Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-13-2020, 07:18 PM   #241
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Update 9/13/20

Sorry for not staying up on this and being current. The car has been really taxing lately and with everything going on here in California it has caused some resistance However, updates I do have .

I've been working with Andrew at TFF for a little bit now and all I can say is how exceptional his work is and how customer service oriented he has been. My oil cooler came in, anodizing came out stellar. Lubrication system is finished up with the improved racing thermostat for the cooler.

Hoses made and sleeve'd for protection.

I had to remove the RH header to get the starter in....While it was out I sleeved more of the brake lines and wiring, along with placed a DEI heat shield starter blanket over the Sikky starter. Also added some 3/0 grounds to the block and starter.

Finished up the Powerhouse Racing S chassis fuel hanger install with the 525LPH Ti pump. Also added a heat shield to the secondary fuel filter.

Ditched my Street faction bar for a TFF bar, fits much better and the bumper mates with it well. Had JP paint it and started slapping more stuff on the motor.

One thing I saw broadfield do was integrate AN fittings to the heater system so I did it my own way. In order to keep the 3/4' nipple fittings for the heater, I had some -8AN to 3/4" barb fittings machined. Using HPS 3/4" silicon "U," I was able to plum the system to -8AN.

A friend of mine that redid my interior in the black suede, also did up my headliner with the starlight effect. Mounted the module in the rear RH panel and will wire it to the fuse box.

After I was on my high horse I got knocked down. The new updated design Sikky uses for the oil fittings on the oil pan have allen head bolts that go from pan flange down into fitting block with copper crush washers. My pan started leaking right as I put oil in it from the bolt threads. So instead of pulling motor, I supported the motor with the hoist then removed the lower crossmember then pan.

I went to my local part store and got some much better fitting copper crush washers, and decided to also seal them off with black silicon to ensure no more leak.

Oil pan went back in smoothly, no leaks and motor is back as it should be.

These next two photos are what the car currently looks like at the moment. I want to have it running and tip top shape before I install the windshield and dash. I am getting the Link Storm set up with Mark Panic. I need to make timing marks once I find TDC and then hit the engine with a timing light. It wants to crank but sounds like its hitting on the wrong cylinder. I am using the same motor setup (minus S/C) so the LS2 front timing sensor shouldn't have any problems, its just getting the trigger angle in the tuning correct. I ran out of time again so it'll have to wait till this weekend. Sorry for the lag, I assure you the car is still being worked out despite all my setbacks

Last edited by afishysilvia; 09-15-2020 at 01:04 PM..
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2020, 01:04 PM   #242
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Alright sorry for the delay
Old 09-15-2020, 01:24 PM   #243
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
DONT you ever make us wait this long for an update!

Shit is looking fire as fuk...got 5k in heat/protective sleeving lol.
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:15 PM   #244
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
DONT you ever make us wait this long for an update!

Shit is looking fire as fuk...got 5k in heat/protective sleeving lol.
Hahaha sorry man I forget to update here as well. I?m hoping to have this thing started this weekend. Gonna get the timing done and hopefully we?ll see some smoke.

Seriously haha, every time I go I say I only need a little and end up with rolls of different sizes and a ton extra. Hopefully it all works and does as intended.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:54 AM   #245
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Alright sorry for the delay

that's ok, just don't let it happen again.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:50 AM   #246
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjake View Post
that's ok, just don't let it happen again.
Hahaha hey buddy.

Well I routed my fuel lines incorrectly. A normal person would have read instructions on the new Radium DMR pressure regulator but I didn?t. So basically my feed and return were just making a big U. I need to move my pressure gauge, move my feed line over and should be good. Saturday I got the Link dialed in after I found TDC #1 and used a timing light to verify where I was. It?s definitely been frustrating but learning a lot and super happy with the progress.

The car started on brakleen, and I lit my arm on fire but it was so nice to hear it again. I?m going today to the local store for some bulk AN hose and a few fittings. Tomorrow I?m off and will be back on the car, should have a running update tomorrow
Old 09-21-2020, 12:07 PM   #247
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Properly done here good sir! Looks like you're covering all your bases as far as reliability goes.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 04:45 AM   #248
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 10/3/20

Finally what a huge step forward on this project that has seemed to take forever. The engine and super charger are sounding awesome, those straight cut Vortech gears have such a distinct whine.

I have been continuing to work on the idle and getting the Link Storm ECU all dialed in and getting a decent map until I can get this on the dyno. I have been working on this consistently, I just havent had time to write about it all. I am currently wiring up headlights, gauges, efans, and all the other random things to aim closer to installing the dash once all wiring is okay. I will have more pics by the weekend.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:10 PM   #249
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Wasn’t able to make it this past weekend, I’ll be there tomorrow. Got some more titanium parts in the mail. Wasn’t aware about the upkeep of Ti and the oil in our skin how it tarnishes the finish with use. Guess I’ll to start carrying around gloves haha.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:38 PM   #250
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Sounds tough!
Old 10-05-2020, 03:19 PM   #251
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
bout fukn time!! Congrats sir! Nothing beats that feeling on first startup!!
Old 10-05-2020, 06:49 PM   #252
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Sounds tough!
Thanks man! Those straight cut gears are so whinny, they really come alive I bet at high rpm. Can?t wait to get this tuned so I can rev it up and see what it can do.

Quote:
bout fukn time!! Congrats sir! Nothing beats that feeling on first startup!!
Appreciate it man! Yea it sounds so much better with the new exhaust and the super charger of course. I have to start getting random odds and ends. I have a new rack in the mail and I?m in the process of getting the front calipers powder coated once I mock up the ctsv brackets. Hoping no issues with the GKTech V2 knuckles.
Old 10-08-2020, 01:17 PM   #253
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 10/8/20

In the process of getting the 4 piston CTSV brake calipers smoothed out from the previous owners hack job on installing the ctsv.com brackets even though I cant use them. I ordered G2 brackets so we'll see how those do when they arrive.

I got some 4AWG deutsch plugs off a paver at work, absolutely love the nice clean simplicity and use of just these larger single wire power connections. This particular connector is to connect the Chase Bays ignition wire to the factory Black/Yellow off ignition swtich.

Wired the starlight headliner finally to a fuse and got the B pillar panels put on with the fiber optics ran. I only have a few more power connections to run out for the louvers and door sills, then I will be putting the dash in. I am hoping to have dash in by weekend and I will update more with this being a holiday weekend for me.

Parts are continuing to stack up, cant wait to show you guys the interior stuff.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #254
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Man, wow. All the engine excitement and you got the starry night headliner! So cool
I wasn't even expecting the interior stuff, but here we are...

What kind of rotor size can you run with those Caddy calipers, boss?
Old 10-18-2020, 11:49 PM   #255
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Man, wow. All the engine excitement and you got the starry night headliner! So cool
I wasn't even expecting the interior stuff, but here we are...

What kind of rotor size can you run with those Caddy calipers, boss?
Haha thanks man!!! Here comes some more! I believe theyre 350Z track rotors i got with the kit. I am going to end up switching my knuckles out cause my V2 will not allow any calipers other than stock or Z32.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:00 AM   #256
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 10/18/20

Finally getting around to more interior work. Routed the S14 under dash lights and it was fairly straight forward. I have one red fused wire lead that was cut which I assume is either constant or ignition power. The system uses the JDM driver side door latch sensor as the signal to go on/off. With that being said, I've tried three sensors, neither of them are making it function as should so I will have to figure that out.

In the grand scheme of this entire process it seems so small....BUT THE DASH IS IN

ALSO BIG NEWS! HUD WORKS!!!

It's amazing what a little interior can do, I am working on the rest of the headlight wiring and more parts in the mail such as steering rack and new knuckles. I'll have more soon.

Old 10-22-2020, 03:31 AM   #257
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 10/22/20

Got more of the dash together along with getting the defi gauges in the ashtray slot using BreakBeat Garage adapter which is amazing.

Need some brackets to get the center console in completely and also rear upper seat brackets are on the way.

I was not aware when I bought this that this was a cap...super disappointed. However, its on and looks good.

As much as I love Sikky products, their signature green is just too loud for my theme I am trying to stay with so the sway bar, brake calipers and roll cage all in
Tomei green (or as close as I can get it).

Next up:

- New GKTech V4 knuckles, will get on over weekend and test fit G2 CTSV brackets. If all is good, then off to powder coat.

- Solder back ribbon areas of hud gauge cluster to fix grounding issue.

- Wire up headlights, fans, horns, auto ac sensor.

- Driveshaft is on the way from Sikky.

- Ordered all the OEM seals, clips, molding set for the front window and will get a new front window once that all arrives.

I will be back on it over the weekend.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:04 AM   #258
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

The interior is coming together so good. Love the HUD. Great stuff, man.

Where did you order the OEM seals, clips, etc for the windows?
Old 10-22-2020, 09:30 AM   #259
llnoahll

Trader Rating: (0)
llnoahll is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Damn... just went through your whole thread. This thing is gorgeous, I like the attention to detail and the color way you opted for. The end result on this thing is going to be rad.
llnoahll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:16 AM   #260
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
The interior is coming together so good. Love the HUD. Great stuff, man.

Where did you order the OEM seals, clips, etc for the windows?
Thanks bro I?m trying!

I got all the window seals from either Nissanparts (Washington dealership) and Fontana Nissan down here by me gets many hard to get oem and even lots of jdm parts. Plus I get a slight discount at Fontana Nissan so I try to go there when I can.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:10 AM   #261
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by llnoahll View Post
Damn... just went through your whole thread. This thing is gorgeous, I like the attention to detail and the color way you opted for. The end result on this thing is going to be rad.
Hey man I appreciate that a lot thank you. It gets plenty of mixed reviews, all we can do is execute and make it exactly how we want right? I hope to have some better progress on it soon. Dyno session is coming up soon once I can get the steering together.

PSA...I know it?s my own fault but sometimes the RHD parts availability is just shit lol.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:37 PM   #262
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 10/26/20

I never really expect anyone to come and help me, but this Sunday a few really good friends came over and helped me dial in the front end wiring. Solder all the connections and started putting sheathing over the wiring and running it over the wheel well so no rubbing.

I know theres many ways to skin a cat...but I like the look of the parking lamps on with the lows.

Everything is all tucked and finished now here for the front fans, horn, lights and auto AC sensor. Also I was able to install the GKTech V4 knuckles, they fit the G2 Carbon CTSV brake adapter so I will proceed finally with powder coat. Hopefully Ill be back on the ground with this thing by end of month. I have secured another S15 rack and will be throwing that in as soon as I get it.

Old 11-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #263
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 11/7/20

Still making progress on this thing, some days seem really productive while others feel completely wasted cause it took forever to do something small.

Got the G2 Carbon CTSV brake brackets on the new GKTech V4 knuckles. Test fitting, need to machine custom spacer for lower hole and then get powder coated.

Got my rear seats in finally, Sikky driveshaft came in.

Used S15 rack came in from Russia, took it apart and replaced seals and then painted.

Using the PHR billet schassis top hat they mentioned in the instructions for install that the new tophat sat slightly higher towards from of vehicle so the tank plate cover needed to be modified. Cut out U shape, bent up and then tig welded in a small piece of sheet metal. My welds are the best it was so small had to have the voltage almost at nothing. Anyways, got it painted by JP and also my oem center console bracket my car has been missing.

More parts are showing up still, got my new oem Nissan front windshield molding and a good condition S15 wing that I am going to modify and use one day.

I will be back on the car today and hopefully finish the rack install and then put front wheels on and roll car out to get the door windows in and start putting fenders and bumper on. Once the rest of the front window parts arrive from Nissanparts I will order a front windshield and get that installed.
Old 11-08-2020, 11:45 PM   #264
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 11/9/20

Made some big strides in getting the front end together. Installed as many Dress Up Bolts I had, need to order more for my OCDness.

Trimmed front bumper for bash bar and installed new clips so everything fits nicely. This is how the car currently sits.

I need to order the front windshield next week once the rest of my seals get in. Working on getting door windows in and panels installed. After that I will get the sway bar and front calipers back from powder coat and rebuild the calipers. Took my measurement for my spacer needed for the G2 brackets. I plan to keep it coming so whoever is watching don't worry
Old 11-09-2020, 09:50 AM   #265
S14rebuild
BANNED

Hot diggity dog!!! Would look solid with foglights
Old 11-09-2020, 10:04 AM   #266
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Hot diggity dog!!! Would look solid with foglights
Thanks man, and I had some but sold them cause previous owner of bumper cut off mounting tabs for them. Besides it hides the lovely bypass valve and intake filter
Old 11-17-2020, 09:03 AM   #267
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Damn this is fire! How much were those lights for the headliner? Sick build man
Old 11-19-2020, 01:17 PM   #268
taran!
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
taran! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This build is SOOOOO good! Just what we needed during covid. Keep it up man!
taran! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:32 PM   #269
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Damn this is fire! How much were those lights for the headliner? Sick build man
Thank you man appreciate it. The kit to do the lights is relatively cheap, its just time consuming. I had my buddy who reupholstered my interior parts do it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taran! View Post
This build is SOOOOO good! Just what we needed during covid. Keep it up man!
Thanks man, got a good dump coming now
Old 11-24-2020, 12:49 PM   #270
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 11/24/20

Got around to getting the new windshield installed with all new seals and moldings.

Works Bell hub is just so nice, comes with connections and still integrates clock spring for turn signal cancelation. I will never buy another NRG hub in my life.

Touching up the bay with way too many DressUp bolts and also started to strip the ugly sikky green powder coat off my sway bar. Should be dropping off brakes and sway bar at powder coat shop this week or monday.

It Finally Moved Outside!!!

Navan skirts mounted, got most of the interior on and all glass. Next will be driver seat and finish cluster surround bezels.

This weekend I am going to try and get the trunk finished up with tail light wiring and carpet put back in. Awaiting brakes and then I can bleed those and clutch and start test driving before tune. I have still have so much interior goodies to add just wait.