Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:54 AM   #121
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
fuck all my pictures went down again ... ill have to update everything on the weekend

got most of the parts i had ordered in this week .

complet Mazworx bellhousing kit , Mazworx billet tensionner , Bosch 82mm DBW thottle body , supertech retainers , Fortune Auto coilovers

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574

Last edited by rbs14kouki; 10-01-2016 at 06:52 PM..
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2016, 05:26 PM   #122
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
so here is an update .

Mazworx made a video to help out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkyRquTwNoE

on my set-up i tried cutting before the second ridge ... to limit the gap in between the bellhousing and the transmission . it doesnt work its to tight

you need to cut right after the second ridge for it to get my result .. in the mazworx instruction they say to cute .25inch pass the second ridge but i dont realy like the result ...

it was cut with a grinder btw

ill be running an internal release bearing from Tilton .
https://tiltonracing.com/wp-content/...XXX-Series.pdf

Built thread sr20vet s14

Last edited by rbs14kouki; 10-01-2016 at 05:25 PM..
Old 05-17-2016, 02:24 AM   #123
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

heres an update on my built ... since im runing a (jk41a) g37 transmission the mazworx kit wasnt fiting bolt on . The in-put shaft bearing is smaller on a z34/g37 vs the earlier version z33/g35 .

mazworx sent us a centering ring to fix our problem . 2 days later we had the part to close everything up .

here are some pic

mazworx kit with gktech shifter is what im going for
here is a video
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/vid...xt=0&width=560

Built thread sr20vet s14

Last edited by rbs14kouki; 10-01-2016 at 05:21 PM..
Old 05-17-2016, 02:39 AM   #124
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

also my Buddy is designing a flange to weld on my mazworx intake that will work with my Bosch 82mm DBW throttle

i also sold my ASD hydro to replace it for a Innovative billet handbrake not sure if they are with era1 or if they have the same design but the quality of this e-brake is sick and its made localy here in Montreal , Canada

Built thread sr20vet s14

Last edited by rbs14kouki; 10-01-2016 at 05:22 PM..
Old 07-12-2016, 01:05 AM   #125
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

update time :

i decided to make a big move for the built ... i just bought a Motec PDM 15 with keypad to help datalog and to have a more reliable car !!! custom body and engin harness will be done by Ardo @ AVfab in Montreal .

here is a pic for reference

i also took my sr head appart to instal my p12 cams ... while it was open , i decided to make a VVl killer kit out of my p12 cams .

i took all my rockers out ... took them appart (if you wana do this ... make sure you work in a clean area and if possible work on a white surface ... there is some small c-clip and springs in there that are super easy to loose)

so yeah ... took my rockers appart . all you need to do is replace a pin for a longer one ! instead of having a oïl pressure pushing on the pin , i had some pins machined longer to fill in that gap and this makes my vvl locked on all time

here you see the longer pin installed and pushing on the pivot locking my vvl on

to answer any questions in advance ... my tuner Pat Dumont from Acsp tuning as the fastest sr-powered street s-chassis (with a h-patern box) in the world ... he his also running a sr21vet with this mod ... he made alot of test on his car and some other clients cars to back this up ... there is not enough oil pressure to advance the vvl engagement Under a certain rpm ... after alot of test we found out that the sooner you lock the vvl on the sooner the power curve go up ... so our only option left was to mecanicly lock them

remember my car is a full on racecar and im not looking for fuel economie ... if you want to dayli your car , i dont recommand this mod unless your ready to loose alot of fuel economie

on my p12 cams ... ill be running on the high lobs and the specs are
IN: 278 duration and 12.00mm lift
EX: 280 duration and 11.15mm lift

Built thread sr20vet s14

Last edited by rbs14kouki; 10-01-2016 at 05:23 PM..
Old 07-12-2016, 02:05 AM   #126
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

i also sold my Aim MXL strada tha was brand new for 1000$can to a friend here ... ill go get the new AIM MXS strada to replace the MXL .

i got a sick deal on one at 950$us so it comes up to 1400 for me in can $$ ... not to bad ... 400$ to put on my side for a more advance and way better looking dash

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 07-12-2016, 08:25 PM   #127
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Why rig something in the rocker arms when you can buy VVL killer cams? Seems like backwards logic to me. P12 cams aren't the greatest setup for a what you're trying to achieve.

Either way, love seeing progress.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:28 AM   #128
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

I got the cams for 400$

Vvl killer go for 1500 for me since im in canada and my currency is shit ... i saw some set-up with sr16 and p12 cams that made great power . Anyway for 400$ its gona be night and day vs my stock p11 cams

Kemp s13 had p12 in his car and it was crazy ... and doesnt that z33 sr22vet has them too ?! Not sure on the z tho

184-st are sick but the same price as vvl killer .

If ever i get a good deal on a set of kelford ... i can always switch back the pins in the rockers and rock the vvl again . My mod is not permanent

Built thread sr20vet s14

Last edited by rbs14kouki; 07-13-2016 at 01:02 AM..
Old 07-13-2016, 06:30 AM   #129
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Why rig something in the rocker arms when you can buy VVL killer cams? Seems like backwards logic to me. P12 cams aren't the greatest setup for a what you're trying to achieve.

Either way, love seeing progress.
Also Kelford cams are on indefinite backorder so it'd be a bit of a downer waiting on a set :/
Old 07-13-2016, 08:57 AM   #130
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
I got the cams for 400$

Vvl killer go for 1500 for me since im in canada and my currency is shit ... i saw some set-up with sr16 and p12 cams that made great power . Anyway for 400$ its gona be night and day vs my stock p11 cams

Kemp s13 had p12 in his car and it was crazy ... and doesnt that z33 sr22vet has them too ?! Not sure on the z tho

184-st are sick but the same price as vvl killer .

If ever i get a good deal on a set of kelford ... i can always switch back the pins in the rockers and rock the vvl again . My mod is not permanent
I'm not saying P12 cams are bad, curiosity my dear Watson. I believe I've stated it before that N1's are ideal for a medium/large to large frame turbo. The increased overlap helps with spool. Anyway carry on, everything looks great.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:57 AM   #131
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

when i first built my head ... i was abit on a budget . so the stock retainers were still in there even though i had the supertech dvs . i did the switch last weekend to the supertech Ti. retainers and men is it a shity job to do when the head is on the block !

i also got my hand on my all time favorite Hood for my car Bn Sports type2 ...

couple more weeks and the car will be in the shop for the cage and chassi prep

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 08-20-2016, 04:28 AM   #132
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Ugh I LOVE me some BN man...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:01 PM   #133
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Ugh I LOVE me some BN man...
i had 3 choice of Hood i wanted to run ...
#1 bn type2
#2 origin type2
#3 seibon (the one like forrest runs on is s14)

i got a quote on the origin and the price wasnt low enough to over come my love for BN Sports

and wow i dont regret my move even though it costed me a leg and a arm hahahahahah

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 10-01-2016, 07:00 PM   #134
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

lil update . im in the process of installing my p12 cams

my head was shimed for p11 cams so i need to change my shims to be in spec for them to work 100% .

here is the shims all mesured up . i still need to do the feeler gauge and with this spec it will give me the right spec for my new shims .... for anybody with a ve head ... harley Davidson runs the same shims in there bike ... i also found that ktm runs a 10mm shim in there bike too and they sale kits on eBay for dirt cheap vs the harley option

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 10-01-2016, 07:10 PM   #135
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
V rod shims if you go into the Harley dealer.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:13 PM   #136
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

last week i did a sr to vq swap with the Autotech plate i had laying around on my friend s14 .

here are the spec i took of the transmission and engin to calculate the air gap that was needed in between is clutch and bearing

target was .200in !!!

we had to put a spacer or .490in inbetween the bearing and the carrier ... but from doing this the carrier we had wasnt long enought and the bearing had no more surface to seat properly .

to correct this situation we took the z33 carrier welded it back to back to our sr 24mm carrier ... cut away the portion where the fork attaches .

it looked like this

we machined everithing back to spec :
- outside diam. 40mm
- Inside diam. we left the sr carrier section un-toutch but the z33 portion we welded on had to be machined just abit loosser (from the weld line to the extremity) . that way it wasnt grabing on the shaft where it slides

slip on spacer was .490in thick (inner diam. 40.10mm) ... that way it can slip on without pressing it in for mantenance or to changed the set-up later on .

then re-installed the bearing

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 10-01-2016, 07:17 PM   #137
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
V rod shims if you go into the Harley dealer.
thats what i used when i first overalled my head ... but ill go with the ktm kit once i have all my specs

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 10-01-2016, 09:22 PM   #138
NOLAGG
Zilvia Member

NOLAGG is an unknown quantity at this point
So sickkkk love it can't wait to see more
NOLAGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:08 AM   #139
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I want to hear this engine roaring!
Old 10-02-2016, 09:28 AM   #140
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
why didn't you just order a d40 frontier throw out sleeve? its 8mm longer than the sr20 one (approx 1/3"). i guess it would have been 1/6" off your target air gap though.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:23 AM   #141
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
why didn't you just order a d40 frontier throw out sleeve? its 8mm longer than the sr20 one (approx 1/3"). i guess it would have been 1/6" off your target air gap though.
i didnt know that ... lollllllll fml the one i had was 24mm from bearing seat to fork seat

and i looked around for a good day trying to source a longer carrier

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 10-02-2016, 11:49 AM   #142
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Yep. Juan from fontana Nissan did a pretty good write up about it. Lemme see if I can find the thread.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2016, 06:01 PM   #143
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=622595

Is this what you need for a normal non twin disc clutch?

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 10-02-2016, 10:02 PM   #144
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:

For a twin disc you should need a shorter TOB, probably like the stock sr20 one. In my case (maverick adaptor plate, sr20, milled 5/8" off the face of the bellhousing, ACT heavy duty single) I will be using the D40 TOB since the normal sr20 one leaves a massive air gap and.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2016, 10:05 PM   #145
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks I don't have to start thinking till Monday@ 8am lol.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 10-03-2016, 09:23 AM   #146
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

Great info in that thread !!! Thanks

Now i have the part numbers in case i need one on thw next swap i do

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 10-03-2016, 09:28 AM   #147
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
For a twin disc you should need a shorter TOB, probably like the stock sr20 one. In my case (maverick adaptor plate, sr20, milled 5/8" off the face of the bellhousing, ACT heavy duty single) I will be using the D40 TOB since the normal sr20 one leaves a massive air gap and.
Before you instal everything why dont you double check just like i did ... its gona comfirm if you have the right combo ...

I installed a cd009 with mazworx bellhousing 5x to get thw right air gap . I didnt know that technique back then !

My buddy left with is car yesturday (drove in the street to make sure everything was working good . Massive garage burnout).

Did the job once thats-it

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 10-03-2016, 04:30 PM   #148
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'm using the Mazworx bellhousing for mine, along with an OSGiken TS2BD twin disc clutch. I ordered the sleeve that OsGiken recommends to use for s13, with the stock s13 trans, since the Mazworx bellhousing uses the sr20 trans fork/ball/sleeve etc normally. I'm hoping this will give me the correct gap, but we will have to see when I get it all put together.

Also in the OsGiken instructions they say you have to shave 4mm away from the shaft inside the bellhousing that the throwout bearing sleeve slides on, or else it will hit the pressure plate of the clutch. I'm not sure if I'm going to have to do the same thing to the Mazworx bellhousing but I really hope not. I'm going to try to install the clutch, and then the bellhousing by itself and see if it hits the pressure plate. If not I'm hoping that the Sleeve I ordered gives me the 8mm gap between the bearing and pressure plate that they recommend.

edit- If you want part numbers for the sleeve/bearing I ordered for my setup for archiving purposes I could look them up when I get home.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:35 AM   #149
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
Before you instal everything why dont you double check just like i did ... its gona comfirm if you have the right combo ...

I installed a cd009 with mazworx bellhousing 5x to get thw right air gap . I didnt know that technique back then !

My buddy left with is car yesturday (drove in the street to make sure everything was working good . Massive garage burnout).

Did the job once thats-it
Which shifter is your friend running with the adapter plate?

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 10-04-2016, 07:16 PM   #150
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Which shifter is your friend running with the adapter plate?
He's running gktech . We had to trim about 1cm of the rear of the shifter hole just to have access to the rear bolt in case we need to do maintenance .

I have pictures on my instagram or facebook

Built thread sr20vet s14