Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
kylec00per
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
kylec00per is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR S14 Sr20det Won't start, two separate problems?

Ok so my SR was running fine one day, then all of the sudden it sputtered out and died. Engine would crank and crank all day but would not kick over. Push started it and it ran, but the boost gauge wasn't reading anything (0 psi) and would stall once you took your foot off the gas, car smoked the whole time as well(car needed a tune prior, so i couldn't tell if the smoke was just the norm or was something else). Well, i got the car home, then went through a few things, compression, spark were fine but i haven't checked the fuel yet. After killing my battery from the countless tries I went and got a fresh new battery so i wouldn't have any problems. Got home and hooked it up, still acting like its dead, the starter clicks once, then nothing. I changed the ground wire (corroded) and it gave it a little more juice, but the engine is now just barely cranking. Anyone have any ideas? Everything else electrical is working fine (turbo timer, dash, gauges, fans etc.) it just will not give a hard enough crank to even try to start. Any ideas? i'm about out of them, i'm gonna get the starter tested to see if that's it? Any help would be appreciated.
kylec00per is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
joe3180
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
joe3180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
check the alt too.
joe3180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
kylec00per
Leaky Injector

Could this also be caused (or the dying out at-least) from regular pump gas? I heard that from one source but not 100% sure if its true. If so, i'm going to get octane booster asap and try that too.

Last edited by kylec00per; 08-22-2013 at 11:09 PM..
Old 08-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
kylec00per
Leaky Injector

Anyone? I've been stumped for 2 weeks, really need the car running before school starts.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Is your fuel pump running? If so do you have fuel pressure? No gauge, go buy a cheap one and hook it inline. Your battery is going to continue to die unless you charge it between times working on the car.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
kylec00per
Leaky Injector

Fuel pump is running, and i dont have a gauge but ill get one soon and see what its reading
Old 08-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #7
maces13
Leaky Injector

maces13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I put a s14 sr in my s13 about two weeks ago. Had the same issues you did. We looked through every possible problem that there could be. It ended up being a wiring issue in the lower harness. Check your grounds, use a solder gun, and triple check that all the plugs are wired right to the ecu. We had to take the lower harness out and check every little thing. It runs beautifully now . I suck at wiring so my friends did it. If u want more and correct info I can have my friend tell you exactly what was wrong..
maces13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:39 AM   #8
maces13
Leaky Injector

maces13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Like a dumbass I didn't read the first part of the post but it should help non the less
maces13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #9
kylec00per
Leaky Injector

Wow i didn't see your post until today, but i guess thats my last and only option. I got the starter tested and it was fine, so ill have to start taking the harness apart :sigh: ill update if that works.