Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-17-2005, 11:18 AM   #1
[email protected]
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
kuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
11.3 @ 118mph, 1.46 60ft in my daily driver Z :)

Sadly it wasn't me driving since I am honestly not a very good driver (my best was a 1.8 60ft, 11.7@120):

Car was piloted by Sean Farrah (friend/customer), who also set the record for a N/A 350Z (12.98 @ 106, 1.69 60ft) last year.

Link to more info and videos

The 60ft is just badass since this was not setup to be a drag car, it was running too much camber, fairly stiff setting on the SPL/KTS coilovers, and still had mushy bushings in the back. BTW, just 1-2 weeks earlier I drove from Austin,TX to Oklahoma and back to attend a 2 day DE event at Hallett, in 2 weeks I am attending another 2 day DE event at TWS, and I'm still driving the car to work everyday After TWS I'll head back to SAR and see what it'll do with a little more boost and some SPL multilink and solid bushings...

Now I just need to get started building my real race car (S13)
kuah@splparts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2005, 11:23 AM   #2
wootwoot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
I just want to know what this thing does on street boost. Also, WOW! He is a good frickin driver, reaction time and his 60 foot are amazing. So thats what happens with 2 gt28r's
Old 05-17-2005, 11:25 AM   #3
nlzmo400r
Zilvia FREAK!

nlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to nlzmo400r
wow, that 60ft was Infuggincredible. Good runs, and must be DAMN cool to have a daily driver that quick too!

[email protected] - gt32 .6bar
nlzmo400r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:26 AM   #4
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
That reaction time was a redlight though, no less an impressive run even with it... I am impressed. Any dyno numbers?

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:46 AM   #5
[email protected]
Zilvia.net Advertiser

kuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Last dyno at 15 PSI was 350whp on a Mustang (load) dyno :/

I have heard of a Supra dyno ~750whp on a Dynojet and later dynoing ~480whp on that same Mustang dyno... the problem with Dynojets is the low load so you can put in quite a bit more timing, but then the car would knock on the street, so the number is not really realistic.

BTW, at 15PSI the car trapped 115mph, which is typically more than 350whp on a Z32...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
That reaction time was a redlight though, no less an impressive run even with it... I am impressed. Any dyno numbers?
Old 05-17-2005, 11:52 AM   #6
[email protected]
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
I just want to know what this thing does on street boost. Also, WOW! He is a good frickin driver, reaction time and his 60 foot are amazing. So thats what happens with 2 gt28r's
Yeah he is real good at launching which is why I let him drive, but we were not expecting that 60ft! He just needs to shift a little faster and more at redline (my tach was off and by habit he was watching that instead of my shift light/Defi HUD), it should have trapped a little higher
Old 05-17-2005, 04:56 PM   #7
publicenemy137
Zilvia Junkie

publicenemy137 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to publicenemy137
damn, he has crazy reaction time. Faster than a computer switch

CLICK HERE TO SEE MY CARDOMAIN!

help me decide my next set of rims
publicenemy137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:30 PM   #8
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
hehe he redlighted didnt he?

12.3=pwnage for most cars on the street...congratulations! lol

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:40 PM   #9
DMC
Zilvia Addict

DMC is an unknown quantity at this point
no matter what if you leave on a red light isnt your reaction time .0001? Looks to me like he sucks at launching, anyone can jump the gun and "lose" to a slower car.
DMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:56 PM   #10
eeterp
Leaky Injector

eeterp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC
no matter what if you leave on a red light isnt your reaction time .0001? Looks to me like he sucks at launching, anyone can jump the gun and "lose" to a slower car.
no, my buddy red lighted last friday and his reaction time was -0.043. I hope you're joking about the "sucks at launching" comment. Reaction time has nothing to do with 60' or ET.

Congrats on the time slip. 118mph with "only" 350hp in a heavy-ish car is pretty impressive.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:01 PM   #11
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Yeah I dont think he was really racing the car next to him....... But why would a .0001 be a redlight?? I diddnt catch that until someone pointed it out. Hmph
Old 05-17-2005, 10:09 PM   #12
DMC
Zilvia Addict

the sucks at launching comment was not a joke, the man launched too early. How is launching too early better then launching .28 seconds after the green. I never said Reaction time had to do with 60ft or et
Old 05-18-2005, 04:29 AM   #13
Blues13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Blues13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC
the sucks at launching comment was not a joke, the man launched too early. How is launching too early better then launching .28 seconds after the green. I never said Reaction time had to do with 60ft or et
Point is, HE WASN'T RACING THE CAR NEXT TO HIM. Obviously the other car had no chance so redlighting doesnt mean jack. It was about a good ET and 60ft time which he delivered because of a good launch.
Blues13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:46 AM   #14
DMC
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Point is, HE WASN'T RACING THE CAR NEXT TO HIM. Obviously the other car had no chance so redlighting doesnt mean jack. It was about a good ET and 60ft time which he delivered because of a good launch.
Don't get your panties in a twist. Im not trying to joke on the guy, Im sure he can drive better than me. All i am saying is I do not understand why people are saying he has awesome reaction time when his launch was too early. And The comment about him losing to the guy next to him was only because it says "Winner" under his opponent.

But you are right i said he sucks at launching, when in reality i meant he sucks at timing his launch.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:03 AM   #15
[email protected]
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC
Don't get your panties in a twist. Im not trying to joke on the guy, Im sure he can drive better than me. All i am saying is I do not understand why people are saying he has awesome reaction time when his launch was too early. And The comment about him losing to the guy next to him was only because it says "Winner" under his opponent.
On some tracks a perfect reaction time is 0s, but on this track it is 0.5s, which is when the green light comes on after the first yellow. So it was a red light here, but some guys may be used to seeing 0 as a perfect reaction time...

BTW, the guy in the other lane redlighted too
Old 05-18-2005, 09:06 AM   #16
90RS13
Zilvia Junkie

90RS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
most tracks perfect is .4 or .5 and for almost all proffessional series' it's .4. It's set up that way because around .4-.5 is the quickest a human can actually "react" to the lights. If you get a .001 or something really low like that, it's obvious you just have good light timing. I mean, really, even getting a .4 is just good light timing but they had to set the marker somewhere.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:41 AM   #17
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
anything quicker than .25 second is timing not reaction time. it takes a quarter second for your brain to process what you see...
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:04 PM   #18
90RS13
Zilvia Junkie

90RS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
that's what I was trying to say, I just suck at talking...
Old 05-18-2005, 09:44 PM   #19
wootwoot
Post Whore!

oh ok, I thought almost all tracks had adapted the whole 0 thing by now, my bad. It really isnt ever a strict reaction time if it is a good launch though... If its good, its anticipation and reaction to the lights so yep. So that doesnt count as "reaction time" though?....
Old 05-18-2005, 10:32 PM   #20
klattr1
Leaky Injector

klattr1 is on a distinguished road
definitely more than 350 rwhp. especially for a heavy ass Z. lol

i tested my KA-T on a mustang dyno and dynojet within a week of eachother with same mods, fuel, timing, boost, etc and had 7% larger numbers at dynojet.

how bout you take it to a Dynojet to see.
klattr1 is offline   Reply With Quote