Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Can't make a signature? Unable to create a thread? No Marketplace? Look here.

You didn't read the rules.

GO READ THEM NOW.

You're in one of our 'new user' usergroups, and as such, have limited privileges. For users here less than 30 days, you may not make any threads, nor have a signature or insert images in your posts. For those here longer than 30 days but less than 90, you may post pictures and have signatures and even create threads, but not in the Marketplace.

Signatures - this is more of a earned thing, and will help me differentiate between noob users and those who have been here for more than 3 months.

Thread creation.
First 30 days - You don't need to be making threads. You need to be searching and reading and posting and conversing with the rest of the forum.
First 90 days - You don't need to buy or sell anything in the Marketplace. I don't care if you have a warehouse full of cheap parts, you're not selling here until your 90 days are up or until you've established that you're willing to take a financial risk* by selling/buying here.

*via the purchase of a Premium Membership or Advertisement/Vendor package.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2010, 12:21 AM   #2
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I like it.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
about time. this place was turning nico like with all the retarded threads popping up lately
Old 06-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Are you guys planning on cleaning up accounts too? Its still feasible for somebody to make accounts and not use it for 90 days, get access and scam the fuck out of folks...figured deleting accounts that are not used after a certain amount of time after being created will lessen the chance of that happening.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #5
uLmighty
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
uLmighty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to uLmighty
NOOOO!! no wonder i was lookin at for sale cars and then i was like "wtf?! did i get ban cuz i posted my car on sale and forgot to close it?" anyways sucks to be me for having less than 90days lol.
uLmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #6
jerseyjon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
jerseyjon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yeah i thought i somehow did something to get banned from the marketplace lol
jerseyjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:01 AM   #7
malady

malady is an unknown quantity at this point
some people come from different forums just to buy rims an tires from zilvia.. you guys have a good marketplace for that

i think it hurts peoples sales more than anything to not allow people under 90 days to not see the marketplace at all

it especially hurts me because i looked at the marketplace everyday!

i dont see any reasoning in this besides the fact that you dont want newbies to come sell there stuff without contributing or ripping people off

but it makes no sense if people just want to buy things
i kno you guys probably have a ton of spam lately
but wtf
malady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #8
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Our Marketplace is for our members. If you can't commit to being a part of our community for at least three months, then you don't need to use our marketplace. That's all there is to it.

Zilvia.net is not Craig's List, or eBay.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:27 AM   #9
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection

Yes, and not to mention that immediate access to the marketplace caused all kinds of problems.
Like this one:
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/3...hat-gives.html

Let us also think of all the people we pink/ban/ban from marketplace who immediately start a new name just to be able to access the marketplace again. If re-registering will do approximately NOTHING to benefit the person doing it, then eventually people will cease doing it, which means we need to ban fewer people in the long run.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #10
E-Warrior
BANNED

E-Warrior is an unknown quantity at this point
Kinda makes me want to punch someone in the pecker TBH. lol

Got on here to hopefully buy some sideskirts by next month because thats when I drive 1900 miles home and would love a complete car, and WTF IS THIS I HAVE TO WAIT 90 DAYS!?!?!? O awesome..yea totally cool.

How come I could access the marketplace as just a guest but once I sign up its gone?? Explain please. Makes no damn sense at all.

Quote:
First 90 days - You don't need to buy or sell anything in the Marketplace. I don't care if you have a warehouse full of cheap parts, you're not selling here until your 90 days are up or until you've established that you're willing to take a financial risk* by selling/buying here.

In the marketplace right now. CONVERSATING AND SHOPPING LIKE I CAME HERE TO DO.
E-Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #11
mrmephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Warrior View Post
In the marketplace right now. CONVERSATING AND SHOPPING LIKE I CAME HERE TO DO.
Don't worry, I'll fix that tonight.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #12
E-Warrior
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Don't worry, I'll fix that tonight.

Might want to fix my Posting rules aswell. I can do EVERYTHING on this site but post a thread in the Market.

Honest newb is honest.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #13
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I got a point to bring up about the whole marketplace thing...you guys thought about it impacting the Vendors?!?! If I am a Vendor and I paid my dues but I dont have access to all the members on site, doesnt that seem kinda unfair?

Figured the real reason this came into effect is to keep the scammers out. Why cant we let folks access Marketplace to buy stuff but not to sell stuff?!?!

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:35 PM   #14
ludeboi

ludeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
oh well in tht case...hello everyone im new here! lol cant wait to be a proper member after 90 dayss
ludeboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:01 PM   #15
E-Warrior
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludeboi View Post
oh well in tht case...hello everyone im new here! lol cant wait to be a proper member after 90 dayss

WELCOME!!

On a side note I still have access to the marketplace. Am I special or something? I just cant make FS threads. I bought sideskirts last week
Old 06-22-2010, 12:34 AM   #16
mrmephistopheles

Nah, I screwed up in setting the permissions the other night, and after some discussion, we decided that these time periods wouldn't be ideal. We'll be rehashing things and then we'll get around to setting things up nice & proper.

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #17
sirfallsalot243
BANNED

sirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enough
I think this is a great idea, and I'd keep it 90 days. Whats holding you back from using those time periods? I think its a great way to weed out those that are here legitimately, and those that are here to sell their crap. Also helps prevent repeat offenders, and keeps out scammers.

To those who are bitching and moaning- look at the seller review forums- there are lots of people on Zilvia that have been ripped off.. if it were you, you'd want some stricter rules to prevent that from happening. The fact of the matter is, once youve been ripped, theres not much the Zilvia staff can do for you, short of banning the person who scammed you. This can actual hinder the process of getting your money back. Rather than being scammed and trying to get your money back, wouldnt it just be better not to lose it in the first place? If youre here for any reason other than selling, you shouldnt have a problem dealing with this minor inconvenience for the benefit of everyone on the forum.

Thumbs up to the Zilvia team.
sirfallsalot243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:09 AM   #18
US240MP

US240MP is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

I am new to this site but have had a couple 240s... I agree totally with keeping scammers out... Losing hard earned money sucks when you dont have a ton of it to begin with. I also agree with setting the permissions to purchase things at an entry level. Selling on the other hand should be reserved for people that are committed. What about people that sign up and get the premium service??? Can they have access to buy, maybe still not sell, but at least buy stuff... They are obviously interested in a commitment... thats my .02

US240MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:06 PM   #19
trapstar18
BANNED

trapstar18 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think you should make it so new members can at lest see the classifieds and buy shit. but still not be able to make classified threads for 90 days. its kinda retarded

logging off just to see whats for sale, writing down the sn, and logging back on and searching the user name to pm him. is getting pretty old.
trapstar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #20
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapstar18 View Post
i think you should make it so new members can at lest see the classifieds and buy shit. but still not be able to make classified threads for 90 days. its kinda retarded

logging off just to see whats for sale, writing down the sn, and logging back on and searching the user name to pm him. is getting pretty old.
No, we think you should take a hint that you are not welcomed here and stop coming back.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #21
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
lol, the ban hammer came down hard up in here.

Cheers to the new rules!
Old 07-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #22
psycodrifter

psycodrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapstar18 View Post

exactly cause if i need parts now from someone on here and i just got introduced to the site i cant get anything when i sign on it's a purchase not like im spamming , plus it doesnt say anything that lets you know these ruls it just says you arent allowed very retarded .
psycodrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:42 PM   #23
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Zilvia is not your only option for getting parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:57 PM   #24
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Awesome.

zilviaisawesometown
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #25
OneSicSilvia
Leaky Injector

OneSicSilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the point of a community not to share with the others? including parts and knowledge. Makes it tough to feed the fellow Nissan family members when ive got a virtual lock on my wallet. And yes there are other places to buy stuff, but if what I want is here...then why go else where. I can understand the lock out period for selling stuff to an extent, but, do what you gots to doooooo.
OneSicSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #26
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
One, we don't play well with others. Two, we don't need to be fed by n00bs. Someone else will buy the parts, so don't worry about that. Three, its a sign of respect to the veterans as we get first dibs.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:48 AM   #27
OneSicSilvia
Leaky Injector

OneSicSilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, thats the kind of attitude a forum doesnt need right there, you just said it. You want poople on the forum to respect you, hang here and what not. Being a D-bag isnt gonna get you any of that. Sorry man. I enjoy this forum alot. But that negative shit right there reminds me of the 240 nerds on Nico. Pay it forward bro, you want respect, you gotta give it lol.
OneSicSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #28
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Blame the scammers....
Old 09-07-2010, 03:08 AM   #29
Leroy_Stickshift

Leroy_Stickshift is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Leroy_Stickshift
hahahahaha, i've been searching for the damn marketplace, and i found this thread.

90 days eh?

fffffuuuuuuu, stupid people always gotta ruin shit for the good ones. ah well.

maybe an introduction message should be introduced to new members, as this is all news to me until i read this thread, all is well though.
Leroy_Stickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #30
Pignose Slider

Pignose Slider is an unknown quantity at this point
This helped. For a minute i was lost. Couldn't see the for sell ads.
Pignose Slider is offline   Reply With Quote