Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-09-2019, 03:37 PM   #91
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is one of the builds i am excited for!! Curious to see how the RHD swap goes! There's a guy out my way that converted his (Look up "Glowshift") s14 back to LHD. The car is LS swapped. i think there was clearance issues of some sort if i remember correct, that was in 2015/16

Last edited by Super_OK_S13; 11-10-2019 at 05:49 AM..
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2019, 11:12 PM   #92
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
-kenny- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Great build
-kenny- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:34 AM   #93
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1421 View Post
This car is going to be one hella nice when its done!
Thanks to you bro!
Old 11-10-2019, 11:38 AM   #94
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_OK_S13 View Post
This is one of the builds i am excited for!! Curious to see how the RHD swap goes! There's a guy out my way that converted his (Look up "Glowshift") s14 back to LHD. The car is LS swapped. i think there was clearance issues of some sort if i remember correct, that was in 2015/16
Thanks man, yours is coming along so nicely I gotta keep up with the bar! I have seen that one before, it’s nuts. There’s a lot of stuff that is more kind to the LHD platform on the LS but nothing out of reach. I’ll be using Sikky RHD headers that just came out so excited about that, in combination with a MSD shorty starter. I’ll have more updates real soon, just purchased materials to get the ball rolling body wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post
Great build
Thanks man, appreciate the kind words.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:09 AM   #95
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
k00laid83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Have you done the RHD wiring yet? I pm'd you on what I did for turn signal wiring when I converted my s13 like 10 years ago. It's super easy and there's no need to extend any turn signal plug wiring.

Facebook or Instagram:@tightfitfab
Email: [email protected]
Check Us Out At: www.tightfitfab.com
k00laid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:08 AM   #96
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k00laid83 View Post
Have you done the RHD wiring yet? I pm'd you on what I did for turn signal wiring when I converted my s13 like 10 years ago. It's super easy and there's no need to extend any turn signal plug wiring.
Raul,

Thanks for the assistance so far, will be using this in the very near future.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:23 AM   #97
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 11/17/19

Lots of progress to show on this turd finally.

Full deconstruction mode started...

Alas...the car is finally on its way to my boy JP for the goods to start happening.

Hes already started getting some of the body parts cleaned up...

While the 240 is with JP, the Altezza will be getting some much overdue love. Maybe ill toss a photo of it every now and then in here. Just got these Ganadors wrapped to match. Maybe its cliche but I just love the way Ganadors look over any other aftermarket mirrors.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:10 AM   #98
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
GANADOR FOREVER!

Excited for the progress dude! It's going to be gooood.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #99
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 11/25/19

Glass is out...finally time for the fun! Cant wait to show you guys more!

Also got the Altezza V2 look done, saucy.

Old 11-25-2019, 03:00 PM   #100
srh666
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
srh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you like advan ver.2 wheels?
srh666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 03:21 PM   #101
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh666 View Post
you like advan ver.2 wheels?
Depends, on the 3 spoke I prefer forged 1 piece over the 2/3 piece. The S14 will be getting some new johnnies very soon! More to come on those, keeping it quiet for now.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:50 PM   #102
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 11/30/19

RHD firewall trimmed to whats needed. More updates from my boy JP at J&V Auto body here in socal! Cant wait to get started on this thing!

Getting sooooo good.

Altezza update....

Got the 165mm pulley..shooting for 200hp haha.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:36 AM   #103
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
welp, thats the point of no return cut right there! gonna be awesome when finished for sure! i'm sure you have plans to re-paint the bay, but what about the the body, even though "its not a show car"? haha.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:32 AM   #104
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_OK_S13 View Post
welp, thats the point of no return cut right there! gonna be awesome when finished for sure! i'm sure you have plans to re-paint the bay, but what about the the body, even though "its not a show car"? haha.
Lol yea man! When I saw it a tear shed honestly lol. The “relax, irs not a show car” simply implied I have plans to drive it. I am not cutting corners but I wanna enjoy the car and not solely for shows. It’s getting the S15 front face lift, tons of JDM S14 interior goodies like full green light package, S14 HUD, and other stuff. Full engine bay paint, interior paint, outer paint with new moldings and what have you. Oh and finish supercharging the LS. Going RHD brings some adversities to the LS platform.

However...thank you Black Friday, full Sikky kit will be here this week!
Old 12-02-2019, 07:04 AM   #105
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Howre you sourcing the door mouldings and other mouldings for the S14?
Old 12-02-2019, 07:36 AM   #106
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Howre you sourcing the door mouldings and other mouldings for the S14?
Nissanparts on Instagram has most of the moldings. They go in/out of stock a lot, I purchased a while back and have been stock piling knowing I’ll need it later.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:55 PM   #107
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 12/8/19

Removed the sound deadening with dry ice yesterday.

