Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Era1 Product Review.

Been meaning to post this for a while just didn't have the time.

At the time of purchase Era1 had just started up it seemed and there wasn't really anybody running their parts. I was in the market for a new throttlebody and they had just released their 72mm Billet Aluminum throttle body for SR20 engines. I'll post some pics of the product and install now.

Pulled my motor a couple months ago, found out why my throttle body had begun sticking wide open after wot pulls and rev-it's. After seeing multiple threads about this happening to factory throttle bodies I think I am the lucky one that sucked the screw clean through the motor without causing any damage.

Yay presents!

Damn does this thing look pretty. Even came with nice quality stickers. The build quality of this piece is amazing. I tried and failed to find a single fault with the final product.

This is the back view of the piece bolted to the supplied adapter plate. This makes it so much easier to run a bigger throttle body without having to cut and weld a bigger flange to your pretty manifold. The ports are perfectly matched. Also the pulley itself is a great piece and works amazing. The spring is only slightly stiffer than factory and really feels good under the foot.

Era1 72mm Throttle body shown next to a factory redtop piece.

Here is the adapter plate bolted to my topspeed intake manifold (greddy style). You can really tell the size difference here. This is the perfect time to crack out a dremel or something and port match that manifold! All bolts and gaskets are supplied for installation.

All ready to go!

One thing of note. This throttle body DOES require an S14 sr20det throttle position sensor. The factory redtop sensor does not work. I meant to take a picture of the two sensors next to each other but I spaced it. The original redtop 3wire plug connects right to the s14 sensor so no wiring is required.

Overall this piece is really amazing in quality and I would recommend it to anybody looking for an alternative to a stock unit that is prone to snapping and the really expensive Tomei unit.

Special thanks to Jesse @ Era-1!

Era-1
[email protected]

They come in pretty colors!

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #2
Chaw wee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Chaw wee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wow looks great! I'll be purchasing one for my next SR build.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #3
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
this site needs more product reviews
Old 07-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #4
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Is there any power difference? If noticeable is it on low end, mid-range or top end?
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
AceUp
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
AceUp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
that looks like a legit replacement TB! i got monies on ur screw hanging out in ur IACV especially since you have the greddy style manifold. thats where mine ended up numerous times.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
I couldnt say on the power difference, I'm running s4 cams on a t25 so my motor gets real choked up in high rpm. I need to go bigger turbo bad lol.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
How much for the throttle body and also the sensor?
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

The throttle body is $280 on their website. As far as an s14 tps your best bet is to look for a used one.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #9
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
huffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Pick up Era-1 TB in black this week and gasket matched my intake to the 72mm. Extremely high quality TB!! I will post pics of final instal pics eventually.

huffandpuff00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #10
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Yes please post finished pics! I neglected to port match my manifold as I didn't have the tools to do it, I really should have it done
Old 02-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #11
Prok0
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Prok0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Prok0
We had a customer bring some of the Era1 spindles in to install on their car, and the quality was very good. The units seemed very solid, the casting was nice, and the fitment and install was pretty spot on.

The customer also seemed very happy with the increase in steering angle and response.

Overall I would say there stuff seems pretty awesome!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #12
208s14.5
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
208s14.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How would you say the throttle response is now with that stiffer spring in?
208s14.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #13
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

I wouldnt say its noticeably stiffer than stock. It definitely feels a lot better though. The throw of the pulley is different so it does seem a bit more sensitive which is good imo.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:00 AM   #14
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Figured I would post a little update. Took the manifold off tonight and port matched it finally. I had no idea how much the drivability would increase after removing that wall of material. It drives better in every way. Also I finally found that screw from my old throttle in my iacv valve haha.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #15
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i don't seem to find a vendor for era1 parts, and the site is down... are they still in business?
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #16
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I just checked, and their site works for me...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:32 PM   #17
G3nx09
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
G3nx09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i assume they no longer make TB any more?
G3nx09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:08 AM   #18
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Fairly sure they're long out of business.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:17 AM   #19
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
it looks like it. era1.com is a realtor site for houses in PA.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote