Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-31-2013, 04:48 PM   #31
801nismo104
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
801nismo104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
+1 great guy and answers questions pretty quick. car runs great.
801nismo104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 09:51 PM   #32
drifter92
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
drifter92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Martin just sent me a new tune after we did all we could think of to try and fix my slightly lean under boost issue, no money exchanged for the new tune, he always sends me prepaid envelopes and trusts that i will always send him what is his and not try to keep it and screw him over.
Great guy, great service.

+1 for Martin
drifter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:10 PM   #33
WESamiss
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
WESamiss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why not just spend the 30 more bucks and get a Megasquirt DIYPNP ecu? You can tune yourself and tons more upgrade options, without having to send in the ecu everytime you wanna change something. Just an honest question. Its the idea floating around in my head also, I'm leaning toward the MS but highly considering Enthalpy.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:26 PM   #34
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WESamiss View Post
Why not just spend the 30 more bucks and get a Megasquirt DIYPNP ecu? You can tune yourself and tons more upgrade options, without having to send in the ecu everytime you wanna change something. Just an honest question. Its the idea floating around in my head also, I'm leaning toward the MS but highly considering Enthalpy.
it's only $150. how much does megasquirt cost?
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #35
drifter92
Nissanaholic!

Just installed my re-tune Martin sent me, its perfect now. AFR's stay between 11.3 and 12.0. Martin was a great help to me with my KA-T setup and is a really legit guy to deal with. His tune has my KA running better & smoother than a bone stock KA with a stock ECU.

+1 for R.S. Enthalpy
Old 02-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #36
dr.klawn
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
dr.klawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i've had nothing but bad luck with mine. the 1st ecu he sent me i wasn't even able to tune it, it was like i was "locked" out so i had to take out the ecu, send it back, wait over a month again. since i've gotten my new 1 back it's been worse then the 1st 1. starting @4krpms it dips into the 9's & stays there thru the pull!! hate it & want it gone. first chance i get i'm yanking it out & getting a refund.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #37
drifter92
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.klawn View Post
i've had nothing but bad luck with mine. the 1st ecu he sent me i wasn't even able to tune it, it was like i was "locked" out so i had to take out the ecu, send it back, wait over a month again. since i've gotten my new 1 back it's been worse then the 1st 1. starting @4krpms it dips into the 9's & stays there thru the pull!! hate it & want it gone. first chance i get i'm yanking it out & getting a refund.

It's not always the tune man, it could be anything on your car or engine causing that... Or just a bad wideband reading
Old 02-15-2013, 12:09 AM   #38
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
^^^^^ Very true.
I've been considering RS for mine as well, and Martin has been awesome, taking time to answer all my questions. It's only $150 after your initial tune, if you change your setup and want him to re-tune. Plus he offers the tech support. I haven't paid him a dime yet and he has been more than happy to help me with questions, even not pertaining to my own setup.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:24 AM   #39
dr.klawn
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter92 View Post
It's not always the tune man, it could be anything on your car or engine causing that... Or just a bad wideband reading
I agree, but not in this case. All sensors check out & my wideband only goes to 10.0, this is the wideband on the dyno. it showed 9.1
Old 02-15-2013, 12:36 AM   #40
dr.klawn
Leaky Injector

17psi on a t3t4 .50 trim
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 2.bmp (499.6 KB, 97 views)
Old 02-21-2013, 12:18 AM   #41
yogikon218

yogikon218 is an unknown quantity at this point
Really glad I found this thread. Thank search function. Got my s14 almost a month ago with an SR in it. Been considering what kind of tune to do. Thank to everybody for their positives feedback on the RS Enthalpy tune. Looking forward to be doing this soon.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #42
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
I don't do tuned or burnt rom. I refer people who want this service to Enthalpy.
I do create custom maps for the PFC, AEM and Haltech as well as other re-programmable units (including timing maps for Tuner Pro and Nis-Tune units remotely as well) But for actual burning of rom onto the stock Nissan Boards I recommend Scott. He's a great guy.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #43
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I was told RS was sold to a new company, maybe Z-Fever! Anyone else know if Martin is still runing strong?
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #44
Tom N
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Tom N is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
RS-Enthalpy is Martin.
Martin took over Enthalpy from Scott several years ago.
If you are in the Tampa Area martin will do the Tune AT Z-Fever on their dyno but Martin ( RS-Enthalpy ) is seperate from Z-Fever.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #45
R.S. Enthalpy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
R.S. Enthalpy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jdm4you View Post
The worst service I have ever had to be honest. Never responds back to emails, bought a used ecu and it didn't work. Send my only good ecu in and after he gets it tells me I have to pay him and it is not under waranty which he said it was in my email. So now I'm out 30 dollars on shipping and have 2 ecu's in his possession and my car is stuck sitting. All in all if you buy from rs enthalpy you will get shitty service, jipped out of cash, and if the ecu even works a good tune. I will never do business with Martin again.
Customer bought a second hand ecu from a shop. I told him that it was under warranty if it was a problem with the board. The whole ecu was shorted from previous owner. Transfered board into his other ecu and let him have it back because he was stuck without a car and would not have funds to pay until next paycheck.

I will post email exhanges if he does not get around to fixing this post.

Martin
R.S. Enthalpy
R.S. Enthalpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #46
R.S. Enthalpy
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.klawn View Post

Who are you and who did you buy the ecu from ? 1 month ? I work on 24 hour turnaround time.

I will post all email exchanges between me and you as soon as I can put a email with the issue. I will also post all shipping recepit confirmations to and from so that we are clear on the timeline as well.

EDIT

I figured out who you are from one of your old posts. I will copy and paste our email exchanges below ... these few pointers about our conversation.

1. I responded to everyone of your emails either day of or within 24 hours.
2. I called you trying to diagnose your problem.
3. I ran your ecu on a car when you sent in the ecu to be checked out. I am uploading this to youtube right now.
4. I sent back your ecu the day after you responded to my email about verifying the tune. (I asked on 8/28 - you responded on 9/3 - I sent on morning of 9/5) USPS tracking # 9405 5036 9930 0128 6678 94 - see dates below in the email exchanges.
5. Look at 12/14 - Since we exhausted every option on my end in helping your problem I offered a refund A YEAR LATER. Who does that ? Even though your ecu ran correctly here on a car and I offered to fix your car for free if you ever brought it down here.

I take my reputation very seriously and I stand behing my product. If you are not happy, send it back or find a way of getting your car here and I guarantee you that it will run perfectly when it leaves.

Please read the last 2 emails. I offered you a refund. I offered to work on your car for free, and you come one here and do this.

Emails begin

8/6/12
Hello sir, my name is xxxxxxxxxxxx and I am a customer of yours since sometime last year. I ordered my new tune after sampling a few of your tunes for other customers vehicles on my car, with great sucess! I was very excited to use your product until i recieved mine in the mail. Since I have installed my ECU it has been nothing but a headache. I have contacted Martin on a few occasions, but I am asked for some sort of video or something showing what is going on with my vehicle. Obtaining such evidence is very difficult and I have not been able to "captue" what it is I need to show you. From the time the vehicle is cranked, it begins a steady decline to the rich side until it reaches dead rich! not great for fuel economy at all or spark plugs. It runs very rich the entire time until it begins it's lean out once a steady throttle is reached. I have had no problems adjusting the other ECU's with an SAFC, but for some reason i am "locked out" of my ECU. I have let a few shops(friends) look at the vehicle but no one can seem to access any results from my setup. PLEASE help!! Is there anyway a reflash can done or another chip made for me to try again? This has not worked since I recieved it last year and I have been in contact. Please let me know something. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

8/712
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your car. We are always here to help, so lets get this figured out.

Can you do the most basic thing for me please and check the ecu for codes :
http://rs-enthalpy.com/faq.html

Let me know what you find. We can always send you a test ecu to rule out the possiblity of the one you have being bad.

Martin
R.S. Enthalpy

8/8/12
Codes were checked first. You and I have spoken several times since I recieved my ECU. The problem is that it is non-adjustable. I have a "blow-thru" setup with my MAF and something is not right. Every other ECU of yours that I have tried I have had no problems with. I will gladly send my entire ECU back for you to examine. I can also be contacted at xxxxxxx
thanks!

8/8/12
xxxxxxn,
Shoot it over to me and I will get on it same day.

R.S. Enthalpy
1971 W. Lumsden Rd. Suite 366
Brandon FL 33511

You can always call me if you would like

8/15/12
Hey Martin,
My ECU is on it's way to you. Should be there on Friday. The main question I have for you is: is the something different in the set-up that you do for a blow-thru set-up vs. draw-thru?? The reason I ask is because I'm currently running blow-thru. Again, thatnks for any help.

ECU Actually arrives

8/28/12
xxxxx,
When you get a chance, shoot me over the specs of your car and I will send you out a ecu. Hope you made it good through the hurrine.

9/3/12
Yeah man I made it through pretty well thanks.
My setup is pretty simple
Sr20det s13 blacktop
greddy intake manifold
N62 maf
FMIC
precision 760cc topfeed injectors
Mazworks topmount exhibit manifold
Atmospheric wastegate
T3/t4 .50 trim journal bearing
Full 3" exhaust no cat
You set an 8k rpm rev limiter for me last time
Thanks man! Let me know if u need my address

9/5/12
Do you think you will be able to get that out today or tomorrow??

9/5/12 ECU is shipped
USPS tracking # 9405 5036 9930 0128 6678 94

9/25/12
xxxxx,
Have not heard back from you on the ecu... are you still experiencing problems, or is everything ok ?

11/6/12
holy crap, how did this get by me?? I have been meaning to get back with you. the idle issue has been corrected some, it stays around 12.5ish now when warmed up. the overall issue has gotten a little worse though. now any kind of throttle puts me at 10.0. anything less than what feels like 10% throttle gets me closer to stoichometric, more than 10% just dumps rich again

11/7/12

xxxxx,
Lets recap then... are you runing blow through or suck through on the air flow meter ?
Can you cap your bov ? Sounds like it might be sticking open.

We go back and forth for 11 emails crossing off a few items.

Last emails on 11/7/12

You wrote..

I'll have to double check, but I know it stays at 10 for the most part then might start to lean out at the end. Like I said I would have to double check

11/12
xxxx
Just wondering if you had a chance to check out the condition, like you said in your last email.

12/14/12
Sorry for the delay, Martin. There are not too many roads in this city to really try that on but I did have the opportunity to take it on a road trip. After cleaning the MAF, & changing the plugs I was able to get a see clearly what's happening. At any throttle above 40% it goes to 10.0! no matter what. cruising around town at 2500rpm's I'm looking at mid 11's to low 12's. WOT is nothing but 10.0 and never leans out. Even on the interstate it's rich as can be during cruise around 70MPH.
But what really has me unhappy is the fact that for the last couple weeks low speed driving around town, it's running so rich that it loads up & spits & sputters & leaves me stranded in the middle of the road or intersection. the wideband is as 10.0 at 1k rpm & i'm a sitting duck. I don't want to be a hard ass, but maybe your product is not for me since I have had issies since day #1. I can't say that I am thrilled about this because I had always looked forward to using your services. Maybe we should discuss a possible refund or something. I am so unhappy to the point I don't want any of it.

12/14/12
xxxxxxx,
Sorry to hear you are still having issues. I do understand that you are frustrated and stand behind my product even if you would like a refund. I do want you to understand though that if the problem is with your setup / car, no matter what path you choose for tuning, you will be back at square one. I have no problem taking back my ecu and giving you a full refund, but I would like for you to seal the ecu so that when I get it in my hands I can not open it and make changes to it in any way without it being visually evident. At that point I will install it on a car with your exact setup and provide you with a video showing the car working propoerly on a dyno with a AFR readout.
I have no problem going to these lengths because even if you do not want to run our ecu, at least you will see that this was not the fault, and like I said previously I do not ever want to leave a customer angry.
This is why I also offer to look at and fix anyone's car for free that runs my ecu but has problem.

Let me know what you would like to do, and I will gladly comply. If you would like to send it in and see it working properly before making a decision on a refund, that is totally ok with me as well.

Martin

12/14/12
I am just kind of lost at this point. And please understand I still support you guys and send everyone I know doing SR or Ka-t swaps your way, I just think my car hates me. To be honest I want to drive to freaking Tampa & pay u to tune it.

Last edited by R.S. Enthalpy; 02-26-2013 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: Response
Old 02-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #47
R.S. Enthalpy
Leaky Injector

Response

Quote:
The worst service I have ever had to be honest. Never responds back to emails, bought a used ecu and it didn't work. Send my only good ecu in and after he gets it tells me I have to pay him and it is not under waranty which he said it was in my email. So now I'm out 30 dollars on shipping and have 2 ecu's in his possession and my car is stuck sitting. All in all if you buy from rs enthalpy you will get shitty service, jipped out of cash, and if the ecu even works a good tune. I will never do business with Martin again.

Since this was not addressed I will attach our txts below.

I told customer that any problems with our tunes are covered. ECU came in with burned MAF pin. Customer then said he bought a bad ecu from a shop second hand.

Customer said he was low on funds.. Mailed him his ecu without payment because everyone has been there and he was stuck without a car... going to school etc.

See below.
Attached Images
File Type: png SC20130226-233609.png (85.0 KB, 90 views)
File Type: png SC20130226-233627.png (80.4 KB, 76 views)
File Type: png SC20130226-233633.png (92.1 KB, 75 views)
File Type: png SC20130226-233639.png (90.7 KB, 72 views)
File Type: png SC20130226-233643.png (89.5 KB, 76 views)
File Type: png SC20130226-233651.png (81.4 KB, 78 views)
Old 02-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #48
smoketherear
Zilvia Member

smoketherear is an unknown quantity at this point
Martin is good people, and very patient. Ive emailed him countless times asking question after question, and no hesitations and quick responses. Cant wait to pick up the last remianing bits for my ka-t and give him a call
smoketherear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #49
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

I'll be getting a tune from you guys when I get my stuff done.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #50
R.S. Enthalpy
Leaky Injector

Thank you. I am not trying to burn anybody but when customers get frustrated with their situations and car's they sometimes easily loose track of the chain of events that got them there and ultimately blame the tune, since that is the thing that makes their motor run.
The ecu will only run as good as the rest of the setup. If there is a problem with the motor / setup, no ecu in the world will make it run right. Slandering my company out of frustration will get you no where, because I treat everyone with the absolute utmost respect and tend to everyone's problems, even though 99% of them have nothing to do with the tune.... and email trails don't lie.

Martin
R.S. Enthalpy
Old 02-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #51
drifter92
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.S. Enthalpy View Post
Thank you. I am not trying to burn anybody but when customers get frustrated with their situations and car's they sometimes easily loose track of the chain of events that got them there and ultimately blame the tune, since that is the thing that makes their motor run.
The ecu will only run as good as the rest of the setup. If there is a problem with the motor / setup, no ecu in the world will make it run right. Slandering my company out of frustration will get you no where, because I treat everyone with the absolute utmost respect and tend to everyone's problems, even though 99% of them have nothing to do with the tune.... and email trails don't lie.

Martin
R.S. Enthalpy

Hell yea lol

Martin, I am Dean Chinowith
Old 03-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #52
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
helped me a lot, even called with ideas for problems, tuned 4 different ecus for me, been a good run, hope this last one is icing, with my new wiring harness.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #53
miggy20
Leaky Injector

miggy20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Martin. Is a rare find in customer service. And tunning expertise. I called him on a day, when they had a hurricane blow by. And he had time to call and do business. That was enough proof that he cares about his business.
I've purchased their WC sr20det tune. And can't wait to have my kouki on the road soon.

Rs enthalpy rocks! !!!!!
miggy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #54
Tom N
Zilvia Addict

Tom N is an unknown quantity at this point
Martin with out a doubt has first class customer service.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #55
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
I've never had an issue running an Enthalpy tune.

I always have and always will suggest it to anyone.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #56
Turb0wned
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Turb0wned is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Never had a problem back when I ran it. Planning on running it again on this car. I actually emailed him a few days ago around 10pm and 10 mins later got an email back.
Turb0wned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #57
shift_down
Zilvia Junkie

shift_down is an unknown quantity at this point
Martin is super legit. Very helpful, and always going that extra 2 steps to make customers happy.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #58
NEdriftah
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
NEdriftah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Interesting reading here. I have not purchased a tune from Martin yet, but I will soon for my KA-t setup. He has answered all my questions from BOV recirc, to running 248 hot cams. He is very patient, and looks out for his customers. I have told friends about his customer service, That's just how solid this dude is.
NEdriftah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #59
AJZax
Leaky Injector

AJZax is an unknown quantity at this point
Martin does TOP notch tuning, and is respected around the nation. He's also one of the nicest and most patient guys in the industry.
I'm personally running an enthalpy rom-tune on E85 500whp built SR. Running just the ROM-tune for now and it's making 11.5 AFRs consistently across the board, on boost, with this brand new build. Martin also is SUPER helpful and true WHIZ with cars.

If anyone's in WA state or NW region wants RS-Enthalpy dyno-tuning from Martin we will be doing another dyno-day for all enthalpy tuned cars!! If you have any specific questions on the tune feel free to ask me, I've been collaborating with RS-Enthalpy for a couple years.

One local guy sold AEM series 2 for an enthalpy tune
Another 2 ditched Nistune
Buddy did GTiR T28 KA-T
JWT KA-T tuned guy is switching to enthalpy tune next session (GT35 setup)
ALL are happy.
Oh and I'm happy too lol.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #60
corby_baby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
corby_baby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Kinda smiliar to the guy above, bought a car with a wacky enthalphy ecu. Emailed martin to see if he could take a look at it for me so i sent him a stock ecu and enthaphy ecu. Turns out the previous owner tried to jump the ecu to "fix" a problem and fried the whole thing (car would stay on with key out of ignitions, ect...).

Martin diagnosed the problem, moved chip to another ecu and verified it worked, and was very responsive the entire time. Not only that he did not charge me a dime for the time he put into it and fixing the issue. Only paid for postage both ways. Pretty badass guy in my book, thanks for standing behind your product!

Ohh yeah, my tune is pretty much spot on for a mail order tune. Cant be happier.
corby_baby is offline   Reply With Quote