Car is getting inside and bay sanded down for paint and the new sheet metal.

Test fitting the new OEM S15 core support.

Last edited by afishysilvia; 12-31-2019 at 04:49 PM..
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:13 PM   #108
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

pm'd about the bracket!! still excited to see this come to life!!
Old 12-30-2019, 12:46 PM   #109
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 12/30/19

So much good stuff so far, firewall is tack welded in just touching up final fitment.

Same for core support and hood fitment. I was not aware the differences in the S15 and S14 hood hinges, I tried to space it up but decided to buy the correct hinges so now I have to wait. For now heres some more fun stuff...

Also some fun with the Altezza, hit a local cars and kegs event at a brewery in Anaheim.

Gonna slap this new one on and then a retune!

Stay tuned.
Old 12-30-2019, 01:42 PM   #110
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Stop teasing lol
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:47 PM   #111
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 12/31/19

Hope everyones New Year's is kicking off strong. Heres the pick up today, thank you Crimson.

2020 coming up strong.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:48 PM   #112
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Update 12/31/19
2020 coming up strong.
[emoji54]Hell yeah. Dope wheels. 17/18 stagger gonna be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:18 AM   #113
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
[emoji54]Hell yeah. Dope wheels. 17/18 stagger gonna be Interesting.
Yea man should fit perfect, I’m staying 100% oem body parts with factory metals.

No aftermarket aero here, just not my style in these cars.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:16 PM   #114
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 1/4/2020

Happy New Years Everyone!

The car is finally back home!!!!!! So awesome to see the RHD firewall completed and the S15 core support. My buddy JP at J&V Auto Body absolutely killed it! I couldn't be happier with it and it's not even painted yet.

Now it's time to install the motor on the Sikky mounts, put the super charger on and the other random odds and bits to get it ready for the fab work. Still waiting on some parts to arrive from New Zealand and Russia for the remainder of sheet metal pieces.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:59 AM   #115
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 1/8/20

Nothing new on the chassis yet, however parts to make this as clean and oem as possible keep showing up.

The Altezza has been keeping me busy, the new S/C setup was engineered for a VW bug so the alignment of the belts is off. Have to modify the custom hub.

Cut the outer housing off the snout for the S/C since now going to a fixed pulley setup. Waiting for my machinist to give me back the hub that will be moved inward.

Old 01-08-2020, 12:17 PM   #116
Lavish

Lavish is a well-known jackass
This going to be a s14.5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:37 PM   #117
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavish View Post
This going to be a s14.5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, but full metal conversion. The thought of fiberglass makes me itch...
Old 01-16-2020, 04:26 PM   #118
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 1/16/20

Received the last pieces of the RHD metal that I needed to make this as OEM as possible. My buddy from NZ mailed me the RHD dash bar and RHD E-brake lever mount for the trans tunnel.

Drilled the spot welds out of the bracket and removed the bracket from the cut section he mailed me. Also sanded down the dash bar as it was rusty probably from its time in a junkyard. Primed it with rust protector and then some black paint. Should have some progress on this thing over the weekend.

Altezza Update (if anyone is even following this part haha)

Got the new S/C on the car, took some modifications of the pulley for belt alignment but its working great. Dyno is this weekend, I also decided to replace all the ignition coils with OEM goodness. Installed an IS300 Koyo radiator in with no issues, just some new holes on the radiator mounting straps up top. Aiming for over 200BHP.

Old 01-30-2020, 08:21 AM   #119
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 1/29/20

Got the RHD dash bar painted finally and was able to test fit.

OEM RHD E-Brake bracket

New S15 bumper retainer going to use along with my SF bash bar to make the retainer still functional.

Test fitted the Chasebay tucked rad, going to wait till motor is in on the Sikky mounts before I cut to ensure I know how far in is needed.

Slapped on the new Quiktime Bellhousing to make those clutch changes far easier.

Unfortunately this is how the car sits currently, plan to get back on it very soon.

New steps are:
-Motor/trans mated just for mockup and then installed into chassis.
-Install intercooler
-Install Supercharger

Then off to fab work for piping and other odd bits and ends.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:06 PM   #120
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 2/5/20

So back to the "cheapest swap to do"

Cut the core support to make it removable for future use, will be using rivnuts and welding some tabs on the cut portion to make sure I can secure it down correctly.

Money Shot

Gotta finish the bag install on the Altezza, then I am going to drop the Sikky oil pan on and mount it in the car for fab work. Should be in for paint very soon!