Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-10-2017, 08:49 AM   #61
jefferz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
jefferz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
All you instant-gratified kids stay off my lawn...

All you dinosaurs fossilize already.
Ive never related to a post more in my life.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2017, 10:33 PM   #62
MamangSorbetero
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
MamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The "Zilvia Purist" is all but gone in 2017. The same goes for most JDM car communities these days. There has been a boom of counterfeit/low tier products and this new generation eats it all up.

Thankfully that's only for the USA in general. Other countries are on that good, full JDM/quality parts thing. Most are just in it these days for the crime and counter-culture but not really about actual skill in driving or wrenching on the cars...
MamangSorbetero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:36 PM   #63
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i log in every now and than.. does that count? moved to an older S Chassis tho. But unlike majority of US S30 owners, I am pretty anal about trying to stay true to JDM styling.. There are parts that Japanese Zs just dont do (like plastic fender mirrors, poor fitting US made fender flares , fakeasswheels etc).
Old 12-10-2017, 10:40 PM   #64
dmragecm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
dmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
i log in every now and than.. does that count? moved to an older S Chassis tho.
same here. i sold my 180sx but i wanna get an aristo or jzx90 in the future. you sir are a god among men with that s30. what gnose kit is that? do you have an ig?
dmragecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:17 PM   #65
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Don't let people whoring out their shitty cars ruin ones perception of what is and isn't still out there. Nice cars are still being built.

I've been enjoying my latest built. Not an S-chassis, but the same principle goes into building a Jzs as an S-chassis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Been a while since I've posted my car in here.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:18 PM   #66
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmragecm View Post
same here. i sold my 180sx but i wanna get an aristo or jzx90 in the future. you sir are a god among men with that s30. what gnose kit is that? do you have an ig?
thanks! ig handle is gstyle_s30 https://www.instagram.com/gstyle_s30/
Kit is from restored.jp
flares are marugen shoukai
Old 12-11-2017, 02:18 AM   #67
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
AUSTINGT ig
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:23 AM   #68
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
i log in every now and than.. does that count? moved to an older S Chassis tho. But unlike majority of US S30 owners, I am pretty anal about trying to stay true to JDM styling.. There are parts that Japanese Zs just dont do (like plastic fender mirrors, poor fitting US made fender flares , fakeasswheels etc).
Please get this bitch in paint asap. Love some s30.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:31 AM   #69
Sailor
Leaky Injector

Sailor is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamangSorbetero View Post
There has been a boom of counterfeit/low tier products and this new generation eats it all up.
I couldn't agree more, but you have to admit the price is very alluring. Though it may not be the "right" way to fix/build a car, it gets a lot of people the opportunity to work on something without the large cost of original parts.

it is not that people are buying cheap aero that erks me, but the effort level to make what you have be a finished product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
The whole instant gratification thing with what seems like mostly the younger generation is so true, not to say all of them are like that though.
Expect to get parts that do not fit well, and expect to do some modification to them. It takes time and a whole lot of effort to meet the fitment and look of quality parts and that is the trade-off in price.

This is what I don't understand about "purists", holding a standard that they have set for themselves and expecting others to adhere to it. There are many builds on here using second hand parts and the only thing that separates them (already said a few times on this forum) is the execution.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:10 AM   #70
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Building cars isn't a race, yet many people seem to treat it as such.
Quoted for truth... A lot of my favorite builds over the years, have been the ones where the owner took their time with things. Had an idea or vision and made it a reality.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:00 PM   #71
tb13
Zilvia Addict

tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
I fucking hate the word "pursuit" and anyone that feels the need to call them self one and tell others how to build their car can close their gaping mouth hole and fuck right off. If you're that close minded, thinking your car is the "right" way to build around any chassis, you have no business being part of any car community.

If you've got respect for the chassis you are building around there is no reason for anyone to be giving you shit about your build. I've seen a ton of cars that are not my cup of tea, but I have to respect the time and effort people put into their cars to get them the way they want it. I can't hate on someone doing everything right, just in a different way then I would do it.

Yes, people ruin cars with shitty parts, horrible fab work and simply not giving a shit all the time. We've got a thread to make fun of these idiots, but if someone is just building a car that doesn't really conform to the "norm", leave them alone or find a way to support them with constructive criticism or advice instead of trying to spread the devine word of your holy savior OEM+.

Am I a pursuit, hell no. My car is considered a bastard in the Z32 world, but that doesn't stop me from putting all of the best parts I can afford into it and building it how I want.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:54 PM   #72
dmragecm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
dmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
dmragecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:58 PM   #73
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
if your not running eibach sportlines and agx's still gtfo. hahaha
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:07 AM   #74
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Purism is stupid. It's one thing to take some styling cues from the early 2000's, but for fucks sake it's 2017. All that time capsule JDM early 2000 bullshit needs to stop. The technology and support has advanced greatly for these cars, get used to it.

Also, I see alot of you dorks hard parking your shit in some trendy back drop with some cut rate photo just for instagram. Lame.
Go and do something cool. Making a pseudo drift car and pretending you're about the culture is dumb if all you do is stance park the car.
Fucking weeaboo's.

Also also; just cause you have fancy, brand-name parts doesn't mean you know how to build/work on cars. I see so many "quality" builds that are hot messes from lack of mechanical aptitude. Be it the owners or previous shops; just cause its fancy with a price tag doesn't mean you know what you're doing.

Also 3x: For the love of all things holy please stop coveting used Bride seats made over a decade ago. Y'all are buying used stuff that someone sharted in for the better part of 15 years. Gross.

Sorry not sorry.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:29 AM   #75
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
stuff
Welcome to 24 posts ago.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:35 AM   #76
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Purism is stupid. It's one thing to take some styling cues from the early 2000's, but for fucks sake it's 2017. All that time capsule JDM early 2000 bullshit needs to stop. The technology and support has advanced greatly for these cars, get used to it.

Also, I see alot of you dorks hard parking your shit in some trendy back drop with some cut rate photo just for instagram. Lame.
Go and do something cool. Making a pseudo drift car and pretending you're about the culture is dumb if all you do is stance park the car.
Fucking weeaboo's.

Also also; just cause you have fancy, brand-name parts doesn't mean you know how to build/work on cars. I see so many "quality" builds that are hot messes from lack of mechanical aptitude. Be it the owners or previous shops; just cause its fancy with a price tag doesn't mean you know what you're doing.

Also 3x: For the love of all things holy please stop coveting used Bride seats made over a decade ago. Y'all are buying used stuff that someone sharted in for the better part of 15 years. Gross.

Sorry not sorry.
i get what ur saying but you seem so angry about the early 240 crowd. (based on ur join date on being some what recent.)n
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:47 AM   #77
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
Expect to get parts that do not fit well, and expect to do some modification to them. It takes time and a whole lot of effort to meet the fitment and look of quality parts and that is the trade-off in price.

This is what I don't understand about "purists", holding a standard that they have set for themselves and expecting others to adhere to it. There are many builds on here using second hand parts and the only thing that separates them (already said a few times on this forum) is the execution.
Confused as to why you quoted my post to say this. Aside from the fact it has nothing to do with what I said, I'm not sure I understand what your trying to say here hahah
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:38 AM   #78
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
All you instant-gratified kids stay off my lawn...

All you dinosaurs fossilize already.
Says the kid defending shitty 'done-did-it-ma'self' work in the DIW thread. I'll send you a participation trophy in the mail. Until then, get fucked.

'Dinosaurs'...most of us are under 30. We're just not massive fucking dipshits.

This whole thread can be ended simply: you either 'get it' or you don't. Whatever your chosen path is with this chassis you either know what's up or you're just fucking it up. Restomod, purist, drift, stance guys, track guys, and daily driver builds...you can always tell who's going in the right direction for their chosen path. You can even mix and match some of them..but it's the culture vultures that try to dabble in it all for recognition that normally fuck up. The dudes that take shortcuts, the people that try their hand at custom fab work, do a shit job, but leave it and defend it because 'they did it themself', the guys following fads. They all fucking suck. Dudes like the guy I quoted bitching about people hiding behind 'cop out' criticisms then saying everyone against instant gratification is a dinosaur (irony) are just around to make some fucking noise while people will listen.

It is what it is. My ever-evolving understanding of this thread and the word 'purist' leads me to believe that you an be a purist in a chosen path...and you either fucking get it or you suck shit.

Last edited by dizzariot; 12-12-2017 at 04:18 AM..
dizzariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:46 AM   #79
Sailor
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
I fucking hate the word "pursuit"
Really? I kind of like that word
Old 12-12-2017, 06:57 AM   #80
Bnr32gtr
Zilvia Addict

Bnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enough
Yeah I'm not fond of it either when I think of it it makes me think of stuck up yuppie.
Bnr32gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:29 AM   #81
tb13
Zilvia Addict

tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Really? I kind of like that word
Its fine if you love a certain chassis and hold you own opinions to a high standard, but when you run around calling yourself a pursuit telling others how to build their cars you are just a close minded prick. I've always just associated pursuit negatively with people like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnr32gtr View Post
Yeah I'm not fond of it either when I think of it it makes me think of stuck up yuppie.
Agreed.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:34 AM   #82
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:

Fucking weeaboo's.

Sorry not sorry.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:37 AM   #83
Sailor
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Its fine if you love a certain chassis and hold you own opinions to a high standard, but when you run around calling yourself a pursuit telling others how to build their cars you are just a close minded prick. I've always just associated pursuit negatively with people like that...
Quote:
I fucking hate the word "pursuit"
Do you not like PURSUIT, such as the one for happiness
Old 12-12-2017, 09:16 AM   #84
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Quote:

Fucking weeaboo's.

Sorry not sorry.
This is almost like saying a period correct muscle car is lame because there's "new technology".
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:16 AM   #85
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Do you not like PURSUIT, such as the one for happiness
I'm referring to calling yourself a pursuit, we should all pursue goals in life, but when you go from pursuing your own goals to trying to tell other how to pursue theirs, you should reconsider what you are doing.

I dunno, I come from the Z32 community and I've been harassed so many times for running certain offset wheels, being too low, etc that I just hate the idea of pursuits trying to make everyone follow their way of thinking a car should be built.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:25 AM   #86
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Wait
WaitWaitWaitWaitWaitWait....

Hold on a damn minute!

Quote:
I'm referring to calling yourself a pursuit, we should all pursue goals in life, but when you go from pursuing your own goals to trying to tell other how to pursue theirs, you should reconsider what you are doing.

I dunno, I come from the Z32 community and I've been harassed so many times for running certain offset wheels, being too low, etc that I just hate the idea of pursuits trying to make everyone follow their way of thinking a car should be built.
Pursuit:

Purist:

You been arguing all this time over a grammatical error.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #87
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Wait

Hold on a damn minute!

Pursuit:

Purist:

Well I'm retarded, let that be on the record. Still somewhat applies though, I need to work on my reading skills
Old 12-12-2017, 09:32 AM   #88
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Wait

Hold on a damn minute!

Pursuit:

Purist:

This dude is hilarious...
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:13 AM   #89
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
i get what ur saying but you seem so angry about the early 240 crowd. (based on ur join date on being some what recent.)n
It's mostly the younger dudes who nut swing over that "golden era" but don't have any knowledge or talent that piss me off. They just slap beat up parts on and tug themselves off about how "neato" their cars are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
This is almost like saying a period correct muscle car is lame because there's "new technology".
No, paying homage to a past era is one thing but you shouldn't ever set yourself behind just because "its what they used to do".

Support for the SR20 here in the states is so far behind. Why? Cause y'all don't want to do new shit. Nistune is a real powerful tuning option, but its not popular. You all want to keep chip tuning your shit or using Power FCs. Or blowing stuff up with megasquirt. Z32 MAF Upgrade? Why do that when you have the access to the newest MAF from the r35? Its so affordable and the VE table is so refined...

Here is the example that I like to give:

On Youtube, there is a 90's CarBoy GP Drift competition where drivers are judged on solo runs. We're talking EARLY 90's Japan. Dudes still in Starlets, AE86' a few old Datsun, CA Powered S13's... Just having fun in cheap cars, right?

And then BAM; Two dudes are competing with a (then new) E30 M3 and an R32 GTR. Two cars that were the PINNACLE of motorsport technology in that era.

Are you gonna tell me that the other guys in the S-chassis or TE/AE chassis wouldn't use whatever they could to give themselves a fighting chance?
If they had the access to the parts and tricks that we have now, you don't think they'd be using them?

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 12-12-2017 at 10:50 AM..
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:12 AM   #90
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
I don't even think you can define "purist" anymore.

Look closely to videos coming out of japan now a days, they run cheap parts all the time too. Knock off wheels, crappy steering wheels and interior parts, generic suspension arms galore.

I think a lot of us see Japan and the "purist" mentality through rose colored glasses.

In reality, as long as the cars are true to style, I don't think anyone really cares anymore. Just keep it lowish, painted one color, and cohesive in the chosen style and it should always look good. Of course I respect people out there still doing it by the book with all legit everything, but when I see kids running US market or replica parts, I really can't be mad as long as it looks like it was put together with care.

As for my own car, I follow the 00' styling, but my parts are about 50/50 replica versus real. Basically if its key to safe and reliable operation like a radiator, clutch, diff or turbo, real parts only. But for things like aero, intercooler piping, exhausts and the like, I really couldn't care less.
I've tried sticking to the JDM quality only tip for the longest time, but it's too expensive when you actually drift and drive the car on public streets. I go through a body kit every year, that on top of tires and entry fees... it's it's not feasible to buy brand new JDM or pay for shipping costs for used stuff from across the ocean.

If a replica company can issue something that isn't safety critical, and it works just as well, you'll see me on it.

I just bought a CX racing intercooler set up for my car because I have end of year events I'm trying to make and didn't want to spend twice as much for the real thing. If it breaks because of low quality I may consider getting a JDM one, but they're still not built for my KA-T motorset...

Quote:
It's mostly the younger dudes who nut swing over that "golden era" but don't have any knowledge or talent that piss me off. They just slap beat up parts on and tug themselves off about how "neato" their cars are.

No, paying homage to a past era is one thing but you shouldn't ever set yourself behind just because "its what they used to do".

Support for the SR20 here in the states is so far behind. Why? Cause y'all don't want to do new shit. Nistune is a real powerful tuning option, but its not popular. You all want to keep chip tuning your shit or using Power FCs. Or blowing stuff up with megasquirt. Z32 MAF Upgrade? Why do that when you have the access to the newest MAF from the r35? Its so affordable and the VE table is so refined...

Here is the example that I like to give:

On Youtube, there is a 90's CarBoy GP Drift competition where drivers are judged on solo runs. We're talking EARLY 90's Japan. Dudes still in Starlets, AE86' a few old Datsun, CA Powered S13's... Just having fun in cheap cars, right?

And then BAM; Two dudes are competing with a (then new) E30 M3 and an R32 GTR. Two cars that were the PINNACLE of motorsport technology in that era.

Are you gonna tell me that the other guys in the S-chassis or TE/AE chassis wouldn't use whatever they could to give themselves a fighting chance?
If they had the access to the parts and tricks that we have now, you don't think they'd be using them?
Why we're still using the old tech is.. it's there, and it works.

I'm into drifting. 3 or 4 years ago, PBM was all the rage. I fell into the hype, bought their coils, arms, subframe risers the whole nine yards.

Only to have all that bullshit flipped on it's head when Naoki, grass roots drifter put everything we thought we knew about drifting on its head.

Dude slays formula d drivers in 600hp cars with all of the leading edge suspension mods on the most technical courses. But he does this with the fabled 15+ year old suspension and tuning you're downplaying.

As for the newer stuff, using new mafs, new tunes, new tech requires someone developing it.

People that have that kind of skill and talent and do it well, they do it for money. V35 maf... I don't even know where to find one, let alone bother looking for one because I have no idea how to set it up.

I can get a Z maf and enthalpy for less than $400. I can do that by buying used parts.

When someone starts developing cheap R35 tunes using mostly OEM quality parts,l maybe the rest community along with myself will consider it, otherwise we're going to continue using our old tech.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote