Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-30-2018, 06:41 PM   #1
PK2K

Trader Rating: (0)
PK2K is making his/her stupidity well-knownPK2K is making his/her stupidity well-knownPK2K is making his/her stupidity well-knownPK2K is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Possible S15 Drift Project? *Fingers Crossed*

Hey guys! I am looking to start a new drift project. I am shooting for an S15. My main question for you guys is: Can I import a car under 25 years old for track use only? I would NOT be driving it on the street, nor would I be registering it.

Now I have a few ideas on how to do it, especially if I'm never going to street drive it, I just wanted to get some other peoples opinion.
Any input is appreciated!!
Thanks!!
PK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2018, 06:45 PM   #2
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Contact Gary King JR on facebook. He has a S15 autech for sale. forgot for how much. 13k or so. already in california.

Non turbo

Pretty sure car has not been sold yet. car of course is not registerd

turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:39 PM   #3
PK2K

PK2K is making his/her stupidity well-knownPK2K is making his/her stupidity well-knownPK2K is making his/her stupidity well-knownPK2K is making his/her stupidity well-known
Thanks! That's absolutely gorgeous! I'll go find him.
Do you know how difficult a turbo kit for the SR20 is to install? I've never done forced induction on an SR
Old 09-30-2018, 07:40 PM   #4
PK2K

Also......Do I see a white r34 sedan in the back..? I need to check this guys inventory out...
Old 09-30-2018, 08:30 PM   #5
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK2K View Post
Also......Do I see a white r34 sedan in the back..? I need to check this guys inventory out...
It doesn't fucking matter. If they were brought here unregistered then they will never be legal in any way, shape, or form. It's the paperwork that's done when exiting the origin country/entering the destination country that matters. If this car isn't registered then even if you take it to the track you run the risk of it being seized.

Come on, guys. This is basic fucking math at this point. How are you gonna post a thread asking about doing this the right way then insinuate that you're going to go pay a dude that clearly has illegal cars? I mean I give you props for trying to do it right but be patient. Don't pay some cuck's mark-up for an illegal car.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:00 PM   #6
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
He doesn't care about it being legal being it's a track car.

Personally I wouldn't be worried getting a grey market car that's not in any us system taken away being it's not gonna hit the street.

What i would worry about are state tiled cars that aren't federally legal. U are in the system and I'm not willimg to take a risk a car that be taken away. I rather wait out a 100 percent legal s15(as far as road use)
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:09 PM   #7
PK2K

That's what I'm thinking. If it isn't in the system, then I am not worried. I won't take it on the street. Just trailer it to meets to smoke some tires
Old 09-30-2018, 10:58 PM   #8
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Just trailer it to meets to smoke some tires
....dude are you trying to be a walking contradiction?

I guess if you're not worried about spending $10k+ on an illegal car then go for it. Trailer it to a fucking meet and 'smoke tires' and see how long that works out.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:11 AM   #9
jdm_land
Leaky Injector

jdm_land is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
....dude are you trying to be a walking contradiction?

I guess if you're not worried about spending $10k+ on an illegal car then go for it. Trailer it to a fucking meet and 'smoke tires' and see how long that works out.
It will last 1 meet. Cops show up arrest them for reckless driving and impound the car.
jdm_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:23 AM   #10
PK2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm_land View Post
It will last 1 meet. Cops show up arrest them for reckless driving and impound the car.

Why would it be reckless? Its on a closed track during a planned and approved event. Reckless isn't a factor...
These events happen all across the country
Old 10-01-2018, 09:46 AM   #11
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
I won't take it on the street. Just trailer it to meets to smoke some tires
This is what he is referring to... Not your track days bro. Let me be as clear as possible, A grey market car It's NOT a good idea.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:31 AM   #12
PK2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
This is what he is referring to... Not your track days bro. Let me be as clear as possible, A grey market car It's NOT a good idea.
I know it isn't the best idea. But I mean, in an enclosed trailer, not much can happen. Think about it this way, Formula Drift cars are far from street legal as well, yet they are trailered just fine.

I know there's risk to it, but I am considering it
Old 10-01-2018, 10:33 AM   #13
PK2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
There's a chance I may go s14 for now, but I am considering the s15
Old 10-01-2018, 10:47 AM   #14
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
You lost me at trailering to a meet and smoking them up. Do you vape bro??

Nothing about a parking lot of Wendys @ 2 AM in the morning screams "closed track" or "happening all over the country (legally)!" Unless you aren't being serious.

There are numerous grey market/strictly track cars out there. But what you are attempting to do.........well, goodluck!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:53 AM   #15
PK2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
You lost me at trailering to a meet and smoking them up. Do you vape bro??

Nothing about a parking lot of Wendys @ 2 AM in the morning screams "closed track" or "happening all over the country (legally)!" Unless you aren't being serious.

There are numerous grey market/strictly track cars out there. But what you are attempting to do.........well, goodluck!
The only thing I would do is bring it to a track. I don't know where I misspoke there. It would be solely for official, on-track, drift meets and/or small competitions

There would be absolutely no "Parking-lot at Wendy's" Ever in this car. I would not be risking anything on public property
Old 10-01-2018, 11:14 AM   #16
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
In that case. I don't see why not.

Not as easy as you think to get one over here however. Nut would be cool to see a S15 not drifted and wrecked.

Personally, not worth the hassle of a drift only car. Body parts are stateside but expensive for examples

Do yourself a favor and buy a prepped S14. Considering you're asking this question, I can only assume your limited experience level

On the other hand, the S15 posted a ove looks cool. That would be the easy button solution IMHO
Old 10-01-2018, 11:29 AM   #17
PK2K

Quote:
In that case. I don't see why not.

Not as easy as you think to get one over here however. Nut would be cool to see a S15 not drifted and wrecked.

Personally, not worth the hassle of a drift only car. Body parts are stateside but expensive for examples

Do yourself a favor and buy a prepped S14. Considering you're asking this question, I can only assume your limited experience level

On the other hand, the S15 posted a ove looks cool. That would be the easy button solution IMHO

Yeah I am definitely considering a good S14 for now. I have only drifted low powered s13's. I am no doubt lower experience level. I only have around 6 hours of true seat time. If I get an s14 or an r32 GTS (there are a few good examples for cheap near me) I can then street drive it between events if I need or want to
Old 10-01-2018, 11:43 AM   #18
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Don't get any car you cannot readily get parts for to drift. That is incredibly foolish.......

I think you are looking in all the wrong places in all honesty. 6 hours of seat time and all that......

Get yourself a missile. Go to a bunch of events. Wreck a shit ton. Rinse and repeat.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:55 AM   #19
PK2K

Quote:
Don't get any car you cannot readily get parts for to drift. That is incredibly foolish.......

I think you are looking in all the wrong places in all honesty. 6 hours of seat time and all that......

Get yourself a missile. Go to a bunch of events. Wreck a shit ton. Rinse and repeat.

Sounds good to me. I could always get an s13 and make it an absolute drift missile, but everyone runs s13s at events
Old 10-01-2018, 12:54 PM   #20
jdm_land
Leaky Injector

jdm_land is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Why would it be reckless? Its on a closed track during a planned and approved event. Reckless isn't a factor...
These events happen all across the country

I’m referring to car meets at your local grocery store or sonic.
jdm_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:17 PM   #21
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Sounds good to me. I could always get an s13 and make it an absolute drift missile, but everyone runs s13s at events
Can you explain to me why it matters what other people drive??

You need seat time right?? You need something which works right?? Wanna know the reason(s) people drive S13s?? Because it works, is cheap and parts are readily available.

You want to know why people don't drive S15s?? The exact opposite of the reasons why people drive S13s.

Do as you please, but it seems you need to take a step back for self and situational evaluation........

Goodluck.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #22
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ya'll are being wayyyyy too nice to someone who wants to do grey market car burnouts on a trailer. disappointed in you zilvia.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:38 PM   #23
PK2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
ya'll are being wayyyyy too nice to someone who wants to do grey market car burnouts on a trailer. disappointed in you zilvia.
This makes no sense. I was simply wanting to use a grey market car solely for a car to use in approved, closed-track, drift events.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:07 PM   #24
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
This makes no sense. I was simply wanting to use a grey market car solely for a car to use in approved, closed-track, drift events.
I don't think you realize how stupid you sound describing what you plan on doing with this sketch ass grey market car. If all you wanna do is drift and improve, do us a favor and go pick up a shitstang and learn with that. No point in importing something if you're just going to wreck it "learning to do mad skids brov."
Cheap and simple = moar seat time
Old 10-01-2018, 09:42 PM   #25
izzy-
Zilvia Member

izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
It doesn't fucking matter. If they were brought here unregistered then they will never be legal in any way, shape, or form. It's the paperwork that's done when exiting the origin country/entering the destination country that matters. If this car isn't registered then even if you take it to the track you run the risk of it being seized.

Come on, guys. This is basic fucking math at this point. How are you gonna post a thread asking about doing this the right way then insinuate that you're going to go pay a dude that clearly has illegal cars? I mean I give you props for trying to do it right but be patient. Don't pay some cuck's mark-up for an illegal car.
Would someone seriously interested in buying one ask these basic already answered questions?? I dont think so.
izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:50 PM   #26
s14gmo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
s14gmo will become famous soon enoughs14gmo will become famous soon enoughs14gmo will become famous soon enoughs14gmo will become famous soon enoughs14gmo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Shut this thread down people have asked these questions time and time again do some research before making a thread OP.
s14gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:22 PM   #27
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
man zilvia is POPPIN today
Old 10-02-2018, 06:52 AM   #28
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
Quote:
That's what I'm thinking. If it isn't in the system, then I am not worried. I won't take it on the street. Just trailer it to meets to smoke some tires
Please just shut the fuck up , this thread is fucking dumb like the OP lock this shit up
Old 10-02-2018, 08:58 AM   #29
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough

Thought this was the DIW thread for a sec.
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:12 AM   #30
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
why are we having this thread AGAIN???

seriously this shit gets asked every month.

stop trying to make Zilvia into your local shitty facebook group

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote