Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-27-2020, 03:01 PM   #31
hiimelvin

Trader Rating: (3)
hiimelvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
What's up with the door panels, dash, and center console taking up so much interior space? Good luck putting a roll cage in that thing.

Also, what is that notch in the driver's seat beside the hand brake?
Looks like heated/cooled seat switch.
hiimelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2020, 12:52 PM   #32
Abeo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Abeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I like the interior. The exterior is too plain for me to form an opinion on whether it looks good or ugly... it looks like a generic sports car that the bank would photoshop into their ads.
Agree on the color choice being poo as well. I know it's a throwback, but it isn't doing it any favors on showing off the shape.
Abeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:37 AM   #33
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The new Z proto is awesome in my opinion. near perfect execution, it actually looks like a Z!
I gotta hand it to Nissan for developing this car at a time when everything is going electric, this will probably be the last Z as we know it!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGM3JFnn..._web_copy_link
Old 10-16-2020, 05:07 AM   #34
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Yea, nissans not producing a car close to that ride height or wheel fitment lol
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:44 PM   #35
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^^^^Exactly that would be a wide body kit, coils, fender mirrors etc..
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 02:53 PM   #36
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
https://youtu.be/P6ZTrUBb_8M&fs=1" width="644" height="390">https://youtu.be/P6ZTrUBb_8M&fs=1" />https://youtu.be/P6ZTrUBb_8M">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://youtu.be/P6ZTrUBb_8M

Very interesting video.

Some keen eye experts closer examine the Z Proto.

Looking at wheelbase and suspension parts and chassis points. All looking like they're the same, if not very similar to the 370Z.

Is it just a revised Z34?

I suppose being a 'prototype' it makes sense to use the z34 chassis to showcase the car. But when the Nissan team say this is basically how the production version will look then it makes you wonder.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:56 PM   #37
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
^ Thats the easiest and cheapest way for nissan to bring this to market
Old 10-25-2020, 03:10 PM   #38
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
^ Thats the easiest and cheapest way for nissan to bring this to market
Agreed! I think i said it in the OP but I really admire Nissan for even bringing this car out in the first place. Everyone is aware of their financial status so for them to do this at all is great.

I'm just happy it's a Nissan rwd sports car to be honest.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:45 PM   #39
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
Is it just a revised Z34?
this is beyond evident. its just using the exterior body proportions in a much more efficient and aesthetically pleasing manner. the interior is also very close, but again, laid out in a much more efficient and aesthetically pleasing manner.

oh yeah, then theres the case of the motor finally being twin turbo.

basically, Nissan took the FM platform and FINALLY made it worthwhile and pleasing in every aspect possible!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:19 AM   #40
gabefromcali
Leaky Injector

gabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to all
I think it looks great in the modified version renderings. In factory trim its ok. It just goes to show how well this car CAN look though.
gabefromcali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 04:45 PM   #41
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Nissan took the Z Proto to Magnus Walker's place. So it's officially stateside now.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 10:07 AM   #42
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNV-7pP_2cU
Old 10-31-2020, 05:01 PM   #43
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
I like how it looks... better front bumper would tie it together.. that would work for me.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 06:16 PM   #44
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
its ugly and cool all at the same time!
Old 11-01-2020, 05:43 AM   #45
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
cool video...i really wish the car wasn't yellow. so many of the body lines and features get washed out in that color. I'm sure in person it's a different story, but in pictures and video it falls flat and it all blends together. I wish they picked a color with more flop to show off the lines.
Old 11-03-2020, 05:02 PM   #46
S14rebuild
BANNED

Yellow ones, front bumper looks like a lambo body kit
Old 01-14-2021, 10:22 PM   #47
merlz
Zilvia Member

So official patent images were revealed showing the finished production body style. Looks basically identical to the Z concept.

Old 01-17-2021, 09:46 AM   #48
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
aaaaand the countdown to mass sale of failed 240sx projects starts - NOW!

cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 07:53 PM   #49
merlz
Zilvia Member

It's finally here ladies and gents.
Toyota is going to have a problem selling Supra's now I think. Price point to power ratio just seems to good with obviously the manual option as well.

Old 08-18-2021, 07:09 AM   #50
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I have no complaints about the interior. I really would like to pick up one of these in a year or two. I don't trust Nissan enough for a first run car even with an already used engine and manual trans.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 07:57 AM   #51
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Wrap that silver roof accent black, put some sideskirts on that don't give it that 'pinched waist' look, and a G-nose style front bumper, and I think it'll look genuinely cool.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:08 AM   #52
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
i think add badging and turn signals to the fenders and will help some of the prior comments...would be cool to have the fender mirrors as an option, hopefully we dont see some of the other classic 70s an 80s browns, greens etc as options lol, i to like it, just needs at least 1 more cupholder.

As far as originality goes, theres so much lack of that everywhere...movies, tv shows etc...this i feel captures the 240z look very well unlike the mustangs and chargers...plus a decent powertrain and manual option!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:22 AM   #53
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
rwd, ICE, a real manual and an affordable price. That's more than enough in today's world. U guys unafraid of debt or with deep pockets please keep them off the showrooms!!
Old 08-18-2021, 10:08 AM   #54
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
One thing I noticed during the 'reveal', there was a boost gauge on the digital instrument cluster(customizable?), then a boost gauge and turbo tach on the dash along with a water temp gauge. Why no oil pressure or oil temp?

Cool car. I want one but, I can't plunk down 40k for one.
Old 08-18-2021, 11:10 AM   #55
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
One thing I noticed during the 'reveal', there was a boost gauge on the digital instrument cluster(customizable?), then a boost gauge and turbo tach on the dash along with a water temp gauge. Why no oil pressure or oil temp?

Cool car. I want one but, I can't plunk down 40k for one.
you mean why no analog oil pressure/temp? They had it on the digital screen, maybe that's why.

also, maybe it'll come later in a different trim. im actually mildly interested in buying one but would prefer a 2nd year over a 1st year.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:36 AM   #56
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
aaaaand the countdown to mass sale of failed 240sx projects starts - NOW!
Nah, I see more Z33 and Z34s getting dumped on the market TBH.

That's ok, I need some more cheap track cars.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:04 PM   #57
inferno s14
Zilvia Junkie

inferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
the demand is gon be crazy
inferno s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 02:00 PM   #58
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Hard pass on this one
Old 08-18-2021, 03:01 PM   #59
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
you mean why no analog oil pressure/temp? They had it on the digital screen, maybe that's why.
last picture in this post clearly shows the two gauges in question. closest to the tach so it's clearly the most important secondary gauges.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSsp-_QgKhj/

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 03:59 PM   #60
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
just needs at least 1 more cupholder.
it's got like 4 cupholders how many water bottles do you need?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote