Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-18-2020, 09:29 AM   #17251
soulessphoto
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
soulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
If you're using tire irons to poke at your battery terminals idk what to tell you. You're probably doing it wrong.

[IMG]https://previews.123rf.com/images/auremar/auremar1804/auremar180400140/99185814-young-man-holding-soldering-iron.jpg
Yeah but with an ass like that she can do w/e she wants.
soulessphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2020, 12:13 PM   #17252
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
true.

messagelength
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 07:39 AM   #17253
gabefromcali
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
gabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here ya go boys

Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/fXCE16A9rcb
gabefromcali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:10 AM   #17254
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
If you're using tire irons to poke at your battery terminals idk what to tell you. You're probably doing it wrong.
Pretty sure this image was taken as a parody, but any chance to jump on played out "hurr women cant werk on carr" sexism it is I guess.

Rules:
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 10:21 AM   #17255
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Pretty sure this image was taken as a parody
No shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
but any chance to jump on played out "hurr women cant werk on carr" sexism it is I guess.
Any other points of privilege you care to add?
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:56 AM   #17256
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Old 01-13-2021, 08:26 AM   #17257
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
/\/\/\/\/\ the GT wing and terrible stickers are DIW.
The Z face is actually cool IMO

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:29 AM   #17258
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
/\/\/\/\/\ the GT wing and terrible stickers are DIW.
The Z face is actually cool IMO

Quote:
Old 01-13-2021, 10:53 AM   #17259
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Needs a widebody to match the Z face.

Rear camber is gross.

Yellow headlight tint IMO is DIW as well.

Stickers on the windshield are stupid.

Other than that pretty clean.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:53 AM   #17260
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Needs a widebody to match the Z face.

Rear camber is gross.

Yellow headlight tint IMO is DIW as well.

Stickers on the windshield are stupid.

Other than that pretty clean.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:53 PM   #17261
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
European-built Japanese cars are always the weirdest shit
Old 01-13-2021, 01:30 PM   #17262
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
European-built Japanese cars are always the weirdest shit
True almost 99% of the time.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:53 AM   #17263
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough

Old 01-14-2021, 08:53 AM   #17264
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Here's a short tragic story.

Kid buys original owner '98 Kouki in May 2018.

Within a few months cuts up the quarter panels to install a shitty Duraflex replica kit of Vertex Ridge, has the diff welded, Maxspeedingrod (eBay) coilovers, and Cosmis wheels.

Wheel shop forgot to tighten his lug nuts (according to him):

After wrecking the front end:

Finally, wrecked the front end even worse the second time around:

After I bought the car as part of a parts bundle deal:

Deciding it would be best to remove the Duraflex kit and discovering this:

After cutting away the excess metal and giving it a wash:

All of the damage he caused was within a one and a half year timeframe.

Frame is fortunately still straight, but the core support will need to be pulled and replaced, quarter panels covered up by new higher quality overfenders (Chargespeed) or replace the metal skins completely, and full body work/paint respray.

It's worth saving in my opinion due to it being a real '98 Kouki LE with the original KA, factory 5-speed (all numbers matching if you're into that), and if you take a look at the direction the real 97-98 Kouki market is headed in being the two lowest produced models in the US. It's just upsetting to see what happens to these cars when they fall into the wrong hands.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:59 AM   #17265
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
john if you wanna bring it by, i'll weld up those fenders for you.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2021, 09:32 AM   #17266
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Are you leaning more towards the 1/4 replacement? Koukis should be getting out of the buying range of kids who would destroy them.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:45 AM   #17267
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Quote:
john if you wanna bring it by, i'll weld up those fenders for you.
Considering the cracked radiator, I wouldn't even try to drive it on the streets until the front end was sorted. Otherwise, I'd gladly take you up on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nismo. View Post
Are you leaning more towards the 1/4 replacement? Koukis should be getting out of the buying range of kids who would destroy them.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk
Honestly, I had no intentions of keeping this particular Kouki considering I have the three other '97 Kouki's. I only picked this one up to snag an S14 SR longblock that he had stored on the side, but after seeing how much damage he did to the S14, I cleaned up what I could to give the next owner a better starting point than I had.

If I were to keep it, replacing the quarter panel skins would be on my to-do list. As always, I don't mind the overfender and body kit look, just not on a street car. I feel like that would take away from the overall value of the car with it being a '98.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 01-14-2021, 09:46 AM   #17268
Future240
Future Moderator

A 98 Le is so rare I have never seven seen one in person.

If the internet is to be believed they are already the lower produced by far. If these numbers were correct just imagine how many are still actually own the road.

roduction Numbers In the United States
All Models (including convertibles):
year: 1989 qty: 68118
year: 1990 qty: 60582
year: 1991 qty: 34534
year: 1992 qty: 27033
year: 1993 qty: 21471
year: 1994 qty: 1391
year: 1995 qty: 25114
year: 1996 qty: 7334
year: 1997 qty: 3655
year: 1998 qty: 2178

Convertibles only[1]:
year: 1992 qty: 2327
year: 1993 qty: 4602

Edit did a quick search to see what I could find for sale. Ran across this shit box. The entire ad is DIW along with the shitty car.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...paign=atempest
Old 01-14-2021, 09:59 AM   #17269
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
What a crying shame. That's horrible. How are the seats in that car? Man... would love to have ivory leather.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:01 AM   #17270
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Edit did a quick search to see what I could find for sale. Ran across this shit box. The entire ad is DIW along with the shitty car.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...paign=atempest
not sure what you think is wrong with the car, clearly it was set up to run SCCA road racing events, aesthetics are not priority. car has to be built to a rule book, which most likely mandates stock size wheels, restrictions on which tires you can use, etc.

the ad is a bit of a mess, and a $550 dealer charge? Fuck that noise.

edit: the dude who owns the car (William Cioci) also owns/runs the dealership that has the car listed. Looks like it was driven in SpeedVision Cup in 1997
https://www.svtperformance.com/threa...3#post-9250315

Quote:
Old 01-14-2021, 10:09 AM   #17271
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
What a crying shame. That's horrible. How are the seats in that car? Man... would love to have ivory leather.
I took a lot of pictures to document how I received the car.

This is how the kid was driving the car around.

I understand leather gets worn and dries up/cracks/tears with age, but what the fuck.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 01-14-2021, 10:24 AM   #17272
Future240
Future Moderator

^^^^^Ahhh those poor ivory seats.

Quote:
not sure what you think is wrong with the car, clearly it was set up to run SCCA road racing events, aesthetics are not priority. car has to be built to a rule book, which most likely mandates stock size wheels, restrictions on which tires you can use, etc.

the ad is a bit of a mess, and a $550 dealer charge? Fuck that noise.

edit: the dude who owns the car (William Cioci) also owns/runs the dealership that has the car listed. Looks like it was driven in SpeedVision Cup in 1997
https://www.svtperformance.com/threa...3#post-9250315
Zilvia schools me yet again lol

So it is basically a function over form thing. I was saying DIW from the shitty sunroof delete, tape on the passenger headlight and corner but I see what you are saying though.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:27 AM   #17273
koukizhang
Zilvia Member

koukizhang is on a distinguished road
Holy christ that thing got fucked. sad.
koukizhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:37 AM   #17274
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:

I understand leather gets worn and dries up/cracks/tears with age, but what the fuck.
Omg 😳 You'd have to pay me to sit in those nasty things.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:20 AM   #17275
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:

Thats actually amazing how someone can fuck up a car that fast.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:06 PM   #17276
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:

Kid buys original owner '98 Kouki in May 2018.
Any idea how much he paid? He must have lost his ass by destroying this car which is what I don't understand...unless he's a spoiled rich kid.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:16 PM   #17277
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Any idea how much he paid? He must have lost his ass by destroying this car which is what I don't understand...unless he's a spoiled rich kid.
Considering he bought it in 2018, I doubt he paid much. The going rate in those days was still $6-8k depending on condition. Now you're lucky to find one under $10k. They're starting to average $12-15k for reasonably stock/clean ones. The red BAT Kouki that sold for $25k doesn't feel like a fluke.

He also totaled the car out in November 2018. He kept it and insurance slapped a salvage title on it. Chances are he cashed out.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 01-14-2021, 12:34 PM   #17278
Allmtoreg
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Allmtoreg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Big sad about that s14. Kid is probably currently trolling on fb about prices yet he is part of the reason why the market is how it is.
Allmtoreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 02:32 PM   #17279
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Thats actually amazing how someone can fuck up a car that fast.
Kids these days: "bought a 240!"

5 min later:
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:30 AM   #17280
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
A 98 Le is so rare I have never seven seen one in person.

If the internet is to be believed they are already the lower produced by far. If these numbers were correct just imagine how many are still actually own the road.

roduction Numbers In the United States
All Models (including convertibles):
year: 1989 qty: 68118
year: 1990 qty: 60582
year: 1991 qty: 34534
year: 1992 qty: 27033
year: 1993 qty: 21471
year: 1995 qty: 25114
year: 1996 qty: 7334
year: 1997 qty: 3655
year: 1998 qty: 2178

Convertibles only[1]:
year: 1992 qty: 2327
year: 1993 qty: 4602
I've seen these statistics before as well, and I find them really hard to believe. There's no way they made that many more Zenki S13's than Chuki. I know people scrapped the SOHC's more often than the DOHC's, but I've still seen 2-3 Chuki fronts per 1 Zenki front and 5 DOHC KA's per 1 SOHC KA in my day. And this is saying that they made 40,000 more Zenki's (not counting verts)

Quote:

I love the blunt wrapper evidence. Holy fuck though man. That car got straight disrespected and it hurts to see.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote