Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-05-2023, 10:19 AM   #121
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectsupra View Post
Just had to grind the little lip off the back side of the center light so the lens would stick out. Ended up making a few revisions to the model but 2 or 3 PETG prints later and I ended up with a pretty good view angle and fit.
I might revise it again later to angle down and poke it out the hole a little more.

Such a cool build! Would you by any change be willing to share the .stl for the camera holder?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2023, 01:23 PM   #122
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sure, no problem, just uploaded it to thingiverse for you.
I need to modify the bracket slightly in the future, to poke a little more out the keyhole and maybe use a better camera, the Q50 one is only 1lux so pretty poor in low light.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6306467
projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 11:40 AM   #123
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Sure, no problem, just uploaded it to thingiverse for you.
I need to modify the bracket slightly in the future, to poke a little more out the keyhole and maybe use a better camera, the Q50 one is only 1lux so pretty poor in low light.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6306467
Absolutely fantastic!
Thank you very much.
Old 02-12-2024, 05:00 PM   #124
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
this build lives rent free in my head ever since I saw the headlight post on the definitive thread

any chance you'd be willing to upload those files to thingiverse? I'd like to do a remix if you'd allow it
Old 02-12-2024, 09:23 PM   #125
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
What files specifically? I've uploaded a few of the TPU models just now.

https://www.printables.com/model/763...ss-boots/files
Old 02-13-2024, 11:11 PM   #126
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Sorry I should've been more specific, the ones for the headlight set up you did
Old 02-17-2024, 07:16 AM   #127
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Oh sorry, I'm not quite ready to hand out those files just yet. I'll think it over but I'd like to make a few BiLED or Bixenon low-pro fiberglass/carbon headlight kits first, whenever I can find the time
Old 02-17-2024, 12:31 PM   #128
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Haven't updated this in a while, life getting busy and the car is taking a back seat.

I guess we'll start under the car, I found the perfect spot to mount the charcoal canister, fits like it was meant to be here with the custom bracket and hoses.

Also got a custom steel driveshaft made locally after DriveshaftShop wanted over $700 to make a custom one that's maybe 1" longer than an OEM S14 shaft.

Finished up the trunk pop button and license plate lights, quick little print and some wiring.

Then moved on to wrapping the downpipes and installing the clutch line, another custom bracket and custom bent hardline.

Fabbed up some bracketry for this fuse box.

Also got around to learning how to TIG aluminum, after a couple practice beads I decided to go ahead and try on the piping and this was the result, very happy with how they turned out.

And with the intakes in I could make the brackets to hold the filters in place, more custom brackets. These will get some fiberglass/printed splash guards / airbox thing at some point before it gets driven.

Now we get to move on to the fun stuff, I'm using the Q50 door latches and newer style strikers, so more metal work to adapt the cable latches to the old rod style handles.

Finished up the door wiring as well, had to de-pin both harnesses and feed the wires through the original boots one by one.

And while I was wiring I mounted the BCU & IPDM permanently, more custom printed brackets. IPDM snaps in and also holds 2 relays on the back.

Now for my favorite part, I'll leave you with this.
I got the touchless door handles working, after I had to de-pot the OEM sensors and encase them in epoxy in the handle, only minor work to the handles to get them to fit.
Also fit the lights in, works amazing. Still need to find a place for the lock button though.

Old 02-17-2024, 05:54 PM   #129
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Touchless door handle mod is very clever. Nice update man.
Old 02-19-2024, 09:04 PM   #130
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Oh sorry, I'm not quite ready to hand out those files just yet. I'll think it over but I'd like to make a few BiLED or Bixenon low-pro fiberglass/carbon headlight kits first, whenever I can find the time
understood! ill wait for those to drop or work on my own, appreciate what youre doing to these cars
Old 02-20-2024, 05:14 PM   #131
thermogod
Leaky Injector

thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
well that's just ridiculous. this whole thread is ridiculous. awesome
Old 02-20-2024, 08:39 PM   #132
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Absolutely crushing it!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 08:38 AM   #133
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermogod View Post
well that's just ridiculous. this whole thread is ridiculous. awesome
Yep that was about my reaction too, sheesh. Some truly incredible fab work going on in here -- big props for the impeccable attention to detail. Can't wait to see more of this!