Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-25-2008, 08:33 AM   #181
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
'Bout time the s chassis bitches steped up on the tire sizes. I swear it was only 6 months ago everyone was pointing, lauging, and calling names when i mentioned anything above a 245 width tire. (well, except acinhole and maybe 2 others).
No, people were laughing at you because you were doing so with a 27in+ rolling diameter.

245 isn't wide.

That black Kouki with the TEs is pretty slick
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #182
wayneside
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
wayneside is on the path to ruinwayneside is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
YOUR CHASSIS: s14

WHEELS:
JLine 6RL3 19x9.5 / 19x10.5

TIRES:
Dunlop Direzza DZ 101 245/35/19 / 275/30/19

MISC DETAILS: sr20det w/minor upgrades

PURPOSE OF CAR: street/daily driver

PICTURES:

Got new wheels with the same sizes - gunmetal Volk Racing GT-V's. Post pics of that set up later.
wayneside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:26 AM   #183
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^ That's not really that "maximum"....
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:38 AM   #184
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Thank you my friend! I will be running 275/40/17 NT01's on my zigen's for sure now, although I need more power to push those giant fucking tires.
Sorry, I missed your comment... I was wanting NT01's, but couldn't pass on the wheels/tires when I saw them posted on FA.com a while back.

My last update for pictures. I used the Eastwood roller just to see how much I could pull the fronts without ruining the fenders, it wasn't much but I think this will do for now. This is a 275 RA-1 on 17x9 +35 5zigens with no spacers...

McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #185
wayneside
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
^ That's not really that "maximum"....
i didnt see anyone put 19's...sorry its not too crazy!
Old 02-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #186
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants View Post
No, people were laughing at you because you were doing so with a 27in+ rolling diameter.

245 isn't wide.

That black Kouki with the TEs is pretty slick

Lol. Although you have good memory, that ISN'T what i was talking about at all(i may have deserved it THAT time). I was refereing to other posts in which people said my 255/35/18 and 275/35/18 is overkill, unnecessary, stupid, and only hides bad driving Or the many posts that said "dude, 225/235 stagger is plenty wide for any s14", along with the multiple "Your ka will never spin those, why use them?".
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #187
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Havent posted in this thread in a while

Here you go

Old 02-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #188
wayneside
Zilvia Member

holy shiet...thats madNISS!
Old 02-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #189
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
frickin wow x2 lol +1 rep maan... keep the thread alliiive hottt
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #190
240 OR DIE
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
240 OR DIE is making his/her stupidity well-known240 OR DIE is making his/her stupidity well-known240 OR DIE is making his/her stupidity well-known240 OR DIE is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
YOUR CHASSIS: s14

WHEELS: fn's 17x9 +15 fr/ 17x10 +25 rear

TIRES: 255/40-17 kumho victoracers front/ 275/40-17 hoosier r6

MISC DETAILS: ka-t... I say around 280 hp @ 10psi on gt32. Also I had to bend the inner lip in the front, and a slight pull in the rear. Im running around -3.5* of camber up front, and about -2.8* in the rear. With a 5mm spacer up front I can run the 17x10s and a 275 all around, I think this will be my next step.....+ sways Im still rockin stocks

PURPOSE OF CAR: street/autox/ some track

PICTURES:

Old 02-26-2008, 10:25 PM   #191
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
[quote=240 OR DIE;1860852

. Im running around -3.5* of camber up front, and about -2.8* in the rear. With a 5mm spacer up front I can run the 17x10s and a 275 all around, I think this will be my next step.....+ sways Im still rockin stocks

[/quote]

Dont you think your camber is a little excessive? Maybe your tires are just stickier than mine, but with track driving(at the limit) i get fairly even wear with camber nearly a full degree less in front and back. Hows your wear?
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:59 AM   #192
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
it depends what your goals are, low wear or high cornering grip. since he's running r compound race tires, i'd say the latter.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #193
240 OR DIE
Zilvia Member

240 OR DIE is making his/her stupidity well-known240 OR DIE is making his/her stupidity well-known240 OR DIE is making his/her stupidity well-known240 OR DIE is making his/her stupidity well-known
I get great grip in a straightline right now, and its fantastic in a corner, what I need to work on is wieght transfer. I think some sways and stiffen her up a tad more and shell be even faster. And the car absolutley loves a ton of camber up front, turn in is great....I jsut need some new tires , mine are corded
Old 02-27-2008, 11:43 AM   #194
240 OR DIE
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Dont you think your camber is a little excessive? Maybe your tires are just stickier than mine, but with track driving(at the limit) i get fairly even wear with camber nearly a full degree less in front and back. Hows your wear?

Also camber doesnt cause tire wear, toe does.....at least thats what my buddy who has worked a tire shop forever tells me
Old 02-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #195
spool_sample
Zilvia Member

spool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Dont you think your camber is a little excessive?
Race tires like camber, especially in tight auto-x situations, so -3.5 in the front sounds right.

Last edited by spool_sample; 02-27-2008 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: I'm retarded.
spool_sample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #196
LS240
Zilvia Member

LS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
Thanks for keeping my thread alive... I want a revolution Well in the start I got neg reps for this thread and the precursor to this thread lmao but the first thread i sooort of deserved it as i showed skimpy hoe stretched tires that look ugly vs j-rho/ace in the hole/other's wide rubber setups and the skimpy hoe stretch tire crew got mad hehe it became a shitfest... none the less i think its still ugly, useless and waste the skimpy hoe stretch tire threads... its just AARGH... so wrong... ah well to each his own. That's why we have this thread and the stretch crew has theirs hehe.
Haha QFT! Just check my sig. I absolutely detest stretching.

Anyways...Not sure if this would be the best place to ask as this thread was intended for people that actually have wide-tire 240s, but...

