Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:56 PM   #31
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
ka24debt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
And then came east coast bash.. finally got to witness a first hand event go down like that was crazy! So many cars, different group levels of drivers, the tire smoke and shards hitting your face.. it was awesome and then from there my little drifter phanb0i in me came out. i wanted to dreaaafffttt... but whats dreaaftting?(dumb redneck from tokyo drift voice)

but anyway.. i have quite a few friends that have done club loose events and slide from time to time.. and honestly i dont see why people put car together and dont use em to do what theyre supposted to do. im not saying that all s13's are meant to "drift" but if your gonna install parts on your car.. make use of em. im sure im not the only one that feels that way.

in the mean time, stock piling cash away, during the month of june i was saving up to go ka-t. why? well 1. my motor only had about 14k on it since its been in my red s13 2. it had arp headstuds 3. it was solid, didnt leak anything and ran more then strong.. so wtf not boost it.

in the meantime my friend was welding a diff he had laying around for free and then i got this. i picked it up from leg1t for cheap since he was doing one of those bn style ferrari hatches. i opted not to put it on till whenever i get kouki tail lights just because usdm lights+wing = nfs shift.. and i think that shit looks stupid

i picked up an excessive manufacturing skid plate and i must say this thing is awesome! 3 days of nyc driving vv

and a day later, my diff was ready, cleaned it up and dropped it in.

with some practice time in with a few weeks left before club loose night moves and since i had yet to get one since installing coilovers, all those arms, sway bars and bracing.. i could def. improve by actually getting an alignment done.

so alignment? check. routine tune up and oil change? check. tires? check. over looking the car thoroughly before tech inspection to i can have a good time? check! so off we go to the track!
ka24debt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2011, 12:17 AM   #32
c_mancuyas8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
c_mancuyas8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
very nice sir keep up the good work
Old 11-26-2011, 12:19 AM   #33
Frank300
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Frank300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Damn man I can so relate to this .
Same damn things Happened to me , well except the wheel coming off part haha
Frank300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:52 AM   #34
Zero-Offset
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Zero-Offset is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
haha yeah dude keep up the good shit. very similar to my S13 story.
glad i get to see what kouki sides/rear look on a pignose, im going that route very soon.

my advice would be keep dreaming, and dont stop setting goals for your car. it feels so great to be able to acomplish something when you set out to do it.
Zero-Offset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:00 AM   #35
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypotter View Post
Actually only rules I can find is no posting in a build if you are not the builder is the only rule, but that's for the prem section.
Well you don't now how to read then....Found in the "Rules and Guidelines" section....In the interest of keeping the Chat forum clear of three hundred 'Install SR, ziptie aero, rattlecan paint' threads, incomplete, or in-progress build threads are not allowed. If you have completed your build, wrangle all those pictures into a post and tell us about it, but make sure the build is finalized. If you insist on having an in-progress build, Premium members have a specialized subforum for that specific purpose.

Says it all right there in simple plain english......

Nevertheless....I just read some more of this build its going well man! Keep up the good work!

WASTED I AM!
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:10 AM   #36
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
So I am guessing the next update will be a bunch of pictures of you drifting?
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:29 AM   #37
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
lol that would be great
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:40 AM   #38
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If this build gets closed for not being 'complete' i will turn off the internets.

This could be my favorite build thread on Zilvia.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:14 AM   #39
illvialuver
Post Whore!

illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
If this build gets closed for not being 'complete' i will turn off the internets.

This could be my favorite build thread on Zilvia.

zilvia has done stupider things. I hope it keeps going, it is decently writtin and I want to see more.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:58 AM   #40
negrosx13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
negrosx13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to negrosx13
There's few threads that are/were incomplete,that are still up.. So please shut up with the whole its gonna get lock up wolf cry. Trust me there's more to come out.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:22 AM   #41
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Big love for New jack city
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #42
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

so time for another rather long update starting from july 27th. hopefully i can post up as much as i can today.

So.. club loose night moves. $40.. drift all night? little did i know how this was going to be a reeeeallllllllllll long night. in the beginning everything was cool. thankfully it was a small turn out so i got a bunch of runs in. every run i learned something new and got to understand how this whole drift on dry land with a underpowered car really feels. ofcourse i would either go in too slow or enter too late so obviously mistakes were made. spinouts, eating rocks, cones, tire shards.. the whole ordeal. finally as i start to get comfortable with the car c class was over with and b and a class had a joined group since it was a small turn out. so i watched, observed other techniques for a few hours, got to talk to some people and make some suspension adjustments.. it was awesome. finally c group was ready to go and i was pumped.. ready to drive hard and put what i saw into action.

and this was the only picture i had all night of the car. and my friend dave in the back with the cress who welded my diff wound up breaking his welded diff somehow lol

so back to drifting. finally getting the hang of this, entering 3rd hard finally getting to slide the first turn atleast half way(this shit is looong), i would straighten out and just link the third and final turn and i was happy with that. after my 6th run i come back to the line up, and as i wait.. once again the night lights are shining pretty bright, reflecting off my hood and making my glasses hazy and blurry.. thought nothing of it and as im told to go i smell something. ignoring whatever smell it was, i dumped the clutch topping out the gears into 3rd as i approach the first turn. as im driving i can feel that this time around the car feels like its running out of steam and feels a lot less responsive then out of the 20+ runs i got in today.. but not giving a fuck im determined to clear this first turn with this ka. going in faster then all my other runs, quick flip of the e brake and clutch kick i begin to slide.. approaching more then half the turn i feel alot of momentum is lost and down shift into 2nd to keep it going. as i begin to exit out to slide to shortly begin the next turn i hear a distinctive noise that basically means to me, "i hope you enjoyed your wallet because im about to take everything from it." where i should have clutch kicked is where im actually screaming to myself in the car, "FUUUUCKKKKKKK!!!"

My KA24DEAD is now that HAD 14k on it was knocking like a mofo and im choking in smoke.. and is def not tire smoke -__-

So i quickly pull into the pits turn the car off and my friends are running over to me asking me wtf happened. smoke is entering through the top vents on the dash somehow and light smoke is seeping from any opening under the hood. as people are using there flash lights to view the smoke entering the interior thinking wtf is that happening, i pop the hood to see the catastrophe of what was a perfectly good motor the day before.. i now open my hood to see that opening my hood just contributed to my car becoming more on fire then what it already was. in the split second of me being like O_O!!!!!!!!! 4 other guys had already ran into their car.. grabbed fire extinguishers and put out the fire from under the hood and inside my interior. the header is glowing pink and the 10w-40 oil i changed the day before was thinner then water and 50x slicker then astro glide. we all wait a few minutes for all to clear and turn the car back on again... once again forced to hear what i took time and patience to make sure this thing was reliable, was knocking.

with a little over an hour, one of the local club loose dudes will had a shop nearby knew that towing my car from englishtown would have wiped all my money away.. offered to help tow my car to his shop to see further perform an autopsy and see what went wrong. so in the mean time, will an i rushed over to get the tow immidiatly so my car doesnt get locked in the lot over night and i dont get stuck paying a holding fee. and while we were gone, negrosx13 and a couple of friends helped pushed my torched s13 out of the lot. we finally get back to the track around 11:15.. the track had been closed since 10 and my friends were stuck waiting in the pitch black with hazards on waiting for us to come back. distraught, upset, angry and broke.. we set up planks.. removed the lip and got it up on the tow and we had another 45 min trip to bring the car to wills shop.

unfortunately i had no pictures during this time all all this because it was so pitch black and couldnt get ANY decent pictures. it was shoved on the side of the grass against a guard rail with the hazards on and fire extinguisher residue caked all on the car. if you watched the initial d episode where takumi blows his motor against that evo III.. just replace that exact scene but with my s13. it was scripted no better then that. and just like takumi, the whole ride back in the tow truck.. i knew that i wanted to come back stronger, quicker and better then ever. i wound up getting home at 2 in the morning that night and not seeing the car for a few days, i had some time to reflect, think about the direction that this car was going to take. the most important factor of this all was time. i had no car and school was starting right back up august 26th

and thats what ill leave you with now till i update later and you guys will see what went down for the crazy hectic month of august (with less reading and more pics lol)
Old 11-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #43
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
entertaining read, can't wait to see more
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #44
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
This shit is like a soap opera but for cars lol
Good luck man look forward to an update.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #45
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
good shit josh! this is an awesome read.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #46
MikeyMikee
Leaky Injector

MikeyMikee is an unknown quantity at this point
all of this happens on s.i and i dont kno about it lol if u need a hand lmk ill come by and chill or w.e
MikeyMikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #47
illvialuver
Post Whore!

that sucks. I wanna know wht cause it blow.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #48
negrosx13
Zilvia Addict

Oil pump and timing killed the motor..
Old 11-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #49
whitenoise
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (23)
whitenoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to whitenoise
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
that sucks. I wanna know wht cause it blow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by negrosx13 View Post
Oil pump and timing killed the motor..
the OP's want for an SR caused the engine to blow up. LOL

good read and great progress with ur build josh, keep it up man.

http://TM-SPL.COM
whitenoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #50
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
moar
MORE MORE MORE MORE MPOREMORE!!!
Old 11-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #51
blaaq

blaaq is an unknown quantity at this point
nice man love the updates
blaaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #52
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I love threads like these. I love you.
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #53
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

delado is an unknown quantity at this point
idk what it is. Like, your story telling has nothing special really but for some reason it's captivating. You must do good on essays bro dude.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #54
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
This shit is like a soap opera but for cars lol
Good luck man look forward to an update.
lol it is.. all car builds have SOME story to tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
good shit josh! this is an awesome read.
thanks dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMikee View Post
all of this happens on s.i and i dont kno about it lol if u need a hand lmk ill come by and chill or w.e
no doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitenoise View Post
the OP's want for an SR caused the engine to blow up. LOL

good read and great progress with ur build josh, keep it up man.
yeah ok lol, i babied that ka and u know it.. i just have bad luck with ka's :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
moar
MORE MORE MORE MORE MPOREMORE!!!
comin up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaaq View Post
nice man love the updates
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
I love threads like these. I love you.
and i love people who can appreciate something like this! got more coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
idk what it is. Like, your story telling has nothing special really but for some reason it's captivating. You must do good on essays bro dude.
LOL i do actually, sorry for the long stories.. i got as many pics as i could of the crap that ive done but i never really thought of making a build thread till now. but as the updates go on i promise there will be less and less camp fire story time and more pics :] got some updates coming in a few minutes
Old 11-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #55
negrosx13
Zilvia Addict

Old 11-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #56
KravingAKouki
Zilvia Junkie

KravingAKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn! Good build bro! Sorry for the losses, but nice come back! Definately subscribed
KravingAKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #57
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Lovin' it.

want moar.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #58
towlie
Post Whore!

towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
NEato build dude
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #59
cesdezSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
cesdezSil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cesdezSil80
nice car mang
Old 11-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #60
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Alright, about a week passes and im ready to tow the car back home from nowhereville nj back to staten island. autopsy revealed failed oil pump and compression numbers of 130,105,40,90 on all 4 cylinders. steering rack bushing is torn to shreds and my steering rack was off center by more than an inch and a half and passenger front coilover is oozing.

last but not least this is what caused the fire. a rust hole that was not there when i purchased the car, and since the header was so flush the floor of the car the sound deadening caught fire and burnt some of the carpet.

fire extinguished engine bay, that stuff got all sticky lol

next order of business is i have 3 weeks and counting to source a motor, get it in, trouble shoot and be ready for school.. so glad the week before i didnt pick up a nardi wheel and bucket seat. and DRUMMROOOOOLLLLLL!! .. engine of choice will be... -akward pause- a ka-t t25 setup! i figured the only way to go is up and finished what i intended to start

my good buddy 180sxdrifter had a spare back up long block with 100k on it and since he knew my situation he hooked it up for $20(+billions of dollars of tolls & gas) he reccomended to be safe was change the head gasket but other then that the motor was pretty clean internally. so i brought it home, scrubbed off the block and started piecing together a kit. for another 100 he gave me his intercooler kit and i got a free type s knock off bov from a friend since the intercooler had a greddy flange on it.

from there the following day i ordered a full gasket kit for the motor, lines for the turbo, water pump, thermostat, isis v2 manifold, and all misc. gaskets for the turbo. later during the day i met up with another friend to pick up a t25 with inlet and outlet pipes attached. basically all what was pending was a tapped oil pan which my friend will had laying around at his shop... just a matter of the waiting game.

i met up with another set of friends at my house and my one friend carl (had ride of the month in import tuner about a yr ago for his grey s13) was talking to me about some nonsense car stuff and how the car caught on fire.. yadadyadayda.. stupid stuff.. and a few minutes later he had just blurted out.. "damn man i wish i had my s13.. im about to build another right now.. this kid (forgot his name) is selling a complete turn key swap for 1000 bucks!"

O_O W T F ??????

quickly asked who and the kid wound up living 10 minutes from me and i had no idea this kid existed! quickly got his phone and told him ill pick it up first thing in the morning. it was obv a s13 sr blacktop with apparently 50k from the importer(yeah bullshit) and he put another 15k on it before his strut towers collpased when he was driving. he wound up parting the car except for the swap and was planning on keeping it for another car. a year and half passed by, the motor sat and he was building a mustang instead.

with the motor i got all the accessories, ecu, harness already wired for a 90(sweet), brand new oem water pump, brand spanking new exedy stage one clutch with less than 200 miles on it, trans, aftermarket elbow, downpipe and test pipe. i canceled my payment for the ka-t stuff and scooped it up.

spy pics!

i wasted no time. for the first time in forever i had absolutely $0 in my pocket so before i could do anything i had to make some money. i parted the ka quickly to my suprise. i sold the long block, radiator, header, 3 ecu's, harness, trans, and my beloved purple valve cover.. which recently was part of another blown ka lol. now that i had some money to comfortably play with, i stripped the block down to make sure this motor was true to what he said about. turns out he was correct, no signs of oil neglect, waterpump was new, turbo was in good shape and the clutch was brand new. the only thing that took some time to confirm was the wiring harness. i never wired up a sr harness so i made sure everything was done correct and traced everything back to where it was. no crappy connections, all looks good here. except for this obnoxiously long maf cable that ill trim after the motor is in the car running good( thats gonna come back to haunt me)

just because i have 3 weeks to put this motor in doesnt mean im going to half ass and cut corners. i like to take some pride in what i do. at the time i wish i had funds to stitch weld the bay and reshoot but i didnt, so sadly it has to go back in the same bay but i cleaned up all the extinguisher residue and oil and other gunk that built up over the months.

the goal was to put the sr in but have it look like nothing ever happened. so just like the ka, i resprayed everything and made sure everything was clean again

i had to wait a few days for a hoist so there the motor stood under the tarp that i would have thought would have protected the motor.. but we had some pretty bad storms during the month of august and it was cutting alot of progress time.

and some videos to get you entertained
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xlP2mgtaFc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPd9zmjtiEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7uvPRCk3xc

^^^^
THIS DAY SUCKED ASS. i had a tarp over this motor and there was so much weight on the tarp it fell over and all the coil pack covers were unconvered.. the valve cover wasnt tightened and all the spark plug holes over filled with water and spilled out into the head. basically i was sucking oil and water out of the sr head with a straw for over 20 mins.. SICK! not. btw if someone knows how to embed the youtube code so all these videos can be viewed and played without leaving the forum please show me how thanks :]

and then there was light! back to business. reassembled everything back together.. hoist is working good and in we go! shortly after this was in my friend came with a spare valve cover to slap on while mine got sent off to powdercoat from my friend.

like i said the goal was to pretend like nothing ever happened. and this was the result.

Last edited by ka24debt; 11-27-2011 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: didnt upload a pictar