Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-26-2020, 07:04 AM   #1
SilSanti

Trader Rating: (0)
SilSanti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB Rb25det neo running rich and idling rough

Hey guys,
I usually don?t make posts but I?m really scratching my head on this one and I can?t find any useful information anywhere. For context I drive an S13 with an RB25DET Neo. Recently I?ve decided to do rebuild and refresh the engine after tracking my car a couple times. About a month ago I had been experiencing lean issues where my car would hang between 13-15 AFR on WOT. Very unhealthy. I knew I couldn?t let it continue to run so lean. This is an issue that happened pretty suddenly. Previously I hadn?t had this issue, it just kind of happened. I changed my O2 sensor, both coolant sensors by the manifold water neck and cleaned my Maf. Did nothing for the AFRs. I got my ECU checked out by RS enthalpy. They tuned the ecu for my setup so I figured it wouldn?t hurt. It came back fine. I didn?t know what the issue was so I decided to let my car sit for a couple weeks until I decided to do my rebuild. About a week ago I started her up to take her to my buddies shop and she was chucking smoke. Tons of gas. I limped it to the street and began diagnostics. I couldn?t find an immediate issue, but it would not idle unless I kept it revved up. The only way for me to get it to my friends house was for me to drop the fuel pressure on my FPR to around 17psi. It was running at 43 psi before. That brings us to now. I still cannot find the issue. It?s obviously flooding. During the extremely rough idle my vacuum reads between 4 and 0. I figured that would point to a vacuum leak but I can?t find any. My couplers are good, I smoke tested and sprayed brake cleaner. Nothing. I thought maybe weak spark as my plugs were fouled but I don?t understand how. My coilpacks are splitfire. Not even a year old. I already purchased a new CAS However that did nothing. I can provide more info if needed. Can someone help please?
SilSanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2020, 11:13 AM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Did u do a boost leak test?
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:05 PM   #3
SilSanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Did u do a boost leak test?
I have done some soap and water tests in the past but not yet for this problem. How would that result in the issues I?m having?
Old 07-26-2020, 12:16 PM   #4
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Boost/air leak will obvs cause the motor to run rich and stumble, fall on its face. Just a suggestion
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 02:43 PM   #5
SilSanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Boost/air leak will obvs cause the motor to run rich and stumble, fall on its face. Just a suggestion
I?ll give it a shot and get back to you. Thank you for the suggestion.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:04 PM   #6
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I would suggest you make a tester that goes on to the turbo inlet and let’s you pressurize the entire system.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:28 PM   #7
SilSanti

Ok so quick update. I think I found the source of my problems. While taking a look at my injectors today I decided to spin the CAS. I noticed that 5 of the 6 injectors were actually firing. After checking all of the wire on my wiring harness I realized that some of the wires by where my ECU plugs in must be internally frayed. As I messed around with them the one injector fired with the rest. I’m looking into getting a new wiring harness and seeing if that solves my problems.