Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 11:22 PM   #1
blackhawk8259

Trader Rating: (1)
blackhawk8259 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
s13 Rb vs Sr HELP!

Ok i have a few questions for who ever knows enough about rb swaps vs sr swap.

Ok heres the deal. I am going to do a swap into my 1991 nissan 240sx for a grad project at my high school. I want to know what is better and not just what you like best please back it up why. heres some guestion.
1. Sr or Rb?
2. Which is cheaper to install?
3. Which is easier to installl?
4. How much to install either?
5. Cost of parts?
6. which i could make the most hp for a low budget?

Thanks so much cuz i really need to get started on this project. It means alot.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2008, 11:33 PM   #2
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews

bobopobobob
Old 08-24-2008, 03:47 AM   #3
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
If you are being cheap do not look into the RB.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:59 AM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Man, why dont you do some research first instead of asking straight out? You can start by reading the RB and SR Faqs, nobody will give you hands out in here. Search and you will learn more than anybody in here can tell you.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 08:13 AM   #5
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
MegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Why not go with a real motor and swap in a El Es Juan?
Old 08-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #6
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Everyone knows the RB26 is the cheapest swap
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Old 08-24-2008, 10:28 AM   #7
1QUICK4
Stop or I'll Shoost

Trader Rating: (0)
1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1QUICK4 Send a message via MSN to 1QUICK4
Maybe you should look into a gallo 12 or a gallo 24 motor for your skyline

Review Thread= http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=201106
Old 08-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #8
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
^^i didnt know pizza places made motors
Old 08-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #9
SleepR 240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
SleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SleepR 240sx Send a message via MSN to SleepR 240sx
Quote:
1. Sr or Rb?
2. Which is cheaper to install?
3. Which is easier to installl?
4. How much to install either?
5. Cost of parts?
6. which i could make the most hp for a low budget?

Thanks so much cuz i really need to get started on this project. It means alot.
Well because you didn't state WHICH rb I'm going to assume it's an rb20 because it's probably all you'd be able to afford.

1. Cheaper-An rb20 motorsets are generally cheaper than an s13 sr is.
2. Install-Both pretty much drop in without much effort. Wiring harness will probably be the most difficult part on either one and you could pay someone to splice a harness up for you
3. Technically speaking if you buy a complete motorset you could just drop it in wire it up, and be good to go. But as with any project such as this I guarantee you something will come up. Plan on extra expenses.
4. Both have some parts that will be expensive. However with the SR you can get most parts off the sr20de's that came in pulsars/se-r's. However RB parts are more specialized and therefore harder to find and often times more expensive.
5. rb20det stock-220hp s13 sr20det stock-205 With small bolt ons you can make a litle more power out of each.

Check out the coolest new thing: toddrickkkkk.blogspot.com
Closed Thread