Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
mastaflash05
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mastaflash05
SR20 - Rocker arm to Camshaft Clearance at Rest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have HKS solid lifters with my setup, and i need to go about leveling the rocker arms, and shimming the lifters. i understand the process of reshimming the rocker arms so that they set level across the valves, thats no problem.

what i am wondering though, is do i need to adjust the shims inside the solid lifters to adjust the clearance between the camshaft, and the rocker arm? with everything installed as it comes from the box, there seems to be a high clearance, which if im thinking correctly, would reduce actual valve lift.

with HKS solid lifters, are they adjustable for cam to rocker clearance? if it needs shims, are these available anywhere or am i looking at having to make something custom?

i have been running the car like this and havent had any mechanical problems, but my dyno results were lower than expected, and i wonder if this could have something to do with it.