Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-13-2021, 02:11 PM   #1
gripster
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
gripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
16+ years and counting. Any other long-time owners here?

I've had this car since 2005, and it's my 3rd 240SX hatch.

After mothballing my 1989 hatch in December 2017 due to rod knock, I decided to do my first full engine rebuild in 2020. It's also my autox car, so it's somewhat set up for the class i participate in.

In the past year:

Head was prepared by Rebello Racing
Custom pistons
New L + R side view mirrors (both have fallen off/broken)
New ignition tumblers (after I got the key unstuck)
New LED headlights (my old eyes can't see very well at night)

Next:

Get HUD gauge cluster fixed (no speedometer, ODO and trip meter works intermittently, light works intermittently at night)
Re-install automatic seatbelts (never should have switched to manual S14 belts)

In far future:

Paint job

I also bought a new 2020 Toyota 86 with the TRD package (brembos, etc.) as a backup car.

Any other long-time 240SX owners/sufferers?

Last edited by gripster; 10-15-2021 at 12:34 AM.. Reason: photos added
gripster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2021, 02:57 PM   #2
peglio

peglio is an unknown quantity at this point
Had my s15 since 2009, had loads of looks over the years. Doing my final version , rebuilding it currently with a sr22vet , vertex edge widebody, tubbed and tubed bay and full resto ground up bare metal job [emoji3166][emoji23] never ending suffering

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
peglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 03:35 PM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
so. . . . whats this thread about???

cuz that second dude needs to start his own build thread. those tubs are AMAZING.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 03:49 PM   #4
peglio

peglio is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
so. . . . whats this thread about???

cuz that second dude needs to start his own build thread. those tubs are AMAZING.

Cheers dude [emoji1377][emoji1308] was an effort making them that nice , all tig welded too .
Will look into a build thread when I get a mo [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
peglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:07 PM   #5
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
16+ years and counting. Any other long-time owners here?

11 years with my hatch. I need to desperately take if off the road and pull EVERYTHING and do a full restoration. This car is staying with me for life, especially the way the market has gone bananas.

crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:59 AM   #6
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Coming up to 15 years with mine.
Never had the intention of selling it from day 1.

Old 10-14-2021, 07:46 AM   #7
Spark

Spark is a glorious beacon of lightSpark is a glorious beacon of lightSpark is a glorious beacon of lightSpark is a glorious beacon of lightSpark is a glorious beacon of lightSpark is a glorious beacon of lightSpark is a glorious beacon of lightSpark is a glorious beacon of lightSpark is a glorious beacon of lightSpark is a glorious beacon of lightSpark is a glorious beacon of light
I have mine for 13 years and it was my first car. Its not so uncommon to have this cars for a long time as i see, just going trough several studies over the years that makes it like another "new" one.

Last edited by Spark; 10-14-2021 at 08:16 AM..
Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 09:28 AM   #8
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Purchased December 21st 2005.
Old 10-14-2021, 12:40 PM   #9
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Had my original S13 for 8 years, have had my Silvia for some time as well. I don't plan to unload that or my Skyline unless the market gets too hot to hold. I have a JZX90 that I've had for a bit too that I'm not sure if I'd sell. That thing will last forever, though.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:47 PM   #10
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
just passed the 11 year mark with my current hatch. well over $40k into her (she just looks like hell due to fitting parts for my product line). will get her body work and paint done one day when all of my S13 parts are done... she will be going SilEighty sometime next year so i can work on the S13 Silvia front bumpers i plan on offering.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 12:37 AM   #11
gripster
Leaky Injector

gripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the roughgripster is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by peglio View Post
Had my s15 since 2009, had loads of looks over the years. Doing my final version , rebuilding it currently with a sr22vet , vertex edge widebody, tubbed and tubed bay and full resto ground up bare metal job [emoji3166][emoji23] never ending suffering
Looks great! I agree, deserves it's own thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
11 years with my hatch. I need to desperately take if off the road and pull EVERYTHING and do a full restoration. This car is staying with me for life, especially the way the market has gone bananas.
I need to do this too. I took my old 74 Celica down to a rolling shell and then built back up. It's a lot of work but worth it in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
Coming up to 15 years with mine.
Never had the intention of selling it from day 1.
I have to be honest, i've played with the idea of selling mine. But now that it's back up and running/driving, it's my daily even tho i have that new 2020 86 TRD that barely gets driven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
I have mine for 13 years and it was my first car. Its not so uncommon to have this cars for a long time as i see, just going trough several studies over the years that makes it like another "new" one.
Its either you get it or you don't. Long time owners get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Purchased December 21st 2005.
almost 16 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Had my original S13 for 8 years, have had my Silvia for some time as well. I don't plan to unload that or my Skyline unless the market gets too hot to hold. I have a JZX90 that I've had for a bit too that I'm not sure if I'd sell. That thing will last forever, though.
Sounds like a nice collection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
just passed the 11 year mark with my current hatch. well over $40k into her (she just looks like hell due to fitting parts for my product line). will get her body work and paint done one day when all of my S13 parts are done... she will be going SilEighty sometime next year so i can work on the S13 Silvia front bumpers i plan on offering.
Dude! The only other set of wheels I'd get for my 240SX! Love it!
Old 10-15-2021, 08:09 AM   #12
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Had mine since June '04, haven't driven since 2015 iirc- might be late 2014. The cage made it track-only.

Otherwise, keeping an eye out for a clean hatch shell to do a street/drift build on. Or a clean coupe shell to do a street build on.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:14 AM   #13
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
I've had mine for 11 years now.

The day I bought it,

I brought it back from the dead.

Currently in the ugly stage of an overhaul to a more track inspired look.

Old 10-15-2021, 12:56 PM   #14
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
2008, still have it and drive it around.

instagram.com/om1kron_
Old 10-15-2021, 05:47 PM   #15
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
bought a s13 in 2000 sold it and bought an s14 in 2004, still have it. Still drive it a decent amount when its not broken or inclement weather.

there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:45 PM   #16
turbobrick
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
turbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm close to 16 years. Bought my S13 in Feb 2006, and it was a huge piece of junk. Now its a slightly nicer piece of junk.

when I bought it

older picture, but I kept it like this

Unfortunately the paint has been completely ruined due to parking outside in the Arizona sun. Also its been sitting for a few years as I lazily build an SR20DET for it.

Now that the weather is getting cooler, I plan on working on it and get it back on the road.
turbobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:47 PM   #17
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobrick View Post
older picture, but I kept it like this
custom 4 lug SSRs?

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:13 PM   #18
DLo Eric
Zilvia Member

DLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Red as it currently sits. I've had this S13 since 2002, been through a couple different styles through the years though. It's definitely seen more garage time in the past 15 years.
DLo Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 12:26 AM   #19
turbobrick
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
turbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
custom 4 lug SSRs?

Yeah, bought them new through some vendor on here back in like 2009, they're vf1-r in 17x9.5 +5. If I took the money I've spent on wheels and put it in my engine, my car would actually be fast.

I never felt the need to do a 5 lug conversion, plus I like running 15 and 16 inch wheels at the track, and 4 lug has better wheel options.
turbobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 11:55 AM   #20
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Will be nine years next month. Should probably update build thread and get a an actual camera once I finish exterior refresh.

Old 10-16-2021, 08:44 PM   #21
Zenki_Kouki.5
Zilvia Member

Zenki_Kouki.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
My first car was this pos 92 S13 Coupe back in 2008 sold it in 2010

Got this s14 in 2013

It went through a lot of phases.

A couple of KA-T's, an RB25 and a rhd conversion with s15 dash.

Crashed it in 2019 so I ended up buying an s13 hatch and did a kouki aero upgrade and an sr20.

Now I'm building an s13.5
Put a 1uz in it in, but got bored. Swapped it out for an S14 kouki sr, but I ended up putting that in my gray hatch. Now it has a redtop sr20, gtx2871r , injectors and a MSPNP2.
Zenki_Kouki.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 10:40 PM   #22
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
2002 and still have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2021, 05:22 AM   #23
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
picked up my 90 hatch in 96. restored and havent driven since 05, its been in cryo-freeze

my customer bought his 95 new, still daily drives it

forums? been around since the old 240sx mailing list. then fresh alloy, zilvia. time flies when you're havin fun
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 07:37 AM   #24
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I have had my 98 5spd since 2004

Old 10-31-2021, 11:18 AM   #25
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Ive had this specific chassis since 2013 but the previous chassis I had since 2004.

IMAG1868_zpstvyl3xgk by Jaime Vargas, on Flickr

1382666261157 by Jaime Vargas, on Flickr
Old 10-31-2021, 06:29 PM   #26
Knownworldwide

Knownworldwide is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had my 240sx coupe since 2004. Bought it completely stock.
Knownworldwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 02:45 PM   #27
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Lurking for a while sold my LS swapped S14 5 years ago, might get a another s-chasis if there is a nice example at reasonable price.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:02 PM   #28
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
I love this thread! 14 years for me and the old gal (97 Slicktop SE)
Old 11-02-2021, 08:17 PM   #29
zenki_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

zenki_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to zenki_240sx
I had my S14 since 2005. She is a garage queen now. This will be my B-Day gift to my son when her turns 16. Hopefully he will take care of it the way I did.
zenki_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 07:05 AM   #30
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki_240sx View Post
I had my S14 since 2005. She is a garage queen now. This will be my B-Day gift to my son when her turns 16. Hopefully he will take care of it the way I did.
Did you take care of your first car at the age of 16 - a car that is arguably something other kids will egg your kid on to race? Keep it in the garage, get the kid a B13 Spec-V or something.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote