Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:52 PM   #121
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Silicone worked fine from header to manifold. Lasted an hour on the t2 flange. Back to square one. I'm going to cake high temp copper gasket on a t2 gasket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2019, 12:48 AM   #122
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Myth busted.

Old 09-01-2019, 03:31 AM   #123
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Slapped this bitch together in a night. I used a 4 later t2 gasket with copper high temp rtv. Going to let cure for 24 hours before taking it out. I double-checked and made sure the studs were torqued down.

Old 09-01-2019, 02:03 PM   #124
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Ive tried all diffrent types of gaskets..the only one that has ever held up for me is a full copper gasket. Its 3/16 thick straight copper. Installed with lock washers on the bolts and never looked back.

Good luck solving the issuse..shit is annoying
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #125
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Ive tried all diffrent types of gaskets..the only one that has ever held up for me is a full copper gasket. Its 3/16 thick straight copper. Installed with lock washers on the bolts and never looked back.

Good luck solving the issuse..shit is annoying
I thought about it, but I had a 4 layer t2 gasket sitting on my bench. We shall see... I'm really hoping the inconel studs hold up. I torqued those studs into the manifold really well.

I didn't really take any photos, but small update I did wire in a relay and switch for my oil cooler on Labor day. I'm planning on running Villains Sportsland in a few weeks.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:17 AM   #126
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Sunset Cruise and burritos [emoji896]

Old 09-11-2019, 08:15 AM   #127
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Last Friday I received my Villains hydro kit. I bought the full $500 kit because I didn't want to waste time piecing together my own, plus I love supporting the Villains guys, Nate is one of the nicest people I've ever met.

On top of that, Villainssportsland is this weekend. I decided to slap a $30 underglow kit on the schassis. I need to add more ricer RGB to the car since I'm a PC gamer / twitch streamer!

I'll try and record random shenanigans from VSL VI and post it to Zilvia.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:30 AM   #128
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

I never gave a proper update from Villains Sportsland back in September, most likely for how bummed I was. First of all, the event was INSANE! 3 days of drifting and camping with your buds at one of the coolest tracks in the PNW... This just makes me realize I could post a ton of content from that weekend! I'll update the thread over time.

Long story short, the KA overheated and blew a head gasket. The head was 11 thousandths off and the block was only 2 thousandths off. Couple weeks ago I pulled the motor out and had Ray at Garage Auto Hero pull the head off. Ray machined the head and he slapped a Tomei head gasket on her!

I have most of my photos on my phone, so I'll add photos through the Tapatalk app.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:38 AM   #129
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

I’m very thankful my buddy Nick Mosher reaches out to me and offered to tow my car to Villains Sportsland in Walla Walla WA. That’s about a 4-5 hour drive depending on traffic, a little more with our lunch break at a trucker hub.

Jordan Hilmo, Jon W, John Danyals, Roland Gallagher, and Derrik Pompeo all met at the Safeway gas station to fuel up and hit the road.

Old 12-21-2019, 10:49 AM   #130
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Old 12-26-2019, 09:50 PM   #131
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Man, VSL has a great backdrop
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 10:25 AM   #132
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
Man, VSL has a great backdrop

It’s beautiful out there

Old 12-31-2019, 10:28 AM   #133
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

I brought my camera out to VSL and took photos while I wasn’t driving. Here’s a few from Friday night.

Also camera photos of Nates car in the morning.

Old 01-02-2020, 12:30 PM   #134
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Damn bro your pics are HUGE

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 01:01 PM   #135
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Damn bro your pics are HUGE
holy shit lmao i uploaded through the app (instead of pc)

i'm surprised zilvia admins haven't added max-width or some CSS wizardry.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:10 AM   #136
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
That coupe is thrashed and still looks sexy as fukk
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 06:52 PM   #137
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Personal note for myself in the future:

IAT 5v ADC03 - blue
IAT ground - White

MAP 5v - red
MAP ADC02 - yellow
MAP GROUND - orange

Old 01-06-2020, 10:19 AM   #138
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

I keep slacking off and forgetting to update my thread. Few photos of me at from Villains Sportsland.

Old 01-06-2020, 10:31 AM   #139
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

While I was at Villains, I lifted the head? I think a cooling issue that started back in July finally caught up to me in September. Although it didn’t seem apparent mid summer. There was an open drift where my turbo coolant lines sprung a pin hole leak. I think ever since then my motor had strange cooling issues. I believe it had a minor head gasket leak that got progressively worse until 3 days of hot lapping at Villains Sportsland.

At VSL6, my coolant needed to be bled 2-3 times due to air getting stuck in the upper coolant hose. What I didn’t realize was that exhaust fumes was slowly building in the coolant lines. On the 3rd day at Villains Sportsland, the motor ECT peaked at around 240 F. After that I called it for the weekend.

When I got home from Walla Walla, I rented a compression tester to see if I lost a cylinder. I was getting around 150-175 per cylinder BUT cylinder 1 was around 120. I ran the compression test a 3rd time when I realized the compression in cylinder 1 was falling a lot faster then the other cylinders.

Turns out, the compression in cylinders 1 and 2 were being pushed into the coolant jackets (yes while I was testing). This was evident when I heard bubbles in the overflow tank.

I messaged Ray at Garage Autohero and asked if he could look at it. For his sake, I pulled the motor and brought him the long block and a Tomei head gasket.

Old 01-06-2020, 10:47 AM   #140
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Ray made a quick turn around and got the head back from the machine shop over the weekend. With the freshly installed head gasket, he noticed something odd about the upper timing chain. Apparently Mark (that assembled the long block) had the lower chain off 1 tooth. Ray fixed the issue by moving the upper chain 1 tooth to match the lower chain. I dressed the motor and dropped her back in that week!

Old 01-06-2020, 10:50 AM   #141
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Just FYI you don't need to torque the inconel T2 studs into the manifold. Just fully threaded in and hand tight is fine. They work with Clamping force via the nuts.
Also good on you for getting Inconel studs and Stage8 nuts. This is the best hardware that you can use. However you really should have went with the "s15" multilayer t2 gasket. Good time to do that.
My only gripe with the Stage8 nuts is they can easily get deformed in the area where the clip for the lock engages the nut. Oh well.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:00 AM   #142
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

At first I was having issues starting the motor and it turns out the MAF died. When I hooked up my standalone, the reading was sitting at 255. NO IDEA how tf the MAF died! All I did was set it on a shelf when it was removed from the car. POS reman car parts!

The MAF sitting at 100% flooded the motor and caused it to not start. I updated Ray what happened and couldn’t believe it. I pulled the spark plugs to air out the motor overnight. The next morning I had an old MAF to A B test with and it started up!

While I was at it, I spoke with my tuner about getting it tuned again. Since the timing was corrected, the tune would be way off. He recommended (again) to wire in the MAP and IAT sensors I have. I got off my lazy ass and spent last Friday evening wiring in both of those sensors.

After I had the harness back in and tucked, the motor started but ran on 3 cylinders. I thought an injector died or I fried the wiring while I had the harness out. Turns out spark plug in cylinder 4 decided to completely die?

Long story short, check the basics before ripping the engine harness out a second time... ugh.

Street tune coming later this week!!!

Above: NismotronicSA ADC board. Soldered the bridge for the 4.5 ohm resistor. This is for the IAT sensor.

Above shitty wiring while I test the sensors. I eventually cleaned this up.

Above: the GM 3bar MAP sensor actually had wiring diagram labels stamped on it. Thank god.

Above: ugly ass schassis that runs and drifts needing paint. Will throw money in ur face.

Old 02-10-2020, 06:45 PM   #143
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Special delivery from Osaka Japan. Full kit! Ordered this back in December and just got it last week! Can’t wait to send the car off for paint!

Old 02-10-2020, 06:50 PM   #144
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

This week, I’m bringing my car down to a guy named Kenny to dyno tune my car. I switched to speed density! Now I can run more boost and toss the old s13 MAF.

Last week I noticed my house reeked of gasoline. After checking around the garage, I figured out my gas tank started leaking.

Luckily my friend Spencer (Frowsh) offered to let me use his dads outdoor lift. We got it up in the air and slapped some JB TankWeld on the leak.

Simeon stopped by in his BMW to hang and play pool. Spencer’s never seen his new BMW in person.

Looking forward to this 2020 season! Paint in March!

Old 02-12-2020, 01:52 PM   #145
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Short video from dyno day:

https://youtu.be/D6vSaRxBlR0

Last edited by Wykydtron; 02-17-2020 at 03:03 PM..
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:44 AM   #146
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Legit!

How do you feel about the tank weld? My 13's tank is leaking and I don't feel like sourcing another.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:57 PM   #147
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Legit!

How do you feel about the tank weld? My 13's tank is leaking and I don't feel like sourcing another.

If it fails, I’ll keep patching it... unless I can find a cheap s13 tank on a budget.

Old 02-17-2020, 03:01 PM   #148
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

This weekend went well. I can’t believe how fast the car is now. I was actually nervous af entering the 3/8ths bank because how fast it got up to speed. I need to work on my flick entries.

While I was tandeming towards the end of the day, I broke a RUCA! Thankfully my friend Brad Davis has a replacement in his trailer. He loaned it to me so I could gimp back home. The next day he gave me a few arms to try out.

Old 02-17-2020, 03:04 PM   #149
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Open drift video (yeah I’m not a vlogger just recording some runs to look back on some day)

https://youtu.be/CUbMpupHKm4

Old 02-17-2020, 03:10 PM   #150
JoelC

JoelC is making a name for him/her selfJoelC is making a name for him/her self
Just read though your entire thread, I got a KBD rear bumper and skirts for my s14. You mentioned their fitment was bad? How so? I'm a little nervous because it gets misshapen so easily.

Anyway, great thread!