Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-04-2019, 07:34 AM   #22561
jbrowne

Trader Rating: (0)
jbrowne is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hello, me again with some what I think is timing issue..

So I put new BC 264 cams in and Fidenza gears. I was pretty confident I set the intake gear at 10 and exhaust gear at 12 (Looks more 12:30). Anyways both front cam lobes were pointed out ( < > ) and crank pulley set to second notch from the left (o deg TDC).

Everything went together smooth and the car started and ran decent first crank. Fast forward a week now the car wont start anymore when I wanted to check timing with the timing light.. Nothing has changed since the first start up. Regular troubleshooting was done (Fuel, spark, vac etc)..

Leads me to think im off on my timing.. but would the car have started the first time?

Any ideas?
jbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2019, 10:55 AM   #22562
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Car taking forever to warm up, temp actually drops at idle or if I turn on the heater. Is that a stuck open thermostat?
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:08 AM   #22563
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TheBlackHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Car taking forever to warm up, temp actually drops at idle or if I turn on the heater. Is that a stuck open thermostat?
Does the temp drop or always stay low while driving as well? If so yea, stuck open thermostat.
TheBlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:32 PM   #22564
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHand View Post
Does the temp drop or always stay low while driving as well? If so yea, stuck open thermostat.
Temp drops when I stop and/or idle for a while. Stays warm when I'm moving at highway rpms.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:03 AM   #22565
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have a Godspeed rear sway bar (27.6mm) that I am trying to install on my S13 and the universal brackets I got for it don't fit. What would you recommend I use?

EDIT: Imgur images don't work here?
http://imgur.com/a/37DfAKr
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:05 AM   #22566
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
I have a Godspeed rear sway bar (27.6mm) that I am trying to install on my S13 and the universal brackets I got for it don't fit. What would you recommend I use?

EDIT: Imgur images don't work here?
http://imgur.com/a/37DfAKr
Can't speak to Godspeed, becuase I have ST anti sway bars with ES bushings and parts that fit awesome.
Can you force that or open a tiny bit to fit? In the photo though, I am looking at that frame part that seems to be separating at the weld. That need attention, or no?

Try dropping the bracket down and thread both bolts two or three threads
Old 03-07-2019, 08:03 AM   #22567
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Can't speak to Godspeed, becuase I have ST anti sway bars with ES bushings and parts that fit awesome.
Can you force that or open a tiny bit to fit? In the photo though, I am looking at that frame part that seems to be separating at the weld. That need attention, or no?

Try dropping the bracket down and thread both bolts two or three threads
Lol Typical Canadian 240. I'll be swapping subframe soon.

The issue is that it's actually too wide. I bent it inward to get it on there as the bolt holes are actually as close as they can get already. I would need a bushing that is more narrow but still has a 28mm ID. I might just contact Godspeed directly.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:25 PM   #22568
jbrowne

jbrowne is an unknown quantity at this point
Put new cams in, set mechanical timing 3 times now. Verified 10 and 12, 20 pins between cam marks. Car wont start, CAS went in fine...

Weird thing is when i turn the car over checking spark it only sparks once then stops as i keep cranking?

Any ideas
jbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:33 AM   #22569
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Lol Typical Canadian 240. I'll be swapping subframe soon.

The issue is that it's actually too wide. I bent it inward to get it on there as the bolt holes are actually as close as they can get already. I would need a bushing that is more narrow but still has a 28mm ID. I might just contact Godspeed directly.
Godspeed is typically good people. We used their stuff on my son's kouki and had no issues at all, but I needed to call becuase two aluminum rings were included and no instruction for them(shims for attachment on coils).
They will sort you out and send a new bracket if you call and ask. We all know new parts are not always on spec, and they do too.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:05 AM   #22570
Ghostlive17

Ghostlive17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Im stuck PLEASE HELP!!!

So im planning on buying z32 front calipers(30mm) with 30mm rotors but my wheels are 17x9.0+15 they are MB wheels would they fit ?
Ghostlive17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:50 AM   #22571
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostlive17 View Post
So im planning on buying z32 front calipers(30mm) with 30mm rotors but my wheels are 17x9.0+15 they are MB wheels would they fit ?
Just depends on the wheel spoke design if they will fit. Specs are good.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #22572
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Godspeed is typically good people. We used their stuff on my son's kouki and had no issues at all, but I needed to call becuase two aluminum rings were included and no instruction for them(shims for attachment on coils).
They will sort you out and send a new bracket if you call and ask. We all know new parts are not always on spec, and they do too.
Thanks for the feedback. Just to be clear, the pictured bracket are not godspeeds, they are from amazon. Got the swaybar used.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:39 AM   #22573
Ghostlive17

Ghostlive17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Just depends on the wheel spoke design if they will fit. Specs are good.
this is the link of the wheels i have
https://www.mballoywheels.com/custom...s-rims-battle/
Ghostlive17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:08 PM   #22574
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Anybody ever added camber plates to Megan EZ street coilovers? Wondering if the generic eBay ones are compatible
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:06 PM   #22575
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self

I need this particular hose that goes from oil separator to the valvecover tee.. Does anyone know the OEM part number? Mine cracked as it has become quite brittle. Prefer OEM parts
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 08:57 PM   #22576
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

I drained the tranny and found this small snap ring on the drain plug. Anybody knows where it could have come from? I miss shifted 2nd to 1st once at the track so that might have to do with it.

http://imgur.com/a/zWgI14K
Old 03-09-2019, 07:01 AM   #22577
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostlive17 View Post
That set up works. My freind in Hawaii has the same exact set up with his MB Battles
Old 03-09-2019, 09:49 AM   #22578
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_ryder View Post

I need this particular hose that goes from oil separator to the valvecover tee.. Does anyone know the OEM part number? Mine cracked as it has become quite brittle. Prefer OEM parts
Part # 11823-52F10
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:04 PM   #22579
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Part # 11823-52F10
You are the man!! Thank you!
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:15 PM   #22580
Jacob Butler
Leaky Injector

Jacob Butler is an unknown quantity at this point
Does ka24de have the same knock sensor plug as ka24e on the transmission harness?
Jacob Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:58 PM   #22581
Jacob Butler
Leaky Injector

Jacob Butler is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I drained the tranny and found this small snap ring on the drain plug. Anybody knows where it could have come from? I miss shifted 2nd to 1st once at the track so that might have to do with it.

http://imgur.com/a/zWgI14K
The speed sensor has a snap ring like that on it, not sure about the 4th 5th and reverse sensors
Jacob Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:26 PM   #22582
Trierauto

Trierauto is an unknown quantity at this point
hey so i have a weird one that noone here in cali can help me fix. so i have a 90 s13 ka24e i have been rebuilding for a year and i dont think this warrants a new thread. my car idles fine at 1000 with no problems really and will stay at temp and idle forever never jumping rpm at all but when i even touch my gas pedal for a second my car accelerates to 2000 rpm and stays there. we have cleaned my iacv multiple times that the thing looks brand new lol why would my idle jump up like that after touching the gas?
Trierauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:03 PM   #22583
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trierauto View Post
hey so i have a weird one that noone here in cali can help me fix. so i have a 90 s13 ka24e i have been rebuilding for a year and i dont think this warrants a new thread. my car idles fine at 1000 with no problems really and will stay at temp and idle forever never jumping rpm at all but when i even touch my gas pedal for a second my car accelerates to 2000 rpm and stays there. we have cleaned my iacv multiple times that the thing looks brand new lol why would my idle jump up like that after touching the gas?
Are you sure the throttle plate inside the throttle body is closing all the way after you let off the gas pedal? Also check that your TPS is set to 0.45 volts when the throttle plate is closed and about 5 volts at WOT.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:33 PM   #22584
Trierauto

Quote:
Are you sure the throttle plate inside the throttle body is closing all the way after you let off the gas pedal? Also check that your TPS is set to 0.45 volts when the throttle plate is closed and about 5 volts at WOT.
It is reading .045 at close and only 3.6 at wot
Old 03-13-2019, 02:38 PM   #22585
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

I installed my CXRacing catback and test pipe and have a question. What am I supposed to do with those hangers? Am I supposed to source some bolts an washers to go through them?

http://imgur.com/a/s4hfxyP

Also fittment is not great. Exhaust is pushing hard against the diff and the rear hangers are pulled forward to the max. I might have to bend the muffler hangers up and towards the back to drop the exhaust away from the diff.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:58 PM   #22586
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trierauto View Post
It is reading .045 at close and only 3.6 at wot
Check your TPS reading at 1000 rpm before you've touched the gas pedal and then check it again after touching the gas pedal when it wants to stay at 2000 rpm. Compare the two values.
If the TPS is reading close to 0.45 V @ 1000 rpm @ idle (you should be at about 750 rpm @ idle btw) and then >0.45 V @ 2000 rpm @ idle then you know your throttle plate isn't closing all the way.
If both values are close to 0.45 V @ idle @ 1000 & 2000 rpm then something else besides the TPS is at fault.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:06 PM   #22587
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
I installed my CXRacing catback and test pipe and have a question. What am I supposed to do with those hangers? Am I supposed to source some bolts an washers to go through them?

http://imgur.com/a/s4hfxyP

Also fittment is not great. Exhaust is pushing hard against the diff and the rear hangers are pulled forward to the max. I might have to bend the muffler hangers up and towards the back to drop the exhaust away from the diff.

CXRacing has never really been known for its quality...

take it to an exhaust shop... have the hangers rewelded or bent so the exhaust sits properly.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:31 PM   #22588
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
CXRacing has never really been known for its quality...

take it to an exhaust shop... have the hangers rewelded or bent so the exhaust sits properly.
I'm swapping to an S14 subframe soon and realised that I would feel really bad hacking up a brand new BRM exhaust. Hence the CXracing.

If needed I'll weld it up myself.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2019, 05:13 PM   #22589
Trierauto

Quote:
Check your TPS reading at 1000 rpm before you've touched the gas pedal and then check it again after touching the gas pedal when it wants to stay at 2000 rpm. Compare the two values.
If the TPS is reading close to 0.45 V @ 1000 rpm @ idle (you should be at about 750 rpm @ idle btw) and then >0.45 V @ 2000 rpm @ idle then you know your throttle plate isn't closing all the way.
If both values are close to 0.45 V @ idle @ 1000 & 2000 rpm then something else besides the TPS is at fault.
Ok so it's not doing it anymore as far as I can tell I pulled off a few things and cleaned them again. Idles at 1000 still and in park at idle at 1000 rpm it reads between .45 and .50 it bounces a little bit. And this is with my AAC adjustment screw all the way in. And now I have a cel light lol it decelerates like normal now too.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:58 AM   #22590
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

ELI5: What's a "white bunny" clutch?