Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-01-2016, 05:45 PM   #1
soates4

Trader Rating: (0)
soates4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
brake issues.

Okay i dont get it. so i put in an inline hydro a few months back (yeah i know stock cable brake ebrake is way better.... but i got the car as a stripped shell and it never had a cable ebrake so why put one in.) so originally i had stock rear s13 shit brakes in the back. The hydro was plumbed and brakes worked great, today i upgraded to z32 rear brakes. i bled the system by the pbm write up to a tee. push brake in, pull hydro, open bleeder, release hydro, let off the brake.......
With the car off every thing feels great, brakes hold pressure, and never bleed down no matter how hard i stand on them, but as soon as i start the car and start going down the road the brakes sink to the floor, and the hydro doesnt work. there is no air in the system, bled it about 7 times with the same issues. everytime i pulled it back into the driveway to bleed again no air would come out. but when i shut the car off the hydro would keep pressure after pumping it back up and so would the brakes. anyone have any ideas? it feels like a bad master because i can pump it back up while driving.
soates4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2016, 06:24 PM   #2
soates4

Trader Rating: (0)
soates4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
brake issues.

Okay, a few months ago i installed an inline hydro in my car. Yes, i know the stock cable brake is better.... but i bought my car as a stripped shell and it never had a cable ebrake, so why bother installing one.

Never have had a brake issue, brakes worked as well as stock brakes can, and the hydro was plumbed and it would stop the car. It wouldnt lock up the tires, because the stock brakes are shit.

So fast forward to today, i installed some z32 rear calipers and rotors, i had a friend help me bleed it, the process was Push in the brake, pull the hydro, open the bleeder, release the hydro, let off the brake. All air was out of the system and everything felt strong with the car off.

I go down the road and hit the brakes, they sink to the floor. i go back and bleed the brakes again (front and rear) no air came out of the system so i went back down the road. Same thing as before i pushed in the brakes and went to the floor, i repeated this about 7 times and each time still no air came out of the lines. With the car off i noticed that it would hold pressure and would never bleed down.

I feel like my master is bad because when im driving i can pump it back up and stop, but when i let off the pressure goes away. anyone have any suggestions?
i went back out to test it with the car off a few hours later. still holding pressure, but as soon as i roll down the road i know the hydro will pull all the way back and the brakes will sink to the floor.
soates4 is offline   Reply With Quote