Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-12-2019, 05:55 PM   #5581
dan_the_drifter

Trader Rating: (0)
dan_the_drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hi,

I'm Dan and from the UK, owned my s14a/kouki for the last 7 years and am quite heavily into my drifting. I see you guys have a lot of good events over in America and would love to come over and see a Lonestar drift or similar event sometime.

Will post up a build thread soon as spent a lot of time on my car over the years.

Thanks
dan_the_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2019, 09:41 AM   #5582
NorCalSol

NorCalSol is an unknown quantity at this point
'ello all.

My name is Cory. Just bought a bone stock 1993 S13 240SX. I'm technically the second owner of this car. She's my first time in the RWD scene (mostly drove Hondas before this).

Looking forward to learning more about these cars as I add light mods to mine, but for the most part I'm keeping her stock as she's quite the survivor. Looking forward to showing off some pics.

Thanks for having me.
NorCalSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #5583
Dysfnal

Dysfnal is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey hey,

Just bought a TH1 blue 91 Silvia Ks as a project. Previous owner got hit and never got around to fixing it.

The the car runs and drives fine, but needs a new core support. I've already sourced fenders (only one was damaged in the accident, the other was somewhat rusty) and I might've found a hood. I've got a POS bumper for the time being, but I'm looking for an aero bumper like the car had from factory. Looking for either a right side triple projector or a set of bricks.

As far as mods it's got a quick-release wheel, turbo timer, a mild exhaust, BC coilovers, and period wheels wrapped in (for some reason) snow tires. Stock otherwise.

I'm in the Seattle area (Mill Creek), though I might as well be in Everett.

Trying to get the car done before NissanFest (April 13), wish me luck!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Dysfnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:22 PM   #5584
thankyoumikey

thankyoumikey is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello, my name is Michael and i own an Emerald Blue Zenki, 1995. i’m based out of miami, and i’m also an automotive photographer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thankyoumikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 01:11 PM   #5585
aznxkrnxbo1

aznxkrnxbo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

I'm Jon and I had to make another account because the other one wouldn't let me post or reply to messages. I tried to contact admin and no luck... I own a 91 S13 and I'm looking for parts to buy, I haven't been on here for awhile since the car is at the body shop. I am also a ex navy veteran.
aznxkrnxbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:11 PM   #5586
Ripzsaur

Ripzsaur is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

I'm Ryan. I've had an account here for awhile but never introduced myself. I have 2 '95 S14s and 1 '96 S14 parts car. I'm looking for hard to find period correct parts for my build and to learn more about S-Chassis vehicles.
Ripzsaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:16 PM   #5587
Albeeeeert

Albeeeeert is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey everyone!

I recently bought a 1991 Nissan 240sx Hatchback. Was kinda pieced together by the previous owner so I have odds and ends to chase, but it runs good and that's what matters to me. It came with a done-up suspension, and set up to drift (Megan Racing coilovers, adjustable control arms and everything I guess. Something to delve into at a later point). I'm currently working on de-driftifying the car, as it's not really my intentions. I plan to use it as an enjoyable car to take on the weekends, respect traffic laws, and keep out of a ditch.

So far I've bought a trunk to replace the mess of bondo, rust, and holes that was left for me. I'm waiting for North Carolina's temperamental weather to make up it's mind to paint match it. I've also recently received Roku LED headlights and installed those (better than my daily's lights )

I drive a stanced and tuned 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth as a daily, but that's not what I'm here for. I have to add "stanced and tuned" for people including myself to care

Nice to meet everyone
Albeeeeert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:51 AM   #5588
vgbu

vgbu is on the path to ruinvgbu is on the path to ruin
Hi I'm Vernon trying to help my friend with his red 93 240sx convertible, his p/w only work sometime and stop working once the car is started for a little while, I found the auto p/w or amp i think behind the rear seat all the solder points look good no cracks. Any help would be appreciated. will try and ohm check the switch not sure on what contacts to check, and look for power on the connection that goes to the drivers door switch. Thanks
vgbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:19 AM   #5589
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
KA New member from KS

Hi, new member from northeastern KS here. I picked up a black 1995 240 last summer and just got around to registering. I've owned three S13s in prior years, turbocharging my 90 KA24E and eventually swapping a DE in from a 96 before selling it. Ive lived in Japan for almost 5 years out of a 10-year enlistment in the Navy. Miss it there but glad to be home.
NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:18 PM   #5590
Lysergicpepsi

Lysergicpepsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats up everyone? Im from Wisconsin and just picked up a 1996 240sx

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk
Lysergicpepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:26 PM   #5591
Bishnasty

Bishnasty is an unknown quantity at this point
Names Ethan, I specialize in ruining classic 1990 tuners with Japanese parts and making them unfunctional

I have been a lurker for awhile, I have a 1991 krps13 that i have been building into a street car

I mainly fantasize about driving at final bout, but I suck.
Bishnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:24 PM   #5592
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishnasty View Post
Names Ethan, I specialize in ruining classic 1990 tuners with Japanese parts and making them unfunctional

I have been a lurker for awhile, I have a 1991 krps13 that i have been building into a street car

I mainly fantasize about driving at final bout, but I suck.
Yeet!
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:29 AM   #5593
180sx_
Leaky Injector

180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about
Hi my name is Dom, 20yo from New Zealand. I own a 180sx, had it for about 8 months now which I'm building it to the early 2000s style
180sx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:55 PM   #5594
broke240fromHI

broke240fromHI is an unknown quantity at this point
What's up everybody, My name's Brendan. I drive a 1993 240sx Fastback. Although I've had several 240's since graduating HS in 2012.

Went through several motor swaps already, but nothing extravagant. most were KA-KA swaps. Just finished another KA-KA swap in my current 240 due to a seized motor. I also have an RB20DET that I took apart waiting to be rebuilt.

I live on the island of Oahu, HI. The car scene here is very diverse, but the vehicle laws here are stupidly ridiculous.

After 7 years of owning 240's, I've yet to experience 350rwhp in one. lmfao.
broke240fromHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:29 PM   #5595
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 180sx_ View Post
Hi my name is Dom, 20yo from New Zealand. I own a 180sx, had it for about 8 months now which I'm building it to the early 2000s style
Aye! cool. What does 2000s style mean? Small wheels? Or like, particular aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke240fromHI View Post
What's up everybody, My name's Brendan. I drive a 1993 240sx Fastback. Although I've had several 240's since graduating HS in 2012.

Went through several motor swaps already, but nothing extravagant. most were KA-KA swaps. Just finished another KA-KA swap in my current 240 due to a seized motor. I also have an RB20DET that I took apart waiting to be rebuilt.

I live on the island of Oahu, HI. The car scene here is very diverse, but the vehicle laws here are stupidly ridiculous.

After 7 years of owning 240's, I've yet to experience 350rwhp in one. lmfao.
Haha nice! And what are some of the laws? Like emissions or do they hate loud/stanced cars? aha
Old 05-29-2019, 05:25 PM   #5596
EZRB40

EZRB40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys, my names drake i live in az i have a 240 with a silvia front end with a rb20 sitting around proably 390~400 it made 350 on 18 pounds on last dyno since then im sitting around 22 daily and 25 or 26 depending on az weather, follow me on instagram if you want to @ IM.Ezd
EZRB40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:34 PM   #5597
180sx_
Leaky Injector

180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Aye! cool. What does 2000s style mean? Small wheels? Or like, particular aero

Haha nice! And what are some of the laws? Like emissions or do they hate loud/stanced cars? aha
Type x/hot road aero etc. 17/18 staggered wheels. Like koguchi and itai

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
180sx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:11 PM   #5598
broke240fromHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Fortunately, there are no emission laws due to the Tradewinds blowing all of our smog up to CA hahahaha. But we do have something called Reconstruction Permits, which are supposedly "required" for vehicles that have modified suspension. Thankfully, it's just suspension modifications. It used to be a lot more worse; you'd have to get recon if you did literally any modification to your car, whether it be lights, wheels, fenders/body kit, or even engine swaps. And then there's annual safety checks and annual registration is like a couple hundred and increasing. Cops are not afraid to harass those with modified/"hot" vehicles and even more so those without recon. There used to be a thriving drift scene here, I was around when Forrest Wang was still here drifting Tantlus Dr. with all the other locals. I was still in my young teens then and couldn't drive. But I've seen him give action every now and then. But nowadays, the locals near Tantlus got fed up with us drifting and now drifting is ruled illegal (lol). There are certain places with sections of tarmac that have a certain pattern that'll eat up tires if you tried to let loose. This isn't a modified vehicle/ motorsport enthusiast friendly state. It's pretty much frowned upon. But despite all this, there's a thriving car community.

Last edited by broke240fromHI; 05-29-2019 at 11:13 PM.. Reason: Replied to wrong quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:16 PM   #5599
broke240fromHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZRB40 View Post
Hey guys, my names drake i live in az i have a 240 with a silvia front end with a rb20 sitting around proably 390~400 it made 350 on 18 pounds on last dyno since then im sitting around 22 daily and 25 or 26 depending on az weather, follow me on instagram if you want to @ IM.Ezd
Yo you got a build thread? I've got a RB20 that I tore down ages ago and I'm keen to see your build.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:30 PM   #5600
jaronervin

jaronervin is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello!

New member from Baltimore, MD, but I've owned an S13 for over a decade. My latest hatchback was my DD for a bit, but now that I have more reliable transportation (and MD excuses historic vehicles from emissions), I'm planning on using these forums to re-research my dream turbo KA build.

Wish me luck, and I look forward to contributing to the forums any way I can!

Jay
jaronervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:17 PM   #5601
NashT
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hi guys, not new to zilvia by any means but am to actually posting.
Names Nash, 92 Hatch.
GKtech full front, Bink Industries Subframe, Street Faction power brace and tri strut tower brace. BC racing coilovers.
Next project is all GKtech rear parts and chassis reinforcements.
NashT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:50 PM   #5602
EZRB40

EZRB40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke240fromHI View Post
Yo you got a build thread? I've got a RB20 that I tore down ages ago and I'm keen to see your build.
shoot me a dm on Instagram @ im.ezd I can fill you in more I havnt made a build thread yet, plan on it just havnt gotten around to it yet
EZRB40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:45 PM   #5603
Kem Poyner

Kem Poyner is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello all. My name is Kem poyner. Being 59 years old will probably make me one of the oldest on the forum! Awhile back I pick up a very straight 1990 240sx coupe for next to nothing. It had sat for 12 years under a tarp. The Arizona sun had taken a toll on it. My first intentions was to fix it up and sell it. As I worked on trying to get it running, I was amazed at how easy it is to work on. I have restored several old muscle cars ,so that is what I was used to. Anyway I now have it running like a top and I REALLY love this car!!
Now I plan on keeping it. Right now I have it sanded down to metal and will be painting it its original charcoal grey color. My plans are to keep the original Single Overhead KA engine but put a widebody kit and wide tires and wheels on it. Look forward to learning more about this car on this forum!!
Kem Poyner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:05 AM   #5604
BigKriss
Leaky Injector

BigKriss is making a name for him/her selfBigKriss is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kem Poyner View Post
Hello all. My name is Kem poyner. Being 59 years old will probably make me one of the oldest on the forum! Awhile back I pick up a very straight 1990 240sx coupe for next to nothing. It had sat for 12 years under a tarp. The Arizona sun had taken a toll on it. My first intentions was to fix it up and sell it. As I worked on trying to get it running, I was amazed at how easy it is to work on. I have restored several old muscle cars ,so that is what I was used to. Anyway I now have it running like a top and I REALLY love this car!!
Now I plan on keeping it. Right now I have it sanded down to metal and will be painting it its original charcoal grey color. My plans are to keep the original Single Overhead KA engine but put a widebody kit and wide tires and wheels on it. Look forward to learning more about this car on this forum!!
Close, Im older !! :-) Great little cars arn`t they . I run an S14 with RB power, never too old for good stuff in life.
BigKriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:07 PM   #5605
SOOR240

SOOR240 is an unknown quantity at this point
New guy southern oregon

Hey everyone. New guy here. I live in southern Oregon. I just picked up a 91 240 coupe with a turbo ka24de motor. I am wanting to just clean it up and make it a fun clean car.
SOOR240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:29 PM   #5606
augustthecow

augustthecow is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello, new member here just stopping by to say hey. Currently driving a Subaru Impreza 2.5rs at the moment. Thanks for having me!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
augustthecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:05 PM   #5607
Austin Leonard

Austin Leonard is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile I YouTube all my builds!

Hey everyone! I've been a member on the forum for a while but haven't posted much. My current projects are an RB26 swapped 260z, SR20 swapped S13 drift car, K24 swapped EG Hatch, and 5 other cars that are on the back burner lol.

I have a YouTube channel where I film the progress of all the builds and the shenanigans that goes on - I'd love it if you subscribed and joined us for some fun! I plan on making a couple threads on here for my assorted Nissan builds as well.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AustinLeonardAutomotive
Austin Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:30 PM   #5608
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

^Looks like a fun channel. I'll check it out!
Old 07-01-2019, 05:03 PM   #5609
Charlie_B

Charlie_B is an unknown quantity at this point
Long time admirer of the S13 240's and this seems to be the place to learn more before buying one. Thanks for the add
Charlie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #5610
FROSILIVA

FROSILIVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey im new, belonged years ago but cant remember log in name, that long ago yep!

Trying to get back into the 240 scene aswell trying to locate a decent shell. Hoping to make some purchases also from the site. Anyhow great to see the site is still active. Thanks Zilvia!
FROSILIVA is offline   Reply With Quote