Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-20-2018, 05:04 PM   #21991
mattrobertsxn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
mattrobertsxn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

What is this? Would this affect my cars idle at all? Im trying to figure out why my car wont idle after rebuild and im assuming i dont have something plugged in right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattrobertsxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2018, 06:48 PM   #21992
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrobertsxn View Post

What is this? Would this affect my cars idle at all? Im trying to figure out why my car wont idle after rebuild and im assuming i dont have something plugged in right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a resistor for the auto trans valve bodies. Okay to delete if you did a manual swap, otherwise leave it. Shouldn't effect idle though.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:40 PM   #21993
Xaser
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Xaser is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My car come without liners, now have G fenders +35mm, anyone know if the oem liners fits well?
because are so expensive to try it ( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guard-Lin...0AAOSwCHBbKgwZ )
and i have the oil cooler in that place

thanks
Xaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:14 PM   #21994
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Car runs crappy when cold, on decel it will not go full lean, my AF guage jumps up and down like crazy.. surges abit too when light throttle.. When WOT works fine and also works well once FULLY hot (ran for 15 min). Changed 02 sensor and cleaned MAF, IACV issue??

s13 SR20 with s15 turbo, z32 maf, enthalpy tune, 550cc

FIXED - Was the TPS, it was not seated properly or was just slightly not aligned properly. Adjusted it and works perfect now

Last edited by solo_ryder; 09-07-2018 at 03:54 PM..
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:11 PM   #21995
3NDLESS
Leaky Injector

3NDLESS is an unknown quantity at this point
Going up my driveway slowly, also at an angle, I hear a metal denting / popping sound from the rear but visually no damage when looking at the panels. It doesn't occur every time but is frequent and enough to worry me. I can also guarantee you nothing is rubbing / etc. My guesses are either just typical unibody flexing or bushings gone. But unsure if its something else.
3NDLESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:09 AM   #21996
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3NDLESS View Post
Going up my driveway slowly, also at an angle, I hear a metal denting / popping sound from the rear but visually no damage when looking at the panels. It doesn't occur every time but is frequent and enough to worry me. I can also guarantee you nothing is rubbing / etc. My guesses are either just typical unibody flexing or bushings gone. But unsure if its something else.
Could be your front, could be lower rear control arms with old bushings next to those Godspeed arms, cradle bushings, or even your driveline/diff bushings/trans mount, engine mounts
Old 07-24-2018, 08:19 AM   #21997
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
https://www.efisolutions.com.au/oxyg...33-a31-c33-c34

This is the O2 sensor I need however I do not want to spend 200 dollars. Is there anyway (or anyone who can do it for me) who can show me how to find the equivalent bosche version or a cheaper alternative one.

Before anyone mentions it. Yes I know, typically the Z32 O2 sensor works for the RB20 but not for the preupdate ones.

Thanks.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #21998
Xaser
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_ryder View Post
Car runs crappy when cold, on decel it will not go full lean, my AF guage jumps up and down like crazy.. surges abit too when light throttle.. When WOT works fine and also works well once FULLY hot (ran for 15 min). Changed 02 sensor and cleaned MAF, IACV issue??

s13 SR20 with s15 turbo, z32 maf, enthalpy tune, 550cc
Check the iacv.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:17 PM   #21999
3NDLESS
Leaky Injector

3NDLESS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Could be your front, could be lower rear control arms with old bushings next to those Godspeed arms, cradle bushings, or even your driveline/diff bushings/trans mount, engine mounts
Totally agree, it could be my steering wheel, my passenger seat falling apart, or even my floor mats. All be it maybe it could just be all my oem arms at their expiration date. Better luck next time
3NDLESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:14 AM   #22000
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3NDLESS View Post
Totally agree, it could be my steering wheel, my passenger seat falling apart, or even my floor mats. All be it maybe it could just be all my oem arms at their expiration date. Better luck next time
😅😅😅😅💀

#240problems
#oldcarissues
#collectorcarmyass
#becauseratchetassdriftcar
#racecar
Old 07-25-2018, 06:00 AM   #22001
Sailor
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Sailor is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
For a 91 240sx I have the wires coming from the ecu that match that wiring diagram. At the connection point, between the ecu and dash had been spliced. The problem is the dangling wires from the ecu do not match up with the ones sticking out of the white connector. From what I can gather, the connector for these cars were brown, whilst mine is white. Does anyone have a picture of their connector to the dash that is similar to this one?

What my white connector looks like:

What others look like
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:04 AM   #22002
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
alternator recommendations for a S14 ka24de?
Old 07-25-2018, 10:07 AM   #22003
Sailor
Leaky Injector

Sailor is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaser View Post
My car come without liners, now have G fenders +35mm, anyone know if the oem liners fits well?
because are so expensive to try it
Not sure if they fit. Though, if your front wheel wells are tubbed, i've seen people make their own liners out of plastic sheets with great success
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:03 AM   #22004
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaser View Post
because are so expensive to try it ( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guard-Lin...0AAOSwCHBbKgwZ )
and i have the oil cooler in that place

thanks
There should be no reason why you'd pay that much for the liners. Nissan still sells them new for about $80 each.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:08 PM   #22005
Xaser
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
Not sure if they fit. Though, if your front wheel wells are tubbed, i've seen people make their own liners out of plastic sheets with great success

Thanks mate!! ill do that!
Old 07-25-2018, 01:09 PM   #22006
Xaser
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
There should be no reason why you'd pay that much for the liners. Nissan still sells them new for about $80 each.
when check in some nissan dealers, no one sells, FRPSport says a similar price too, but thanks for the tip, i gonna check on other dealers
Old 07-25-2018, 05:14 PM   #22007
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
1/8th ABS plastic sheets. Commonly used for Thermoforming.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:06 PM   #22008
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I’m having some issues with my RB25DET cam angle sensor. I recently redid my timing belt, everything went together as it should and lines up, but I can’t get the car to start back up. It’s getting fuel and spark at the wrong time. The half moon on my camshaft has broken off, so I lined it up to where it should be and slid it in, still didn’t run. I put the engine at TDC, put the CAS to the TDC marks, still not firing. I am however getting some shotgun backfire and 6-8 foot flames out the tailpipe as I crank it. I’ve tried 2 different cam angle sensors as well, same results.

I’m not sure if this is related to the timing or if it’s an electrical issue or what. Any input would help a lot. Thanks!
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:20 AM   #22009
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The age old problem of diff clunk is currently haunting me. I have a solid driveshaft, solid subframe bushings and an lsd in the rear (not sure if native to the car or not).

The issue is whenever I shift gears or get on/off throttle I can feel the driveshaft spin up before it engages in the differential. Now, I was underneath the car and was checking play and the driveshaft will rotate a good quarter turn before I feel any resistance from the diff (engagement). As a result I think something is up with my diff, there is too much play and whenever the driveshaft applies torque there is play and clunks whenever there is engagement. I've read it could be remedied by shimming the diff input shaft, but I wanted to get some second opinions.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it begins to whine when putting lots of load, so like high throttle
Old 07-28-2018, 01:42 AM   #22010
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
just replace the diff...
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:48 AM   #22011
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
The age old problem of diff clunk is currently haunting me. I have a solid driveshaft, solid subframe bushings and an lsd in the rear (not sure if native to the car or not).

The issue is whenever I shift gears or get on/off throttle I can feel the driveshaft spin up before it engages in the differential. Now, I was underneath the car and was checking play and the driveshaft will rotate a good quarter turn before I feel any resistance from the diff (engagement). As a result I think something is up with my diff, there is too much play and whenever the driveshaft applies torque there is play and clunks whenever there is engagement. I've read it could be remedied by shimming the diff input shaft, but I wanted to get some second opinions.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it begins to whine when putting lots of load, so like high throttle
Sounds like the ring and pinion are fucked up. Not something you can shim your way out of. You need to replace the diff or ring and pinion (recommend buying a used diff, but check the gears obviously)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:45 AM   #22012
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

KAAZ is inexpensive, and the conical from OBX Racing is inexpensive.
Drift, got 1.5 or 2 way. Daily, go with the OBXR or Nismo, may as well work up a set of 350Z axles too, they only go out a 1/2" per side so it'll be a good excuse for new offset wheels

Damn, that diff project just got expensive, didn't it?
Old 07-28-2018, 07:56 AM   #22013
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
KAAZ is inexpensive, and the conical from OBX Racing is inexpensive.
Drift, got 1.5 or 2 way. Daily, go with the OBXR or Nismo, may as well work up a set of 350Z axles too, they only go out a 1/2" per side so it'll be a good excuse for new offset wheels

Damn, that diff project just got expensive, didn't it?
Its one of those "while youre in there" type of moments
Old 07-28-2018, 09:36 AM   #22014
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Im about to put some brakes on my recent project. I have 30mm Iron and some 26mm aluminum calipers to choose from.

Obviously I want to use the lighter 26mm stuff. However I can't find FOR THE LIFE OF ME How much does the 26mm Rotor WEIGHT in comparison to the 30mm rotor?

I went to every site I know of that details the 300zx swap and can't find 26mm rotor weight. Furthermore I went to rock auto and checked every manufacturer they all the say the same thing, 17.5lbs I think.

So is that true, 26mm rotors weight = 30mm rotor weight? Can't be! Say it aint so!
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:06 AM   #22015
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Its one of those "while youre in there" type of moments
Lolz!
That is the very same problem I have with my car. Star a project, then it hit! Throw money and hey, since we got in here, lets do A, B, C, fuck it! HAM!
Old 07-29-2018, 10:20 AM   #22016
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Im about to put some brakes on my recent project. I have 30mm Iron and some 26mm aluminum calipers to choose from.

Obviously I want to use the lighter 26mm stuff. However I can't find FOR THE LIFE OF ME How much does the 26mm Rotor WEIGHT in comparison to the 30mm rotor?

I went to every site I know of that details the 300zx swap and can't find 26mm rotor weight. Furthermore I went to rock auto and checked every manufacturer they all the say the same thing, 17.5lbs I think.

So is that true, 26mm rotors weight = 30mm rotor weight? Can't be! Say it aint so!

And you already have both in your possession..?
Try weighing them.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:08 PM   #22017
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
And you already have both in your possession..?
Try weighing them.
I have the brakes but not the rotors. I need to know weight of ROTORS before I buy them. I have 30mm ROTORS just not 26mm ROTORS.

idgaf about weight on the front of the car that doesn't spin. I DO care if one set of rotors is 1lb+ difference in weight though, THAT makes me wet
Old 07-29-2018, 12:28 PM   #22018
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
, THAT makes me wet
Hahaha

In that case I would just weigh the rotors I have and then call around local stores to see who has 26mm* rotors in stock and bring a scale with me

Last edited by Almighty So; 07-29-2018 at 02:25 PM..
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:14 PM   #22019
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
Hahaha

In that case I would just weight the rotors I have and then call around local stores to see who has 30mm rotors in stock and bring a scale with me
huh now why didn't I think of that. Wow thats a fantastic idea if they actually have 26mm rotors in stock. I just assumed it wouldn't be a normally stocked item. It isn't, is it, your just messing with me right...

edit: I've been rethinking my original question. And I realized something.

The weight may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Sometimes a heavier rotor might be desirable.
I can't expect to weigh a random 26mm and have it exactly match the weight of the next one I happen to buy later. (Maybe I can but... I shouldn't expect this)
I think I know the next step

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 07-29-2018 at 05:42 PM..
Old 07-29-2018, 05:31 PM   #22020
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Lolz!
That is the very same problem I have with my car. Star a project, then it hit! Throw money and hey, since we got in here, lets do A, B, C, fuck it! HAM!
Realistically I think Ill just get new old guts and replace mine.