I may be absolutely insane for even thinking this, but with proper offset and spacing to maximize backspace clearance(with coilovers, most likely Tein), what would I have to do to fit 335s in the rear and maybe 265-275s up front on an S14? Despite the fact that one car in this thread is running 305s on stock fender with apparently no rubbing, I highly doubt that I could fit something that big with just a pull. So I'm thinking overfenders. Am I gonna need 30mm, 50mm, or possibly even 70mm? The thing is I want to keep stock Kouki front bumper and go with stock JDM sideskirts and rear bumper, so I want an overfender+bolt-on front combo that will allow that extra width without the need for full aero.

Is this possible, or am I just for thinking of trying something that big?
LS240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #197
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
^ Follow the path of gsracer?
Old 02-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #198
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
well 275 up front is no issue what so ever on an s14, easy peasy, however the rear well.. if he fit 305s in the rear and had stock fenders... i guess to fit 335s you would need say... 30mm fenders? lol get it haha? 335-305 = 30mm lol
Old 02-27-2008, 06:10 PM   #199
Flybert
Post Whore!

Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
well 275 up front is no issue what so ever on an s14, easy peasy, however the rear well.. if he fit 305s in the rear and had stock fenders... i guess to fit 335s you would need say... 30mm fenders? lol get it haha? 335-305 = 30mm lol
Except half that width is on the inside so you'd be wrong. It would be 15mm fenders.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:17 PM   #200
a_ahmed
BANNED

LOL! That's true, got me there haha... i just came home. well technically if the inside was the same (lower offset wheel) then the outside could be made 30mm wider :P
Old 02-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #201
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert View Post
Except half that width is on the inside so you'd be wrong. It would be 15mm fenders.
He probably had no space on the inside to fit 305 on stock fenders.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #202
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
Hey, so I plan on doing a little bit of everything, I have

Fronts
17x9.5 +15
30mm Wide front fenders
Tein Tie Rod spacers

Can I fit a 255/40/17 RT615 Azenis at full lock without frame rail rubbing? I'm already tubbed and hammered, the frame rail/tension rod is the only questionable parts. The tein tie rod spacers add quite a bit of angle.

I'll be using a 275/40/17 Azenis on the rear as well.

-Jackson.Vaughn.Photography-
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #203
SoSideways
Post Whore!

If it touches, then perhaps just run a spacer or lower offset wheels?
Old 02-27-2008, 07:10 PM   #204
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Guys these are my specs on a stock body with just pulls no body work at all ever performed

Front
18 by 10 + 18

I have ran 265/35/18 and 275/35/18 . Had to hammer the fronts tubs in so they wouldnt rub against the frame, plus i had to pull the front fenders about 10mm. I did one good and the other i messed up cause i was in a hurry. i can go lock to lock even with tein tie rod extenders .

Here you can see the one i messed up

Rears 18 by 11 + 18

Pulled about 30 + mm in total on stock quarters with no paint work.

I ran 285's for a while, the put 295s on and they rubbed so pulled some more then i was able to fit 315 azenis.

Here you can see the 295s rubbing before i pulled some more

After i pulled they didnt rub any more

Heres 315's on the stock body would rub from time to time which is ultimatly why i went wide body. plus they stuck out so much it was looking border line rediculous

295 vs 315 12.4 inch sectional width

Front coilover clearance on tein coils 18by 10 +18 with 265 tire . Rear coilover clearance is about an inch. no pic unfortunatly of the rear.

Heres some other fitmets

Rear i forged

20 by 11 +20 305/25/20

Front te37 19 by 10.5 + 12 285/30/19

I got tons more of pics of all kinds of crazy wheels and tires but i think that gives everyone a good idea of what can and cant be fit. Enjoy

Old 02-27-2008, 08:41 PM   #205
LS240
Zilvia Member

LS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert View Post
Well actually assuming both setups maximizing backspace, the difference would be +30 on the outside.

Thanks for the help, especially you gsracer. Those pics give me a pretty good idea. Few questions though: Do you have any rubbing problems with the 285 tires in front? Also, I'm sure tires that wide in front have to increase the scrub radius, does that produce a noticeable increase in steering kickback or effort or any other negative handling effects?

Thanks.
-Layne
Old 02-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #206
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Yea the 285s would have rubbed quite a bit especially in the 19 inch size, forgot to mention that. Not practical at all. 265 in an azenis type tire is all the size an s chassis needs. Steering is definitly heavy and required a cooler to avoid boiling over.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:09 PM   #207
LS240
Zilvia Member

Noted, don't go past 265 front. I kinda figured the 285s wouldn't work. By the pictures it just didn't look right.

The only reason I wanna go with such wide tires in the first place is to put the power down effectively. As you might be able to tell from my screen name I'm doing an LS1 swap. At first it'll be pretty much stock, with just exhaust and intake, then I'll go with heads, cams and intake manifold, then eventually turbocharged, so obviously I'm gonna need some rubber to put down all that power and torque. I know I don't need 335s, but the bigger the better.

If something's worth doing, it's worth going overboard haha.

Thanks for all the help.
-Layne
Old 02-27-2008, 11:49 PM   #208
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I don't think any body will mind if you post more border line ridiculous pics gsracer.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:05 AM   #209
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
Front coilover clearance on tein coils 18by 10 +18 with 265 tire . Rear coilover clearance is about an inch. no pic unfortunatly of the rear.
nice, we need more pictures like this

looks like 17x9.5 +18 with 275's should be okay

Which tein coilovers are these?
Old 02-28-2008, 04:47 AM   #210
a_ahmed
BANNED

aceinthehole runs 285/30/18 up front its actually a shorter tire than a 275/40/17 (actually by alot) and a 275/40/17 can be fitted on an s14 front easily