Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-15-2005, 01:00 AM   #1
Prep Guy

Trader Rating: (0)
Prep Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Body Repair cost?

any body repair guys here can tell me how much average this would cost to fix up? its mainly damaged in the passenger side quarter pannel .Would like to get all damage besides bumper fixed w/ out paint. used parts or new, just to get an idea before I buy the car.

http://www.craigslist.com/nby/car/72361206.html
Prep Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2005, 01:14 AM   #2
sblack13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
sblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
that is wayy overpriced. Just wait for a better condition 240, I repaired my 240sx quarter panel. It was a bitch using bondo. That car is defienently not worth the fix.
sblack13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:18 AM   #3
s13gonwild
BANNED

s13gonwild is an unknown quantity at this point
the price is too high for the condition.
s13gonwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:28 AM   #4
Prep Guy

how much would the car be worth? maybe around 3k
Old 05-15-2005, 01:30 AM   #5
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

m0rex is on a distinguished road
I agree find something better. Just wait for the right one. Also double check everything before buying it.

Its really hard to fix quarter panels and to do them right. Or you can go widebody but still that car is crap. For the trunk and everything thats removable, can just be replaced. So lets say you found something with a messed up front end then it would be really easy to fix just swap it out with better stuff. Now if it has frame damage or maybe even the radiator support then i wouldnt buy it.

Check for rust too. This is very important i never thought it was that important until i bought a s14 with rust that looked really clean from the outside. I had to sand what looked like a little bit to find out that it was flakes of rust just sitting on top of each other with paint over them. After 10 min of sanding i had already made 2 wholes the size of footballs under the doors. Then i found out that most of the trunk was rusting. As of today i have been fixing this and its a bitch because i might have to repaint the whole car since the rust went under the paint.
m0rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:34 AM   #6
Prep Guy

maybe its just late that im thinking of buying something like that. ehh... decide in the morning when he comes back with his lowered price.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:23 AM   #7
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
blah car is worth 3k, repair cost will be 3500-4500. also depending on shop hourly rate.... definetly needs a new qp.... if u have a mig welder and some time... then its doable.... spot welds along the panels edge will need to be drilled, dont drill thru all the way, just top panel... i-car splice between back window and rear quarter glass.. a little bondo... and primer some paint and blend the door and bumper... trunk is an easy fix if u can obtain a stud gun and slide hammer... dude forgot to mention the dent on the hood... car has been in a collision before.... you can tell from the rust and the cracked bondo.... make sure suspension isnt bent in the back, and just corrected with just an alignment to be able to drive straight......... if your gonna do it yourself most money spent would be tools and materials and definetly a new qp.....
Old 05-15-2005, 02:34 AM   #8
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

m0rex is on a distinguished road
Whoa... this is a lot for a n00b to handle no disrespect. But if you dont have the tools, time, money, patience or resources you will fail. Just like my girlfriend told me last night... biatch. Anyways find a better s14 or offer him $2000 and just drive it around until the rust eats the whole car.
m0rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:39 PM   #9
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
so it takes a woman to tell u from right and wrong..... save ur money and get a s13........from the money saved u can do upgrades.............
Old 05-15-2005, 07:43 PM   #10
zero.counter
Nissanaholic!

zero.counter is making a name for him/her selfzero.counter is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to zero.counter
Cut out the damage, widebody the car, replace the door, and get a lower offset of rims or spacers and the car is still doable.
zero.counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 04:15 AM   #11
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

doable but isnt reasonable if there is a budget in mind... i would do it, just because i have the experience... but for someone who has never done autobody... they might just be getting in over their head..and just unexpectedly going to lose savings....