Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2018, 09:10 PM   #1
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
k00laid83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Power Steering Fittings

Hello Everyone,

So a couple of years back I created a thread gauging interest on who would be interested in buying S-Chassis specific PS fittings. I've been in contact with a manufacturer who will make the PS fittings, and before I go all in I want to see if members would be interested. The S-Chassis specific PS fittings will be made in brass or steel. I'm leaning towards brass to avoid rusty fittings. I'm avoiding aluminum since I've experienced aluminum fittings snapping on me.

The reason I've looked into this was that I was tired of my steering rack always leaking ps fluid, because of fittings that came in my kit were to short. I tried everything to stop the leak, like slapping a bunch of sealant on the threads, crush washers, washers with rubber seals, and different fittings. None of that worked and my rack still leaked. I was fed up so I ended up making my own fittings from the original lines and welding them to -6an bungs. Since, I've done that I haven't had one single leak for over a year. Now I'm looking into having fittings made and wanted to see if the community would be interested in something like this.

Last edited by k00laid83; 04-12-2018 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: Removed old pricing so there aren't any confusions
k00laid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links