Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Wanted to Buy

Wanted to Buy Post your needs and wants here.

Old 08-10-2020, 12:43 AM   #1
240msh
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ISO: S14 Sr20det Cams/ Cam Caps with Bolts

As title says, looking for cam caps for as4 sr, also interested in cams!

Hmu! 7022170181
Old 08-10-2020, 04:04 AM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
99% sure cam caps are matching set to the head, cant swap them head to head or even positions on the head...
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:37 AM   #3
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
^^^^^ that is correct
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:14 AM   #4
2_Liter_Turbo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Technically you can line hone cam caps, but you will be removing material, so then you run into ensuring proper clearances with cam journals... lol.
Instagram: @SS.Maxey
2_Liter_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:39 AM   #5
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Wait.....you can't use con rod bearings to make the cams fit?!?!?

Mind fucking blowwnnnnnnn!!!
Old 08-10-2020, 07:02 AM   #6
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Liter_Turbo View Post
Technically you can line hone cam caps, but you will be removing material, so then you run into ensuring proper clearances with cam journals... lol.
which means-negative

Glad we cleared this up
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 10:52 PM   #7
240msh
Zilvia Member

240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known
I?m aware you can?t use them from head to head, was gonna get the head line honed. Still looking aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2021, 07:34 AM   #8
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I threw my stock sr cams in the trash lol. I didnt think anyone would want them. I have a set of brand new hks 262's if you're interested.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:51 AM   #9
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240msh View Post
I?m aware you can?t use them from head to head, was gonna get the head line honed. Still looking aswell

I don't think you can do that. There are tolerances for clearance, and as jr mentioned, once you remove material, then you better make sure the clearances are preserved are at the upper limit.

By the time you spend all that $$$$, you could have bought a head (or multiple heads for the machine work price point) and be done

After this long, buy a used head. You are wasting your time.....
Old 02-22-2021, 10:41 AM   #10
240msh
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
I don't think you can do that. There are tolerances for clearance, and as jr mentioned, once you remove material, then you better make sure the clearances are preserved are at the upper limit.

By the time you spend all that $$$$, you could have bought a head (or multiple heads for the machine work price point) and be done

After this long, buy a used head. You are wasting your time.....

Interesting, I mean makes sense I was always under impression you could tho maybe I?ll just ask my machine shop, if anything I?m down to buy someone?s complete head then lol