Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-13-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
What Crazy Electrical gremlins do you have??

Ill start off. When I turn on my map lights my seatbelt lights turn on. Also before i redid my steering wheel my horn would only honk when turned 180deg. Also when my auto seatbelt opens my clock turns of and only turns on when its closed.

What strange elec problems do you guys have?
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2006, 09:58 AM   #2
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
My headlights turn on but don't pop up, I have to push the dash button for them to come up. Just started happening a couple of months ago.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:59 AM   #3
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whenever I adjust my drivers seat (slide it forward or back) my seatbelt chime will randomly go off for the following week. That's my S13 Electrical Gremlin. Also when I bought the car my tailights were dimmer on one side, but I solved that by cleaning the grounds inside the housings.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #4
FlyingChicken
Leaky Injector

FlyingChicken is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FlyingChicken
steering wheel horn only honks at 180 degrees

for the guy that has this problem, you should take the steering wheel off lightly sand and then re-grease the contact points.

this happened to me when i put on a momo hub, i had to dremel off the plastic surrounding the hub to get a nice contact.
FlyingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #5
DrIvEsldEwAyS
Zilvia Junkie

DrIvEsldEwAyS is an unknown quantity at this point
if i open my door twice after the car cutting off the hazard lights flicker untill i put the key in and turn it. also if i use my windshield wipers for a good amount of time a day they will not cut off unless i take the fuse out.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:32 AM   #6
Pennyman

Pennyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pennyman
My girlfriend's S13 dash lights flicker between the day setting and the night setting when she has the headlights on. She also has the most schizophrenic temperature gauge known to man. I mean it jumps all over the place. Goes down while cruising goes up to max at idle. I checked the engine, it was not overheated.

My 280z doesn't have too many gremlins, but here's kinda one: I had to rewire the turnsignals, so whenever the headlights are on, it takes like 2 seconds for the signal to light up after I flip the switch.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:09 AM   #7
rancid240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (72)
rancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 72 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra
My headlights turn on but don't pop up, I have to push the dash button for them to come up. Just started happening a couple of months ago.

Same here.......
rancid240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:24 AM   #8
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
i have my headlights up all the time (all the way up not sleepy eyes) and sometimes the passengers sicde will go out every now and then. till i either hit the hi beams or turn it off and on again. DAMN THESE ELECTRICAL GREMLINS!!!!!
hellion240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:36 AM   #9
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
painless wiring now
no problems to be reported, sir!
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:44 AM   #10
'90RPS13
BANNED

'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
I got the deal with the headlights not coming up. Other then that, thats about it. *a
'90RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #11
REDSH!FT
Zilvia Junkie

REDSH!FT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan PG
painless wiring now
no problems to be reported, sir!
I hope to say the same thing once my car is all wired up.
REDSH!FT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:24 PM   #12
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingChicken

for the guy that has this problem, you should take the steering wheel off lightly sand and then re-grease the contact points.

this happened to me when i put on a momo hub, i had to dremel off the plastic surrounding the hub to get a nice contact.

Thanks flying chicken yeah i knocked it out when i changed to a personal wheel.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:39 PM   #13
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I can only get the sunroof to go into the tilt position if its the third thursday of the month on a leap year and there is a full moon.

My horn stays stuck in a wierd way. The sound it makes is like a plusing type beep not one long beep. I pulled the fuse out months ago. lol.

I have the stock radio, when I turn it on it'll stay on for a few seconds, then turn off. I have to do this back and forth for a while untill it stays on. The CD player no longer works. (Alpine HU coming when I'm no longer broke)
Old 07-13-2006, 03:11 PM   #14
undesiredshoe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
undesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undesiredshoe
if i touch my wiper switch, my wipers turn on for a couple minutes then stop. People look at me for having my wipers on when all i did was use some wiper fluid.
undesiredshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:44 PM   #15
sean350z
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
sean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
all of my interior lights (except boost controller and gauges) and exterior lights pulse when the car is idling...alternator is good and so is battery

once driving everything seems to be fine or it just pulses so fast I can't tell it's happening
Old 07-13-2006, 04:47 PM   #16
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
when i press my brake, all dash lights dim.

all my brake lights work..but when i press it..one of em turns off.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:39 PM   #17
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Sounds like a lot of people need to go through their vehicles and clean all the grounding points they can find. Myself included. That should solve alot of the light dimming problems at least.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:48 PM   #18
IWantRWD

IWantRWD is an unknown quantity at this point
my passanger low-beam is wired into the drivers low-beam, and when i hit the brights all my lights cut out..hopefully im going to fix that this weekend
IWantRWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #19
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
when i roll my drivers side window down all the way, the little automatic power window amp box thingy will click, and idle drops about 200rpm, then click again and idle goes back up-i guess that thing drains alot of power lol

id fix it or get a new one, but im lazy and s14s are scarce at the local pull-a-part and those boxes are even harder to find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv
90% of the cars posted here are stock or with original rims painted black
I'm not an asshole but is the true..
Team Rootbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:58 PM   #20
sean350z
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
sean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamslideshow
when i roll my drivers side window down all the way, the little automatic power window amp box thingy will click, and idle drops about 200rpm, then click again and idle goes back up-i guess that thing drains alot of power lol

id fix it or get a new one, but im lazy and s14s are scarce at the local pull-a-part and those boxes are even harder to find!
mine does that too...a simple solution is to put it up a centimeter after all the way down...it will not click anymore
Old 07-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #21
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
This is a bit wierd, bit on my s14 whenever I push on the brakes the stereo resets hahaha. I've been cleaning out the wires in my dash, I've located all of the stereo component wires, along with the negative postiive and nneutral.

Hopefully i can get this shit solved asap. Because I would like to listen to the music for at least 1 minute or so before the bitch resets on me.

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

downshift_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:08 PM   #22
2iv0 sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Well.. my auto seatbelt doesnt like to work whenever my gas tank is low... WTF?
2iv0 sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:50 PM   #23
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean350z
mine does that too...a simple solution is to put it up a centimeter after all the way down...it will not click anymore
haha, thats exactly what i do......laziness ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv
90% of the cars posted here are stock or with original rims painted black
I'm not an asshole but is the true..
Team Rootbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:26 AM   #24
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2iv0 sx
Well.. my auto seatbelt doesnt like to work whenever my gas tank is low... WTF?
Lol thats a crazy one' "hmm seatbelts not working i should get gas"
Old 07-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #25
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
^That may have something to do with the fuel pump and its ground/power wires?
Old 07-14-2006, 02:45 PM   #26
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
turn signals don't work, but hazards do.
radio won't work right. will turn and and off and on and off.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:23 PM   #27
ledzeppelin240
Zilvia Addict

ledzeppelin240 is a well-known jackass
Quote:
When I turn on my map lights my seatbelt lights turn on. Also when my auto seatbelt opens my clock turns of and only turns on when its closed.
This same thing happen to my car. It was a short just behind the radio in the wiring harness there. What happens is when you turn on the map light it is allowing the seat belt light to ground therefore tuning it on and so on with the other problems...
Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.

Looking for: JDM S13 OEM Sideskirts
ledzeppelin240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:30 PM   #28
juice.def
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juice.def is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
if i situp in my seat or move quickly my stereo will cut out its pretty wack because i cant get hyphy while drivin haha.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:32 PM   #29
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
my car doesnt start. =[

AT ALL.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:57 PM   #30
skylinekin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
skylinekin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
my headlights wont go down, and my seatbelt light always stays on and when I drive it flickers on and off, my cluster clock doesnt work, my third brake light doesnt work.
skylinekin is offline   Reply With Quote