Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2020, 02:51 AM   #1
LtSlayer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
LtSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR solid lifter conversion questions

First post so take it easy on me

I am planning to go solid lifter conversion as well as dual guide on my s13 sr20det in my s14.5.

My biggest question is what are these modifications that people keep mentioning about the rocker arms needing to be machined for the solid lifters, i understand that the right tip of the arm need to be machined for a guide. I haven't found detailed instructions, if they're already going to be machined for the dual guide I can have them modified for solid lifters if need be.

My next question regards the springs and retainers. many threads run BC Ti retainers and springs including the NICO 9,000+ rpm thread but I believe codyace called them junk or garbage when he brought up JWT s3 cams, (I'm likely running tomei 260/260 solid type). I've also seen posts saying that BC retainers are harder than Tomei and others lending itself to longevity.

What makes other retainers like tomei so good that the retainers alone (389.95) cost almost double what the 90LB springs and Ti retainers from BC cost combined (255.96)?

Do oversized +1mm valves really have that much of an impact? wouldn't mind a lopey idle and I'd appreciate the top end.

At the end of the day I want a high revving reliable ~350WHP sr. I have have good compression but plan to go forged internals with ER spec package from enjuku as well as go full standalone. I should be running a t28 but Im not sure whether I'm going top feed or side feed.

Can this make 350 wheel reliably?
open to turbo suggestions, thinking garret gt2871r
MAP conversion
Tomei solid lifters and shims
260/260 solid type cams
CP Carrillo Forged Pistons
Eagle Specialty Products H-beam Connecting Rods
Clevite Bearings
3" straight pipe
megan racing elbow
Stand alone
740cc injectors top or side feed
255 lph pump
blitz 3" intake with apexi intake/initial piping
mishimoto intercooler
possible oversized valves
ARP head studs
koyorad radiator
wiring specialties pro harness
Haltech pro
stock intake manifold, would i need to go topmount for this power goal or is bottom mount fine?

Thank you
LtSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links