

then when it arrives at and then clears customs I can get in and drive??

isn't this correct IN THEORY?
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:20 AM   #69
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
so tell me. if I was to??

--fly to japan myself

--purchase a gtr legally

--purchase a transport and a container

if I had all the paperwork, why would I need a 3rd party like gtr garage(not taking anything away from them).

if it's legal to transport after 25 years, I would be able to go thorugh that process myself right??

then when it arrives at and then clears customs I can get in and drive??

isn't this correct IN THEORY?
Yes, you can and people have done this. The thing is if the paperwork isn't right when it hits the US port of arrival you are going to be jammed up or worse having the container rejected. There are several articles and dicussion about what/how/and where to find all the information you need for this. The reason you have GTRgarage, Rivsu, ect do it for you, is they have been there and know the paperwork cold. they also have people to translate the documents and make sure everything is done correctly the first time. This is in an invaluable service that well I might have paid extra for these services verse doing it myself, I can invest that time in doing more important things (like bugging Kunio for prices on parts for my GTST).

never mind how much you are "saving" to having someone else do the paperwork vs you paying to fly 1/2 around the world.....

To the OP:

I'm in the exact position you are. I happened to use Rivsu as they are literally 5 mins from my house and Kunio wasn't doing auto importation (or wasn't advertising it heavily) when I made my purchase in DECEMBER last year. The wait has been a little killer, but the ability to stock up on parts has been great. I too got a black July car, 5spd and Coupe. This time has allowed me to decide to have it painted prior to shipment and stock up on a bunch of replacment parts so that when it arrives it won't be a Garage anchor for more than intended. I have used Kunio to import several parts in the past, and he has been nothing short of a Gem to deal with. I too probably would have used him to import my R32 had I had some for thought.

get used to a lot dumb questions, and I would like to say the wait gets easier, but it doesn't. My husband is pretty well going off the deep end waiting for it to arrive so we have something new to wrench on and have fun with.

Everything Kunio has said about importing from CAN is correct. The prices of their 89s are also jumping up. Have spent a little time strolling GTRcanda and prices are ever increasing for their "rust bucket" (by comparison to the Jland ones) 89s.

as for if you can import a Nismo, under other conditions of not road use, or under 25 years there is not only a lot of bad info on this thread, but generally all over the internet. I could get into it deeper as I have been doing an abundance of reading since I don't have a car to play with right now, but I won't add a bunch more to an otherwise valuable thread.

Congrats on the purchase, and check out Skylineownersusa if you get a minute. Some good info and good people over there. Welcome to owning a skyline (eventually) and enjoy stocking up on the goodies.

PS Mines.....
Old 04-03-2014, 12:59 PM   #70
ODS
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Man, I know that wait is going to be torture for you. Good luck.
I've waited for many things in this world, and it always boils down to the excitement of getting what you are waiting for, and the disappointment of not having it sooner. The best thing is to not thing about it because you start visualizing and imaging what it will be like, how real it will be, and you just get more disappointed.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #71
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Very true. Good choice on the wheels btw.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:11 PM   #72
ODS
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post
Yes, you can and people have done this. The thing is if the paperwork isn't right when it hits the US port of arrival you are going to be jammed up or worse having the container rejected. There are several articles and dicussion about what/how/and where to find all the information you need for this. The reason you have GTRgarage, Rivsu, ect do it for you, is they have been there and know the paperwork cold. they also have people to translate the documents and make sure everything is done correctly the first time. This is in an invaluable service that well I might have paid extra for these services verse doing it myself, I can invest that time in doing more important things (like bugging Kunio for prices on parts for my GTST).

never mind how much you are "saving" to having someone else do the paperwork vs you paying to fly 1/2 around the world.....

To the OP:

I'm in the exact position you are. I happened to use Rivsu as they are literally 5 mins from my house and Kunio wasn't doing auto importation (or wasn't advertising it heavily) when I made my purchase in DECEMBER last year. The wait has been a little killer, but the ability to stock up on parts has been great. I too got a black July car, 5spd and Coupe. This time has allowed me to decide to have it painted prior to shipment and stock up on a bunch of replacment parts so that when it arrives it won't be a Garage anchor for more than intended. I have used Kunio to import several parts in the past, and he has been nothing short of a Gem to deal with. I too probably would have used him to import my R32 had I had some for thought.

get used to a lot dumb questions, and I would like to say the wait gets easier, but it doesn't. My husband is pretty well going off the deep end waiting for it to arrive so we have something new to wrench on and have fun with.

Everything Kunio has said about importing from CAN is correct. The prices of their 89s are also jumping up. Have spent a little time strolling GTRcanda and prices are ever increasing for their "rust bucket" (by comparison to the Jland ones) 89s.

as for if you can import a Nismo, under other conditions of not road use, or under 25 years there is not only a lot of bad info on this thread, but generally all over the internet. I could get into it deeper as I have been doing an abundance of reading since I don't have a car to play with right now, but I won't add a bunch more to an otherwise valuable thread.

Congrats on the purchase, and check out Skylineownersusa if you get a minute. Some good info and good people over there. Welcome to owning a skyline (eventually) and enjoy stocking up on the goodies.

PS Mines.....
I agree with your first point completely, its worth it for me to pay someone who knows how to do it and has experience. there is to much money tided up for something to go wrong.

But if I knew the process and had someone to stay with in Japan Id probably try to do it myself, I wouldn't fly over with hopes and prayers that I would find one, have a place to stay, have transportation not to mention speak Japanese which would be helpful. But hey if you have a few of those things in your favor it would more that likely work out.

And thanks, its nice to know there are people in the same boat. I've been on the parts search as well (I should be saving money), It just makes financial sense to have stuff source and installed over there. Ill start saving when the cars get here.....
Old 04-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #73
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
have you heard from kunio recently? I PM'd him last week and got nothing.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #74
ODS
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
have you heard from kunio recently? I PM'd him last week and got nothing.
Its been about a week since we talked but he was the last to email me so I wasn't expecting anything. He's a great guy, sometimes slow to respond (I just keep emailing him lol). He told me things are nuts over there right now and to be patient and forgive him for the slow response.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #75
ODS
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
It's nice to hear about other people's importing processes. The excitement, the wait times... Everything. It's kinda refreshing to say the least.

It's funny, I started looking for my car last March. It took a few months to find one that I liked (and the cars that I lost the bids on). Then the wait till it was legal for road use in Canada.

So I feel where a lot of you guys are coming from. The flip side is that I've been purchasing parts for the last few years haha!
True that! Yea im in a weird spot with the GTR, there is a but of hesitance on the part of Mines to give up the info on the car. As far as we can tell the car was built (Swapped, all parts installed and tuned) by them, the problem is the build sheet was completely packed, so much so that things were probably left off.

BCNR33 RB26DETT N1 Engine
Mine's VX-Rom (tuned by Mine's)
Mine's Camshafts
Mine's VX Intake Kit
Mine's Turbo Outlets Pro
Mine's Front Pipe Pro
HKS GT-SS Turbo Kit
HKS EVC-5
Racing Muffler (doesn't say the brand)
Tomei Head Gasket
Tomei 600cc Injectors
Airflow Sensor Upgrade (doesn't say which ones)
Coilover Suspension (doesn't list brand)
Upgraded Brakes
Upgraded Clutch (Nismo Coppermix)
Upgraded LSD
18'' TE37s
Nismo Brake Hose

"The rest of it is hard to make out" according to Kunio. Some stuff has been figured out AP Racing brakes front and rear, Twin disk, D-Jetro but I want to know what Upgraded LSD, Coilovers, Mines Cams, mean, like the actual specifics of every part. Hence why its going to Power Craft.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #76
ODS
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Very true. Good choice on the wheels btw.
Thanks, they have always been one of my favorites, sucks they have been a victim of the vicious knock off brands. But I love them anyways. Now I need some Blitz 03's for my GTS-t.......... (cough cough) Kunio
Old 04-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #77
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
GTR-Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
There's not going to be any disappointment with this one. It's so fast I'm scared to drive it. I think my description to ODS was that it is like sitting in a jet.

If anyone needs to get in touch it's best to send an email to [email protected]. I haven't been able to find much time to log onto Zilvia. Too busy arranging container loadings.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #78
ODS
Zilvia Member

Kunio likes to tell you how nice and fast your car is. He proabaly thinks it makes the waiting eaiser.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #79
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
GTR-Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODS View Post
Kunio likes to tell you how nice and fast your car is. He proabaly thinks it makes the waiting eaiser.
Bah, nothing makes the waiting better. I can't even stand waiting the two days it takes to get a car down from Osaka. Buying more cars isn't going to help either! One of the first few episodes of our web series "Tuned Life" is going to feature the ODS GT-R trip to Power Factory.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #80
ODS
Zilvia Member

I though buying the GTR would help, it definitely did not. But im greatful that i had the opportunity to buy it. It really is a dream.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:48 PM   #81
Nikzilla
Zilvia Member

Nikzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
I really would like to know how much the average is for a GTR.

I'm mean like total. How deep of a hole in your pocket does the seminal fluid oozing out of your testicles have to fill when you first drive it in the US?
Nikzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:57 PM   #82
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
True that! Yea im in a weird spot with the GTR, there is a but of hesitance on the part of Mines to give up the info on the car. As far as we can tell the car was built (Swapped, all parts installed and tuned) by them, the problem is the build sheet was completely packed, so much so that things were probably left off.

BCNR33 RB26DETT N1 Engine
Mine's VX-Rom (tuned by Mine's)
Mine's Camshafts
Mine's VX Intake Kit
Mine's Turbo Outlets Pro
Mine's Front Pipe Pro
HKS GT-SS Turbo Kit
HKS EVC-5
Racing Muffler (doesn't say the brand)
Tomei Head Gasket
Tomei 600cc Injectors
Airflow Sensor Upgrade (doesn't say which ones)
Coilover Suspension (doesn't list brand)
Upgraded Brakes
Upgraded Clutch (Nismo Coppermix)
Upgraded LSD
18'' TE37s
Nismo Brake Hose

"The rest of it is hard to make out" according to Kunio. Some stuff has been figured out AP Racing brakes front and rear, Twin disk, D-Jetro but I want to know what Upgraded LSD, Coilovers, Mines Cams, mean, like the actual specifics of every part. Hence why its going to Power Craft.
Man, this car is going to pull like a freight train! That's quite the impressive parts list! The responsiveness is going to really get you into trouble
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:58 PM   #83
ODS
Zilvia Member

Id say at the minimum, if you bought one early on close to 15k if not more.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:59 PM   #84
Nikzilla
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Id say at the minimum, if you bought one early on close to 15k if not more.
That's actually really not that bad, when you consider a mint supra here goes for more than 15k.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:11 PM   #85
ODS
Zilvia Member

Thats the same logic i used when i bought the GTR, i could have had a STI, EVO, FD, S2000 or whatever but a GTR is much more interesting.... To me anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikzilla View Post
That's actually really not that bad, when you consider a mint supra here goes for more than 15k.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #86
Nikzilla
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Thats the same logic i used when i bought the GTR, i could have had a STI, EVO, FD, S2000 or whatever but a GTR is much more interesting.... To me anyways
I agree. It's better too.

Man, if I wasn't in college right now...
Old 04-03-2014, 10:16 PM   #87
ODS
Zilvia Member

I was going to build and GTR but this will keep me satisfied for a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Man, this car is going to pull like a freight train! That's quite the impressive parts list! The responsiveness is going to really get you into trouble
Old 04-03-2014, 10:45 PM   #88
ODS
Zilvia Member

To be frank is also because these are cash only cars. And it can be challenging to come up with the funds and take the risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikzilla View Post
I agree. It's better too.

Man, if I wasn't in college right now...
Old 04-03-2014, 10:55 PM   #89
Nikzilla
Zilvia Member

Quote:
To be frank is also because these are cash only cars. And it can be challenging to come up with the funds and take the risk.
Can you elaborate for me?
Old 04-04-2014, 06:33 AM   #90
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Is there anything you have to do on your end once the cars are in the US? Like paperwork and such, or when it arrives it will be delivered all paperwork completely done and ready to register?
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote