Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-02-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
Pepsi709

Trader Rating: (0)
Pepsi709 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sr20det EGI relay buzzing won't start

Before I start, I've researched this topic for awhile an have tried several things so far, seems to be a common problem. But I've tried everything on all of the threads I've seen. Just would like some extra input. Thanks in advance.

So I have a 93 s13 with a red top sr20det swap. Has jim wolf ecu, stock internals, stock t-25, nismo 555 injectors, z32 maf, blah blah blah. Went on vacation in June for a week or so an when i came back the egi relay was buzzing an car would not start. I have charged battery, replaced terminals, replaced the connector to my fuel pump which was corroded, walboro 255 pump, I've replaced both relays that we're buzzing. The egi relay an the one right next to it. Put a new fuel filter in, new spark plugs, tested spark. Just will not start up. I got it to run once a little bit when I sprayed starter fluid in. But ran bad an shutoff. Any help or advice I'd appreciate it! Thanks guys!
Pepsi709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2019, 09:09 PM   #2
Fre3_World313

Fre3_World313 is making his/her stupidity well-knownFre3_World313 is making his/her stupidity well-knownFre3_World313 is making his/her stupidity well-knownFre3_World313 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Bringing back an old thread.

Need help

Fuel pump only primes when jumping the relay.

IT WILL NOT DO ANYTHING UNLESS JUMPED

Wtf do I do now? Drive it? Lol

I don’t think the ecu pin is burnt

And I think my grounds are good.

Dunno lol
Fre3_World313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:30 AM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
ive seen a number of #62 and #63 ecu that burn the pin that triggers the EGI relay. The best solution I've found is to manually command the relay. The ecu sends a ground signal to that relay, commanding it to change state. So, wire as follows;
relay ------- switch ------- ground to chassis. This makes a good kill switch too, so hide it somewhere.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:37 AM   #4
Fre3_World313

Fre3_World313 is making his/her stupidity well-knownFre3_World313 is making his/her stupidity well-knownFre3_World313 is making his/her stupidity well-knownFre3_World313 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Ok cool man, so your saying, essentially run a toggle switch with a relay, so I don’t mess things up.?

Because yes Ik it’s dangerous if I’m in a wreck, the way I have it, the pump runs full speed until the key is turned off.

It’s very tempting to just drive it the way it is

Is my only options to do it like you said. 1. Relay, switch, ground to chassis?

Or 2 run it with the wire jump? Lol

Does it hurt to run it this way?
Fre3_World313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #5
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
1: verify that the problem is ACTUALLY what you think it is (determine if the ecu IS or IS NOT grounding the relay, which clicks it on/off
2: its up to YOU if you decide to replace the ecu with one that is not burnt, or if you just want it to operate the egi relay off a switch.
3: yes, instead of the egi relay getting its ground from the ecu, you run it to a switch, and then ground to the chassis.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote