Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:41 AM   #1
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
F1 2021 Thread

SO. . . .
the 2021 F1 season calendar has been announced yesterday, and it looks like the season will kick off March 28th in Bahrain.

⚬28 March ? Bahrain (Sakhir)
⚬18 April - Italy (Imola*)
⚬2 May - TBC
⚬9 May ? Spain (Barcelona)
⚬23 May ? Monaco (Monaco)
⚬6 June ? Azerbaijan (Baku)
⚬13 June ? Canada (Montreal)
⚬27 June ? France (Le Castellet)
⚬4 July ? Austria (Spielberg)
⚬18 July ? United Kingdom (Silverstone)
⚬1 August ? Hungary (Budapest)
⚬29 August ? Belgium (Spa)
⚬5 September ? Netherlands (Zandvoort)
⚬12 September ? Italy (Monza)
⚬26 September ? Russia (Sochi)
⚬3 October ? Singapore (Singapore)
⚬10 October ? Japan (Suzuka)
⚬24 October ? USA (Austin)
⚬31 October ? Mexico (Mexico City)
⚬7 November ? Brazil (Sao Paulo)
⚬21 November - Australia (Melbourne*)
⚬5 December - Saudi Arabia (Jeddah**)
⚬12 December - Abu Dhabi (Yas Island)

Also, news was released of Cyril leaving Renault yesterday, it was previously expected that he would transition to a different role but still remain with Renault

Predictions? Will Ferarri be able to take back their role as consistent challenger to MBZ or will they languish mid-pack? Will Vettel find redemption now that he's no longer driving for them? Will Kimi make it through another season? Will it be another season of Max vs Lewis (and sometimes Valteri) or will things get shook up?

DISCUSS.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2021, 10:24 AM   #2
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
I'm hoping we have an exciting season. I am very much looking forward to Max + Checo racing against Lewis and Valtteri. Max has shown on multiple occasions that RB's car is more than capable to take on the Mercs at the front.

Will Aston Martin have a good enough car to compete against Mercedes?

I also wonder how important this season will be for Valtteri after George Russell's performance at Sakhir. Had Mercedes not completely ruined Russel's race with that horrible pitstop, he would've shown up Valtteri in a car he didn't even properly fit into.

It is sad to see the amount of bad luck Valtteri has had, but a large part of it has also felt like he chokes at times. Once he gets swallowed up by the midfield pack, he has a hard time overtaking and getting out of it.

Still disappointed Nikita Mazepin is being allowed to stay at Haas, but money talks I suppose. His style of racing is extremely dangerous and could end up with someone being hurt as a result.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:16 AM   #3
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
-kenny- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Checo and Max would be a good one
Also Alonso coming back.
I think Daniel in Mclaren has a biggest chance to win something this year
-kenny- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:48 PM   #4
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Really glad they're going back to Imola. I hope they return to Turkey in May as well.

Ferrari is a wildcard right now in my eyes. Mclaren, Austin Martin, and Renault seem like they're more ready to give Mercedes and RBR a run for their money than Ferrari does.

Vettel is still going to be trash. Kimi is still going to be solid. Russel is still going to be a great drive in a shit car (though hopefully not quite as bad) and will probably get taken out of a race or two by Mazepin. I could see Bottas losing his seat to Russel in 2022 (though I'm not exactly sure how long Bottas' contract is). And I suppose there still is the possibility of Hamilton losing his seat to Russel as well since he refuses to negotiate a reasonable contract.

Curious to see how things go at Zandvoort. I've played some videogames on that track and it's.... weird...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post
Checo and Max would be a good one
Also Alonso coming back.
I think Daniel in Mclaren has a biggest chance to win something this year
Checo vs Max is going to be an interesting matchup. I think getting them to play nice will be reminiscent of Hamilton and Rosberg 2017.

Alonso's return should be interesting, but sadly I could easily see things going the same way they did the year he left.

