Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:40 PM   #61
Mr. Camshaft
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Mr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Camshaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarius Maximus View Post
sweet, sounds like the gsg5 it is. I've always wanted one with a laser sight....
You're out of luck. They got hit with a lawsuit from H&K so no more GSG5's for anybody.
Mr. Camshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2009, 11:42 PM   #62
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc4usmc View Post
Then why do you ask why people feel the need to carry guns to protect themselves?

And, are you saying that the people who want to carry to protect themselves are pathetic or the people who make people feel as though they need to protect themselves? (Good guys or the bad guys)

good guys or the bad guys?

how do you know who's the bad guys, and the bad guys just pretending to be good? NO need, we'll just give them all guns and let it all figure itself out in the end.

EDIT

I don't know why I questioned the need for civilians to walk around with firearms. It was a dumb questions.

mrmephistopheles: words>fists>guns. Sometimes people get so heated that you just need to smash somethin'. Alcohol and drugs just promote violent behaviour. I'd rather people be curling their hand into a fist rather than over the grip of a pistol next time shit gets wild.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:56 PM   #63
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Why you can't bring guns into bars.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #64
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-via View Post
good guys or the bad guys?

how do you know who's the bad guys, and the bad guys just pretending to be good? NO need, we'll just give them all guns and let it all figure itself out in the end.
EDIT

I don't know why I questioned the need for civilians to walk around with firearms. It was a dumb questions.
You're from Canada, I'm not even going to bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:04 AM   #65
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
hahaha i knew it was going to come up that i'm from canada. Can't fight that argument I guess, different mentality.

Can't bring guns into bars ----> good.

Well obviously you can't bring guns into bars/clubs. I wasn't referring to that. People drink alcohol outside of bars and clubs, y'know.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:15 AM   #66
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Rules aren't the same here as there, same with rights. I'm barely an expert with mine, let alone Canada's.

Plus trying to convince someone that guns aren't bad for everyone is like trying to convince a gay guy that vagina's are better then wieners. Not gonna happen.

Quote:
Old 11-23-2009, 12:23 AM   #67
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Why you can't bring guns into bars.
You can in some states.

I don't think it's a great idea, personally, but at the same time, I can kinda understand the lack of restriction.

Quote:
hahaha i knew it was going to come up that i'm from canada. Can't fight that argument I guess, different mentality.
This is so true. Not bagging on Canada at all - it's a different world.
I heard of a news story on a major Canadian city where they walked around and opened people's front doors and went in, to see if anyone locked their doors. Nobody did, and every time someone was home (they only showed these instances), the residents greeted them with some confusion, no hostility. Americans are VERY territorial in that respect, and a stranger in your house unannounced = fight or flight reaction.

Like you said - different mentality.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:51 AM   #68
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Americans are VERY territorial in that respect, and a stranger in your house unannounced = fight or flight reaction.
I can't help but think that the hostile mentality is primarily due to the fact that you don't know whether or not the person has a firearm.

While it's true that a lot of people don't lock their doors (not me, however), Canada is far from the land of maple syrup and hugs. We still have home invasions, stabbings, gun fights during the day in open public, all of which is local to me. I can honestly say that it is to a great lesser extent than what the states has, or a lot more places in the world.

Me myself, would not be confused if an intruder came into my house, I would grab the sharpest object in my house and take a stab at them. If I owned a gun, I would probably shoot them. I am not saying guns are bad. I like guns, guns are good, mmmmmmkay? I think you should be able to protect you and your properties, but to an extent. Walking around with a loaded firearm to me is almost like a preemptive strike
Old 11-23-2009, 01:56 AM   #69
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Walking around with a loaded firearm to me is almost like a preemptive strike
This is why I LOVE the idea of licensed concealed carry.

Essentially, as long as you jump through the appropriate bureaucratic hoops and meet all necessary requirements (like firearms training, background checks, paperwork, etc etc). The most important part of this is the training. Open carry is legal in almost every state here, which means that anyone permitted to OWN a pistol is permitted to carry it in public. This is potentially bad, since untrained persons are likely to react unpredictably. That could lead to conflict escalations, or other negative scenarios. Concealed carry permit holders are trained to avoid conflict as much as possible, and that if running away from a conflict can remove you from danger, to do so. I really like that idea.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:57 AM   #70
DETT
Leaky Injector

DETT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I can't help but think that the hostile mentality is primarily due to the fact that you don't know whether or not the person has a firearm.
You would be wrong sir, the general public has no frickin clue, its not like 100% of us down here carry. Hell I could be printing horribly and not one person will notice that is how oblivious most in public are. People simply don't notice you are carrying.

The sad truth is there are so many people that need psychiatric help nowadays and are just sick minded it's startling, if that means strapping on an extra couple pounds day to day to keep myself and those I am close to safe so be it.

And to go back to what you or someone said about rather throwing a fist rather than have someone take a shot, I completely agree but I would rather not deal with the situation at all and instead unass the problem and let the other guy have the bigger ego, screw getting assault charges pressed on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
This is why I LOVE the idea of licensed concealed carry.

Essentially, as long as you jump through the appropriate bureaucratic hoops and meet all necessary requirements (like firearms training, background checks, paperwork, etc etc). The most important part of this is the training. Open carry is legal in almost every state here, which means that anyone permitted to OWN a pistol is permitted to carry it in public. This is potentially bad, since untrained persons are likely to react unpredictably. That could lead to conflict escalations, or other negative scenarios. Concealed carry permit holders are trained to avoid conflict as much as possible, and that if running away from a conflict can remove you from danger, to do so. I really like that idea.
This I will also agree with, open carry to me is a huge liability, to those who do it great, you have more balls than I. How bout you go take a look at stats on how many officers are killed with their own firearm every year though.

Too much for me and I already try to keep my self pretty situationally aware, but open carry would make me feel like I have to have eyes in the back of my head.

ETA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Camshaft View Post
You're out of luck. They got hit with a lawsuit from H&K so no more GSG5's for anybody.
Are you sure about that? quick look on gunbroker tells otherwise, infact they have expanded the lineup it seems to an AK clone, also I believe you may have been mistaken for Coharie or Vulcan that were making the MP5 clones. They deff got sued because the design is the same using the roller locking mechanism the HK was known for using. The GSG has no common function as the MP5 other than the looks.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:22 AM   #71
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETT View Post
Are you sure about that? quick look on gunbroker tells otherwise, infact they have expanded the lineup it seems to an AK clone, also I believe you may have been mistaken for Coharie or Vulcan that were making the MP5 clones. They deff got sued because the design is the same using the roller locking mechanism the HK was known for using. The GSG has no common function as the MP5 other than the looks.
HK sued ATI over the mp5 clone because HK is going to make a .22 mp5 supposedly. The box said mp5 on it somewhere but my box doesn't. (maybe early production run)

"Production and importation of the original design GSG-5 ceased as of Oct, 8, 2009 with the signing of the agreement. The remaining inventory now in the USA can be sold by ATI, all distributors and dealers. ATI currently has GSG-5’s in stock. All sales of the GSG-5 by ATI must conclude by January 31, 2010. ATI will continue to service every firearm that it imports into the USA. "

This years shot show is where ATI will reveal what they have to replace it.

Now they're are two "gens" of the GSG5. You'll want the second gen. It has a better fix on the extraction plate. There are still plenty of GSG's for sale. A ton of airsoft parts fit it.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:36 AM   #72
dynamicck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
In California, the conceal weapons permit is VERY strict.
There is alot of training and procedures in order to get one. It's not like some random dude, can just apply and obtain one. (they can for purchase, but not for carry)

A lot people want conceal permit because they do not want to be a victim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWgp2abM2w
dynamicck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:45 AM   #73
olah.inc
Zilvia Member

olah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enough
hk mp7, i was really impressed of that gun
olah.inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:34 AM   #74
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan View Post
its a glock with a fancy body kit.

ditto. they jsut have the auto convertion done to them..

cool non the less to have ..
Old 11-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #75
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicck View Post
In California, the conceal weapons permit is VERY strict.
There is alot of training and procedures in order to get one.
Depends on your location. Even with training you can't get one the Sacramento area.

Great video. Not that long ago, but things have changed so much in such little time.

Quote:
Old 11-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #76
ho0dlumka13
Zilvia Member

ho0dlumka13 will become famous soon enoughho0dlumka13 will become famous soon enoughho0dlumka13 will become famous soon enoughho0dlumka13 will become famous soon enough
in that last video did any of you notice the two tone coupe in the background?
stay on topic guns are cool i had a chance to shoot a 357 magnum, colt 45, and a few 12 gages nothing special
Old 11-24-2009, 03:56 PM   #77
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Thats awesome!!! Someone tries to mug u while you walk and pow Bitches!!! Its cheaper to feed a criminal a lead sandwich than it is to house them in jail! Please feed the dumb asses of the world!
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #78
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Tmi.........

Last edited by S13Boosts; 11-24-2009 at 09:37 PM..
S13Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #79
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
Please feed the dumb asses of the world!
Who are you referring to?

Quote:
Old 11-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #80
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Boosts View Post
Is this the owners gun club on zilvia???...Im Armed with a 9MM GLOCK with hollows..im so impatient with it....i sometimes take all the bullets out and cock it and point it at people and squeeze...im soo trigger happy....i also keep 11 bullets in it! 1 ready to go and 10 for the rest of ur body!
If you ever did that to me you would be dead. No Joke.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:59 PM   #81
driftking777
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
driftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
If you ever did that to me you would be dead. No Joke.
Agreed, me and my .45 dont like being point at. And yes i carry all the time.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #82
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I can't even take that as a joke, I hope you are not a gun owner for your own safety. SERIOUS DELETE THAT
Old 12-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #83
Mr. Camshaft
Zilvia Member

Mr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to all

My round hit the ground before going through the can. Thought it was a neato picture. Steel bullets ftw.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #84
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This thread reminds me. Its almost time for our annual new years shooting again.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #85
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
yo is this sum gun thread?

there are four guns i want in my life:

-Springfield Armory XD 9mm (general purpose handgun)
-Walther P22 (cheap plinking and it doesn't look like an alien space laser)
-ak-47 (cheap plinking on my uncle's land, or my other uncle's farm, or my buddy's grandpa's farm, or my roommate's uncle's farm, blah blah farm blah land blah middle america blah blah blah)
-Mossberg 500 (home protection, not that it's necessary, and skeet shooting)

probably going to pick up the shotgun first, this coming spring. did a LOT of shooting over the summer with my uncle's auto shotgun, and it was really fun. last time we shot, we were throwing skeet into his neighbor's corn field on the day before deer season. he doesn't like his neighbor and was trying to scare off the deer.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:01 PM   #86
Mr. Camshaft
Zilvia Member

I'd get the Rem 870 over the the Mossberg. The action just feels a lot nicer.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #87
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
sure (i don't know), but the Mossberg is 200 bucks. what's retail on the 870?
Old 12-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #88
Mr. Camshaft
Zilvia Member

Just under 300 i think. I guess it's hard to beat the mossberg for the money.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:04 AM   #89
NismoDriverS13
Zilvia Junkie

NismoDriverS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
fuck guns! their too dangerous....

this is what Im getting

NismoDriverS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:52 AM   #90
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

coww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to coww-cho!!!!!
you gotta wear the leather though
**CoUpe LOve** #3
coww-cho!!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote