Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-10-2019, 07:28 PM   #1
Tokyo Hippie

Trader Rating: (0)
Tokyo Hippie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
GTR seats into a S14

Was wondering if this has been done before. I have R35 GT-R seats that I'm looking to put into my 95' 240sx S14.
I know I would need a S14 Seat frame bracket and to remove the OEM ones off the GT-R seats and add an aftermarket rail that can drill into that bracket. Would still need tips if anything else is needed.
Tokyo Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2019, 09:09 AM   #2
BigKriss
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BigKriss is making a name for him/her selfBigKriss is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Very few seats actually work in the S14..I started out with Subaru Recaros and was appalled at how high I sat with the seat mounted at its lowest. I gave up with those after I had cut half the bum cushion out to lower the position but to no avail. Cannot see the R35 seats working as they are ginormously high to start with..
BigKriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:18 PM   #3
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah, R35 is likely a no-go. Z33 or Z34 seats fit fairly well if they're properly grafted to S-chassis seat rails. R35 seats are much bulkier.

Tip if you're hell bent on doing this: sell your S14 seats whole, don't cut them up, they're still an upgrade for S13s. Trade them for some janky torn up S13 seats plus cash and use those as seat rail donors.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 11:44 AM   #4
240sex_s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
240sex_s14 is making a name for him/her self240sex_s14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240sex_s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Hippie View Post
Was wondering if this has been done before. I have R35 GT-R seats that I'm looking to put into my 95' 240sx S14.
I know I would need a S14 Seat frame bracket and to remove the OEM ones off the GT-R seats and add an aftermarket rail that can drill into that bracket. Would still need tips if anything else is needed.

funny you posted this, I'm looking to getting my friends Red R35 seats from his 17' GTR. They look super Bulky though and haven't really tried to fit them in yet.