Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
LET NISSAN HEAR YOUR VOICE! Go vote for the new IDx...

Autoblog is having a vote that Nissan is paying attention to regarding the new IDx. S-Chassis owners, ALL OF YOU, this is your chance to have influence on getting a new car made! Take 5 seconds, click the link below and vote YES!!!

The IDx may not be the S16 Silvia weve all wanted, but at least its RWD, its 4cyl and its TURBO! Dont worry about the CVT scare thing, the car would be a 100% flop if Nissan didnt offer a manual option, but thats besides the point.

Get your voice heard, take 5 seconds, vote yes! Let Nissan know you want this car to be made!

Nissan IDx 'in the plan' for production, needs support from fans [w/poll] - Autoblog

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #2
signals13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
signals13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Good looking out, I really hope this car comes out would definitely get one as a daily to keep the s13 as a track/project/ car.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I saw the concept car and honestly I hope it doesn't go into prudctuon. Looks like shit IMO.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:34 PM   #4
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konster View Post
I saw the concept car and honestly I hope it doesn't go into prudctuon. Looks like shit IMO.
because it doesnt look like a silvia?

Old 01-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #5
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Not at all. Just don't like how the car looks in general. Even if it does go into production, hopefully it will have a manual transmission.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:00 PM   #6
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
I honestly don't know why they are producing this car. They need to just make a new silvia already, it's stupid imo to make something that isn't a silvia and in a similar class. They screwed up and missed out on all the hype the FRS/BRZ has gotten because they had cold feet. Now they're releasing something similarish to what people were asking for but not what people were expecting.

Nissan fail.

This poll lacks a lot of statistically relevant information. no matter how many of us vote it will be difficult to have confidence that drawing a conclusion from that poll will have any real correlation to the question if it will be profitable to produce that car.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:09 PM   #7
rebornS14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
rebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rebornS14
holycrap! people are voting "no never"!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 05:11 PM   #8
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
i voted "no, never"

I think what's even more surprising is the even distribution of the poll. (~30% each)
Old 01-15-2014, 05:12 PM   #9
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
Nissan fail.
^this

Nissan hasn't made the brightest decisions in the past, financially speaking...
Old 01-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #10
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Voted, No Never. That car looks horrid.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #11
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

its too bad all you guys voting no cant actually see past the concept ideas toward a more production based version.

nissan gives us a RWD, 4 cyl, turbo setup and it seems like a lot of folks hate it simply because its "ugly" and "not a silvia".

with some exterior tweaking and interior toning down, this car could be absolutely KILLER looking!

i did my own personal take on the car a few weeks back and toned things down a bit...

though im sure most of you arent gonna dig this either

Old 01-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #12
mrturboextreme
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
mrturboextreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^I think your take looks pretty good actually.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #13
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Actually, you're probably right. every car i've purchased in stock form looks like garbage. (gs430, s14, 06 tacoma)

i'm not saying they shouldnt produce it, or i wouldnt buy it because its ugly. I voted no because theres other cars id waste my money on before this one. (and as i get older, i'd like to step up from the 4cyl into something a bit classier for a daily. hence the lexus boat i bought)
Old 01-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #14
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Voted no. Car is ugly imo. Not saying I wouldn't buy a new Nissan RWD sport coupe, just not if it looked remotely like that. Back to the drawing board.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #15
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
this car is ugly as a concept. Just think how bad it will look when they try to reproduce for below 30K (if they go for that segment). Now toyota on the other hand is on the right track..
Old 01-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #16
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

soooooooooooooooo is anyone voting "YES"?

Old 01-15-2014, 05:41 PM   #17
aymaeid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
aymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
soooooooooooooooo is anyone voting "YES"?
i said yes simply because i want nissan to produce anything that doesnt look like so generic. i personally hate the style, but would love future nissan designs to go in any other direction but the current.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:44 PM   #18
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Can't even vote off my phone but if I could it would be no. That shit is hideous, any "toned" down version will still look like shit they missed the FRS/BRZ hype and have no chance. Nissan doesn't make cool cars anymore. Obviously I'm excluding the GTR.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:48 PM   #19
mrturboextreme
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
mrturboextreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aymaeid View Post
i said yes simply because i want nissan to produce anything that doesnt look like so generic. i personally hate the style, but would love future nissan designs to go in any other direction but the current.
I agree. I only said yes because its different. Not a good different. But with a few changes it has potential to be really cool.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #20
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
im definitely voting NO, because they are wasting money making a bullshit knockoff of a datsun, when they should be focusing on making a NEW S chassis
Old 01-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #21
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

lol how is a nissan a knockoff of a datsan when its the same company!?!?!? hahahhahah

Old 01-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #22
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
its too bad all you guys voting no cant actually see past the concept ideas toward a more production based version.

nissan gives us a RWD, 4 cyl, turbo setup and it seems like a lot of folks hate it simply because its "ugly" and "not a silvia".

with some exterior tweaking and interior toning down, this car could be absolutely KILLER looking!

i did my own personal take on the car a few weeks back and toned things down a bit...

though im sure most of you arent gonna dig this either
Ok, this looks pretty good.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #23
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

take the over the top concept ideas away from the car and apply more production based lines/materials/current design language in your head and the nissan IDx turns out as a pretty slick little car

Old 01-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #24
tauntdevil
Zilvia Junkie

tauntdevil is a well-known jackass
Though I doubt I will be able to afford it at all in any way, if I could purchase it, I would over the FRS and BRZ, etc just because I like the way it looks.

S14 KA NA two cylinders, 75whp limper
Old 01-15-2014, 06:53 PM   #25
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
take the over the top concept ideas away from the car and apply more production based lines/materials/current design language in your head and the nissan IDx turns out as a pretty slick little car
Agreed. Hopefully it will have 300HP at least.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:55 PM   #26
sil14zenki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
sil14zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
yes... 1,000 times yes. a car never looks the same from the concept model.
and the more i look at the nismo version the more i can see where they're going with this idea. that and i love datsun 510's. i like that they went with oldschool datsun body lines. and not some futuristic (new supra) looking style. just my opinion. but i would def buy one.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:56 PM   #27
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
I would take either one in a heartbeat. I love the styling. As long as they can make it snappy and responsive to drive, and slightly on the tail happy side, I'll take one of each.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:01 PM   #28
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konster View Post
Agreed. Hopefully it will have 300HP at least.
im gonna take an educated guess and say 180-235hp. im guessing is its gonna be over the 200hp side to compete with the FRS

Old 01-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #29
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Voted NO. We need a real car. Coupe, boost and RWD. We dont need another kia soul or that lame scion xb.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:09 PM   #30
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:

Why should anyone have to see past the concept? It is their job to make a concept that everyone will like.

For example, the Kia Stinger concept looks great, has a manual transmission, and I immediately knew I like it, without needing to 'let it grow on me' or having to look past anything.
Who knows, maybe the production version of the Kia will turn out terrible while the IDx will end up looking great, but right now I am not convinced of that.
Closed Thread