Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:23 AM   #1
lowpar

Trader Rating: (0)
lowpar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help !! 1jz vvti bolted to gm ar-5 s13 swap

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the forums here. My name is Alex & I live in Las Vegas Nv, just for a quick introduction lol.. I'm in the middle of a 1jz vvti swap into my S13 Hatch. My transmission of choice was the Aisin Ar-5 Trans. It's a 5 speed transmission out of a 2006 Pontiac Solstice. I chose this tranny because its basically a newer & updated model of the R154. The 1j R154 Bell housing bolts directly up to it. My question... Have any of you actually done the swap into an S13 ? Or have any of you attempted. I've been reading & reading & reading & I can not find anyone that has attempted this swap on an S13 with a 1j. I NEED HELP. Does anybody know how exactly to solve the Input shaft issue & how did you get the shifter position to sit correctly. ANY ANSWERS WILL HELP. Thanks Guys :-)
lowpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2020, 12:03 PM   #2
donofdrift1990

donofdrift1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Know this is an old post but I am interested to see if anyone has completed a 1jz with AR-5 transmission swap yet and what were some lessons learned/ parts list used.

I know there is a capability to use R154 parts all around to make compatibility easier in the event transmission fails and AR-5 is not available to quick swap everything over to a R154.

I have yet to find a thread of someone doing it in a 240sx with details. Spread the knowledge!!
donofdrift1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:26 PM   #3
EF_jaycee
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
EF_jaycee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've also tried looking at info on the ar5 for my ls build and there is almost nothing out there, but this build thread was the only thing i've found that had an ar5 in an s-chassis, hope this helps: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/adva...sx-s13-324673/
EF_jaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:39 PM   #4
donofdrift1990

donofdrift1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_jaycee View Post
I've also tried looking at info on the ar5 for my ls build and there is almost nothing out there, but this build thread was the only thing i've found that had an ar5 in an s-chassis, hope this helps: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/adva...sx-s13-324673/

Appreciate it! I'm definitely going to build a thread when I start my swap so we have something. Just trying to find as much info as possible so that I have the least amount of hiccups during the process. It seems like DriftMotion is the only site that have the complete setup for ar5 to 240sx swaps. Only thing they don't offer is the trans mount for an 07 or newer solstice transmission so it will have to be custom made.

Link: https://www.driftmotion.com/product-p/dm3445.htm
donofdrift1990 is offline   Reply With Quote