Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
Brentbohn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Brentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Exclamation Join the pettition to correct KBB.com on 240sx values

LOW BALLERS NEED NOT APPLY.

I was disgusted in the reflection of values on kbb.com when it came to all 240sx's on there... this does a few negative things for our community at large. First it sets the idea that insurance can pay out less in the event of an accident, secondly it allows non owners to low ball your cars price before you even put it up for sale. Lastly it forces would be sellers to accept even less for their hard work.

I propose that we as a community go to kbb.com and click on contact. Submit a complaint on actual private party value of your car and what it should be...

I have already done this multiple times and have got generic responses....

Wanted: Good well mannered athletic woman with her own classic or sports car.... send photo of car
Brentbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
TeamFRAT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
TeamFRAT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
People still use KBB as a standard of haggling?

ha...
TeamFRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Waste of time. Should have bought a Porsche, if you get in an accident hire a lawyer. Simple
Old 01-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
Brentbohn
Zilvia Junkie

Brentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choices
Well this did happen to the 3000gt/stealth communities in the past 4 years they saw more than a 50% value drop from what I have heard.... Things do decline in value but it would seem that our pride has taken an unjust hit in the past few years... kouki's for 3k and s13's for less than 1k seems really terrible unless your the one purchasing it... lets try

Wanted: Good well mannered athletic woman with her own classic or sports car.... send photo of car
Old 01-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
My late 90's nissan is worth a fortune.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #6
Audios
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Audios is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrftKingIII View Post
My late 90's nissan is worth a fortune.
lol QFT, they are priced accordingly they wouldn't be so rare if so many idiots didn't drift them into walls. Its an old ass nissan and nothing more.
Audios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I only paid 3k for my Kouki? So......stop crying.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
shoguner
Zilvia Junkie

shoguner is an unknown quantity at this point
beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Someone might think a 240 is worth its weight in gold. but all in all its just a 20 year old pile of metal.
shoguner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #9
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
so where's this almighty 'petition' you speak of?

also, how much do you expect 14+ year old cars to cost? The S-chassis is no high end car like mentioned earlier.

KBB for a 98 Supra TT in 'excellent' condition from a private seller is less than $20K. Find me one that's in excellent condition selling for that price.

KBB doesn't give a shit about supply and demand and other variable factors like drift tax.

The older the car, the lower the KBB value. I think it's what they call...depreciation?

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #10
epson1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (-1)
epson1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post

also, how much do you expect 14+ year old cars to cost? The S-chassis is no high end car like mentioned earlier.

KBB for a 98 Supra TT in 'excellent' condition from a private seller is less than $20K. Find me one that's in excellent condition selling for that price.

KBB doesn't give a shit about supply and demand and other variable factors like drift tax.

The older the car, the lower the KBB value. I think it's what they call...depreciation?
You're fucking stupid. 98 supra booking for less than 20? they book for 39,000 in good condition with 55,000 miles. that sounds about right. go KBB it right now and come back and complain. Waaaa my 1990 nissan hatchback books for 1500$. yeah that sounds about right. KBB isn't going to take into account for mad tyte JDM Aero or -52 offset wheels you moron.
epson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #11
DustinSixOh9
Zilvia Junkie

DustinSixOh9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wait you mean to tell me my 20 year old economy car isn't worth $10,000?! Bummer.
DustinSixOh9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #12
Chronicle
Leaky Injector

Chronicle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinSixOh9 View Post
Wait you mean to tell me my 20 year old economy car isn't worth $10,000?! Bummer.
Exactly. The biggest problem with someone looking to enter the S-chassis world is how SO many people put unnecessary "drift taxes" on cars. The first 240 I looked at was an S13. It was a 91 coupe 5 speed with 120k miles. It suffered shit tons of dents and paint scratches. The clutch, brakes and starter didn't work, and they wanted $1500 for it. The second car I looked at (and bought) was a 96 Zenki 5 speed. 261k, (original engine and trans) Clean interior, the only problems were all four tires were bald, the rear shocks were completely blown, and the paint was fading. $1450 and I drove it home 120 miles away.

Moral of the story? Going sideways doesn't cost much to do, and cars capable of doing so don't deserve a premium.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #13
S141S

Trader Rating: (0)
S141S is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post

kbb obv doesn't give a fuck about mods either.
S141S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #14
chwks13
Leaky Injector

chwks13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wahh wahh. Buy a vehicle actually worth something. The reality of it is s13's are 20 years old and not exactly rare.
chwks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #15
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
If it isn't a collectors car it's not going to appreciate, if you were looking for an investment you should've bought something older and less build numbers on them. 240's are cheap for a reason, they aren't very spectacular to anyone but the people interested in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #16
Brentbohn
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
If it isn't a collectors car it's not going to appreciate, if you were looking for an investment you should've bought something older and less build numbers on them. 240's are cheap for a reason, they aren't very spectacular to anyone but the people interested in them.
my 98 kouki is one of 1281 total produced.... that is rare

Old 01-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #17
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I believe with the cheap prices we see for the G35 and 350Z, it's very laughable to see a 240SX going for +$7K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbohn View Post
True, but not a collector's item. You won't see someone overseas placing a bid for one 15 years from now. Just sayin..
Old 01-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #18
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
honestly, I wouldnt stress over it.

I don't plan on getting into accidents, I drive like a sane human being.
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #19
slowvia
Zilvia Junkie

slowvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
I don't plan on getting into accidents, I drive like a sane human being.
No one plans on getting in an accident. I drive like a sane human being, but that didnt help last month when I got rear ended at a dead stop.
slowvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #20
wonpoo
Zilvia Junkie

wonpoo is an unknown quantity at this point
only reason people complain about the value is because they wanna resell it at ta higher value then what is established as normal purchasing price after the car is driven off the lot after it was made 20 years ago.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #21
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbohn View Post
It was still sold at the same pricepoint as every other year of 240sx, it isn't any better than any other year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonpoo View Post
only reason people complain about the value is because they wanna resell it at ta higher value then what is established as normal purchasing price after the car is driven off the lot after it was made 20 years ago.
TRUTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #22
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
KBB is off on lots of cars. its not just 240's. Seriously the only thing KBB has ever been good for is a bargaining chip on purchasing. In that sense you don't want it to rise.

Oh and most insurance companies do things based on ACV these days. Which is a combination of what the cars sell for real market value and cost of actual replacement parts to fix.

I collected $2700 out of my previous 93.5 G20 when it got wrecked and the blue book on those things is in the trash can.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #23
wonpoo
Zilvia Junkie

wonpoo is an unknown quantity at this point
i want prices to stay low i seen automatic S14's try to sell for $8000 local that is bullshit!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #24
deathrace2000
Zilvia Member

deathrace2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Value systems are foolish. An automobile is worth only what someone will pay for it.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #25
Brentbohn
Zilvia Junkie

you all are missing the point... kbb is potentially going to cost you money down the road.... for some retarded reason all dealerships and potential buyers look at that site to gauge their offers

Old 01-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #26
RandallSharp
Zilvia Member

RandallSharp is an unknown quantity at this point
What if we just all love our cars so much that we're not considering selling them?

Old 01-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #27
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Actually most dealerships use nada.com now. Kbb is outdated.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #28
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
KBB doesn't buy cars. Nor do they sell cars. They are a reference guide. Almost like looking on ebay to find out how much your car is worth.

awesome thread.

fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #29
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Just wait 40 yrs then sell it. It better be worth more than a ft86 or I'm gonna be pissed.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #30
andrew600
ill tongue punch her fart box

Trader Rating: (12)
andrew600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
best thread ive seen in days. i vote my car is worth 4 cows, 2 goats, 5 chickens, and a toothless whore for hummers whenever i want.

if this option is on there i will sign the pet.
andrew600 is offline   Reply With Quote