Ricciardo and Norris are going to be insane. If Mclaren was that quick with Renault's subpar power unit last year, they're going to be unstoppable with Mercedes. I think the chassis will suit Ricciardo's driving style perfectly and give him everything he needs to fuck some shit upppppp

I'm way excited. March is so farrrrrrrrr
Old 01-13-2021, 04:42 PM   #5
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

I don’t think Ferrari is doing so well under new owner due to no more cheating lol. Their time is over.
Vettel will do well but I don’t think he will be the one like when he was at RB.
I agreed with you about Bottas. Russell did an amazing job in one race with small shoes hahah. His time has come for bigger team and under Toto Wolf. Funny how Lewis still haven’t got a contact.
Kinda wish they threw in the new rules so no more power house this year. Like a one off wild year like when Button won his championship under Brawm team. They need to chill under new rules and adapt ASAP to 3 days testing.
I have a good feeling Daniel will do very well at Mclaren. Don’t see Amg going anywhere soon with their engine unit.
Kimi was great and a legend in his own way. But his time has come for younger driver

Talking about young driver I want to see Gasly do wild shit at Alpha Like last year. I think this year mid team will be very excited.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:38 PM   #6
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Plus the legendary Schumacher name returning to F1 under the Haas banner

https://www.haasf1team.com/news/mick...d-haas-f1-team

Quote:
Old 01-13-2021, 08:33 PM   #7
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Plus the legendary Schumacher name returning to F1 under the Haas banner

https://www.haasf1team.com/news/mick...d-haas-f1-team
I hope he can do well by all means. It?s hard holding that name down in f1
Old 01-14-2021, 06:06 AM   #8
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
I'm hoping we have an exciting season. I am very much looking forward to Max + Checo racing against Lewis and Valtteri. Max has shown on multiple occasions that RB's car is more than capable to take on the Mercs at the front.

Will Aston Martin have a good enough car to compete against Mercedes?
I feel like there more than what we see in this relationship. I have a feeling Mercedes is feeding Racing Point/Aston Martin a lot of info behind close doors. I mean how can you make a replica car out of pics. Also Mercedes didn?t protest it nor care about it which is wild to me. But they it?s their customers car so who know. Lance Strolls family knows how to buy themselves into this sport
Old 01-14-2021, 06:09 AM   #9
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

Quote:
SO. . . .

Also, news was released of Cyril leaving Renault yesterday, it was previously expected that he would transition to a different role but still remain with Renault
We know he left bc he didn?t want to get that tattoo
Old 01-14-2021, 10:09 AM   #10
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I think RB jumped the gun on Checo.. yes he is a great driver no doubt about it, He does deserve a shot at a team that has potential to be at the forefront. My thing is Checo hasn't been stacked up against a teammate as fierce as Max in a long time or say ever.. Jenson Button was the last driver that gave him a headache like Max will and they were 9th and 10th respectfully in 2013 with Jenson being 9th..

Sure he looked good next to lance and out placed him in many ways but that should be expected. You would think the way the RP20 was performing he would've done a lot better considering its legit the 3rd best chassis on the grid. I really don't think he will stack up against Max the way everyone is thinking .

I do realize that this is what Redbull does caters to one driver and keeps the other driver as a strategic piece to fight off the top contenders.. lets see if he can swallow that pill, manage to be behind max and maintain 2nd row lockouts like Horner is anticipating or else this is gonna be a Riccardo v Max V2 and we all know how that season went for them. Intrigued to see Yuki alonside Gasly,( finally a Japanese talent thats not gonna suck.) DANDO, Charles and Carlos or how dominate the W11? will be with the changes and without the DAS system. So many things to look forward to regarding this season coming.. LETS GOOO
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:03 PM   #11
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

I mean RB needs someone there to back up Max. No one has done that since Daniel left. Gasly couldn’t hold it down but he is doing better to Alpha. Checo just needs to get points so RB and get more prize money. I don’t think they wanted checo there to go against Max. Just like Bottas to Mercedes.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:54 PM   #12
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Quote:
I mean RB needs someone there to back up Max. No one has done that since Daniel left. Gasly couldn?t hold it down but he is doing better to Alpha. Checo just needs to get points so RB and get more prize money. I don?t think they wanted checo there to go against Max. Just like Bottas to Mercedes.
Minus the fluke win he scored as many points as Albon did. They want more of a aggressive driver that will score points but for me to believe Perez is gonna hop in that seat and do a great job off the bat with an entirely different crew car etc is hard for me to fathom. Daniel drove a whole year to get situated with the Renault car and team and he's got two 3rd place finishes and 5th place overall this season to show for it which makes me feel like Checo isnt gonna just hop in the car and be what Horner/Redbull needs that is just entirely too much pressure. We will see with it being a full season it might work out for Checo.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:16 AM   #13
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
Minus the fluke win he scored as many points as Albon did. They want more of a aggressive driver that will score points but for me to believe Perez is gonna hop in that seat and do a great job off the bat with an entirely different crew car etc is hard for me to fathom. Daniel drove a whole year to get situated with the Renault car and team and he's got two 3rd place finishes and 5th place overall this season to show for it which makes me feel like Checo isnt gonna just hop in the car and be what Horner/Redbull needs that is just entirely too much pressure. We will see with it being a full season it might work out for Checo.
i think a huge factor in how the season plays out will be reliability. Max would have been much closer in points had he not DNF'd 5 times this last season. He could have potentially been battling Valteri for P2 in the championship standings.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2021, 09:59 AM   #14
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

Wonder what will RB do after this year due to Honda leaving. I mean Honda shown they can make winning engine. But again it’s f1 bigger manufacturer doesn’t want RB to have a good engine.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:15 PM   #15
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
i think a huge factor in how the season plays out will be reliability. Max would have been much closer in points had he not DNF'd 5 times this last season. He could have potentially been battling Valteri for P2 in the championship standings.

Totally agree with you on that!

Quote:
Wonder what will RB do after this year due to Honda leaving. I mean Honda shown they can make winning engine. But again it?s f1 bigger manufacturer doesn?t want RB to have a good engine.
Last I've heard they were trying to get Honda to release the motor specs so they can attempt to create the motors or have an engine supplier do so
main reason why RB fought the FIA so hard on not changing the rules until next year they have no engine supplier. Honda already confirmed due to plans of making the company have a Zero carbon foot print and go hydrogen?? ( Dont quote me) by 2050 the same engineers that are apart of the F1 side are the same guys that would be participating in the plans for this 2050 goal they have.
Old 01-16-2021, 12:34 PM   #16
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
Last I've heard they were trying to get Honda to release the motor specs so they can attempt to create the motors or have an engine supplier do so
main reason why RB fought the FIA so hard on not changing the rules until next year they have no engine supplier. Honda already confirmed due to plans of making the company have a Zero carbon foot print and go hydrogen?? ( Dont quote me) by 2050 the same engineers that are apart of the F1 side are the same guys that would be participating in the plans for this 2050 goal they have.
I don't think a company like Honda would release something like that honestly. but who knows if RB can get them to do it.
8 years from now F1 will be come FE
Old 01-17-2021, 08:11 AM   #17
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Max haven't got luck on his car yet honestly. he is good driver that needs a team that can back him up. Honda just needs to stay to see RB ands Max wins again.
Old 10-26-2021, 03:30 PM   #18
brndck
Premium Member

things are looking good for max. If he's ever gonna win a world title, this might be the year to do it. Checo has strong performances too. RBR is only 23 pts behind Mercedes with five races left in the season.

IMO strategy was what gave max the W in texas, honda is expected to have an advantage next race in mexico as well.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2021, 04:33 PM   #19
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Funny how wrong my pre-season predictions were

RBR definitely got the strategy right, but Max also got very lucky catching Schumacher right there at the end. That was perfectly timed.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:40 PM   #20
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Funny how wrong my pre-season predictions were

RBR definitely got the strategy right, but Max also got very lucky catching Schumacher right there at the end. That was perfectly timed.
No doubt. I guess I never realized you would get DRS when lapping someone. I think Lewis would have caught him otherwise. Might not have passed him, but would have been much closer.

Quote:
Old 10-28-2021, 01:55 PM   #21
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
No doubt. I guess I never realized you would get DRS when lapping someone. I think Lewis would have caught him otherwise. Might not have passed him, but would have been much closer.
Ah yeah, kinda a silly thing idk why they don't disable it for lapped traffic.

Hate how mercedes always does the come from behind strategy. Such pussies.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:57 PM   #22
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Totally didnt expect that either. though i thought mick was kind of blocking at first, then gave max drs.

either way, this season has only been entertaining to me due to the points. not how max and lewis have been racing. Max and marko are buncha bitches
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 02:08 PM   #23
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Ah yeah, kinda a silly thing idk why they don't disable it for lapped traffic.

Hate how mercedes always does the come from behind strategy. Such pussies.
lol lewis every race:
"the tires are gone, I can't possibly keep up"
-sets fastest lap and walks off into the sunset.

Quote: