Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:11 PM   #301
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Any updates on this?
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2019, 04:53 PM   #302
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
any updates on what? FR sport is still alive and well, and taking orders with hit or miss customer service. not much else to update on?
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:01 AM   #303
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
FRSport did me dirty.

4/27 place order (cc charged)
4/30 receive email saying not all my items are avail. call them right away, now you have to give your info to an automated deal and wait for a return call. awesome. they call me, i say: remove part not available, ship rest of items. cool. crisis averted
5/1 order part that wasnt available from fr, on ebay
5/6 part arrives from ebay (seller was in GA, im in OR)
5/8 frsport emails me "order packed" message.. full order. including part they said wasnt avail.
5/8 email and call frsport, looking to have either the part removed, credited, set up an return. no answer
5/13 still waiting on parts. Hasnt shipped yet. Or replied to me.

Last time I buy from Frsport. Next time I will order from someone who answers email and phone calls.
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #304
cured13
Zilvia Addict

cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Sadly same here,
called them few times over coupe of days and never heard back from them.
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:47 PM   #305
towlie
Post Whore!

towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Its a bummer cuz over the last 10 years ive spent thousands there and lately the shipping time and customer service has gone to shit
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:13 AM   #306
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
Its a bummer cuz over the last 10 years ive spent thousands there and lately the shipping time and customer service has gone to shit
They just sent me a quote for a seat rail and now im not sure if i want to order it from them anymore. I have also been a customer from them for atleast 5 years and have spent alot there. May just wait on enjuku to get their next shipment in a month.
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:26 AM   #307
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
literally I used to go to FRSport FIRST, for everything. I lived 5 mins from there, they had staff that knew wtf they were talking about, and they always stocked what I needed.

now I go there LAST, especially since they don't offer pickup, dropship everything, and theres maybe 2-3 ppl who know their shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent S14 View Post
They just sent me a quote for a seat rail and now im not sure if i want to order it from them anymore. I have also been a customer from them for atleast 5 years and have spent alot there. May just wait on enjuku to get their next shipment in a month.
what seat rail are you looking for?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:43 AM   #308
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
literally I used to go to FRSport FIRST, for everything. I lived 5 mins from there, they had staff that knew wtf they were talking about, and they always stocked what I needed.

now I go there LAST, especially since they don't offer pickup, dropship everything, and theres maybe 2-3 ppl who know their shit

what seat rail are you looking for?
Type MO Bride S14 Passenger Side for USA. I guess thats how they ask you which side. I have the drivers side .
Old 09-27-2019, 12:26 PM   #309
ClowesClause

Trader Rating: (0)
ClowesClause is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sorry to resurrect but here's whats currently going on with me:

tl;dr - shady business seems shady

<rant>
22/08 order placed/money goes through (paypal)-10 items
26/08 notified 1/10 items needs to be "allocated from alternative warehouse",9/10 ready to go, do i want all item together or 2 separate shipments, the one item being later or just cancel that item
27/08 say all-together and get response same day confirming request
06/09 i email them asking for updates/status
13/09 i email again asking whats up and (in polite terms) what they can do for me/hurry up
14/09 they reply with we have 4/10 items now (still doesn't include the original "allocated" item
16/09 request order cancellation, and tell them i need money back by 19/09 (at my work atleast it takes...oh about, 10 min to reverse a transaction, so that fair right?)
18/09 they reply with they "have put in a request to cancel your order"
26/09 convey my annoyance to them about this whole situation, give them a day or get involved with paypal
27/09 reply that because they're moving, to allow 1-2 more weeks to get the refund

honestly its no wonder why they're business isnt doing well, i mean i get stuff doesn't always go as smooth as possible but when you're taking weeks to reply to honest inquires, selling already allocated parts to someone else (im assuming, why else would 5 items magically not be ready anymore), and taking 3+ weeks to cancel an order, WTF are you doing?!?!
</rant>

i feel like i just had to post this for anyone else out there to make their own decisions.

side note, other than enjuku, where is everyone getting parts from now? ([trying] to get back in the car game after a few years, everything has changed and shipping to Washington/Canada can get expensive )
Old 09-27-2019, 01:08 PM   #310
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClowesClause View Post
sorry to resurrect but here's whats currently going on with me:

tl;dr - shady business seems shady
They fired pretty much everyone at FR.
Its legit like 2 people left.
If you have an outstanding order with them, i'd suggest cancelling it and either disputing it with your credit card company or bank.

IN THE MEANTIME

I've had great experiences with:
-Enjuku
-Z1 (mostly for like z32/Z33 parts, or other stuff that is compatible with s-chassis)
-TougeFactory
-Corner3
-Faction Motorsports

Quote:
Old 09-29-2019, 10:34 AM   #311
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Fr sports turned to shit. I used to get everything from them. I can’t even order a simple gasket without them losing it and fucking it up.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:37 AM   #312
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
Fr sports turned to shit. I used to get everything from them. I can’t even order a simple gasket without them losing it and fucking it up.
same. I used to stop by there all the time on my way home, and it was quick and easy. Once they fired all the people who actually knew what the fuck was going on, and replaced them all with min. wage people who barely knew how to answer the phone, and didn't know shit about cars, or give a shit about cars, you could tell shit was going downhill.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2019, 01:34 PM   #313
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Shame, what an end to an era. I can't see them coming back from this as everyone has found other sources now.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:41 PM   #314
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Shame, what an end to an era. I can't see them coming back from this as everyone has found other sources now.
TBH its been about 4-5 years of them doing dumb ass shit, that has finally FULLY bit them in the ass.

They stopped being "FR" and started trying to spread out into other markets, like wrx/evo, did dumb shit like buying TWO new imprezas, not even STI, just imprezas, let their customer experience turn to shit, fired reliable employees who were heavily involved in the car scene and tried to replace them with entry level people who don't know shit, turned into a dropship operation, lied/misled people about availability or backorders, and generally made it impossible to get the order you paid for, in a reasonable timeframe.

Sucks to see their story end like this, but you can't feel bad when they spent the last few years ignoring every signal and screwing over their customers

by contrast, the last time I ordered something from Enjuku, one of the gaskets was out of stock (it was just a 3bolt downpipe gasket) they emailed me within a day, it was an actual person sending the email, not just an auto generated thing, asking me if I wanted it cancelled off the order so the rest of the items would ship, or if I wanted to switch to a different brand that was in stock, even though there was a price difference (the one in stock was like $3 more). THAT is how you get my business. Handle shit asap, and i'll be happy to give you my dollars.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2019, 03:38 PM   #315
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClowesClause View Post

side note, other than enjuku, where is everyone getting parts from now? ([trying] to get back in the car game after a few years, everything has changed and shipping to Washington/Canada can get expensive )
Yup i moved to enjuku, this thread literally scared me off frsport. They have been treating me well, im very happy with their service.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:10 PM   #316
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I like FRSPORT website and I've been satisfied for the most part, but the wait time is Horrible! I just ordered a TAARKS top mount fuel rail from Australia, and if it gets here within 10 days then I'm done with FRSPORT.
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:21 AM   #317
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
I like FRSPORT website and I've been satisfied for the most part, but the wait time is Horrible! I just ordered a TAARKS top mount fuel rail from Australia, and if it gets here within 10 days then I'm done with FRSPORT.
Taarks is fantastic. Great quality, tons of stuff in stock, tons of parts that only they make, or only like 2 places make (PS relocation kit, only them and like NAPREC make it, and its dope, and its reasonably priced), plus the USD is way nice vs AUD.

Quote:
Old 10-03-2019, 01:36 PM   #318
TqMnster
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
TqMnster is making a name for him/her selfTqMnster is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Going on 3 or 4 weeks now waiting on a refund. What a disaster purchasing from FRSport has been. My Paypal claim should be up tomorrow since it's been weeks and they've failed to respond
TqMnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:57 PM   #319
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
I get everything I can from Aussie as in most cases, they get here faster than stateside

ALL my VE bits are from taarks sans water neck (got a good deal). CAS, Oil block, P11 solenoid block, Timing gear, etc etc. Cheaper and of the same (or in most cases better) quality than what is available stateside.

Taariq also answers all his messages within a few hours when I send them .

So who owns FR now?? Why did they clean house?? I knew the jig was up when they moved to a smaller location and stored everything offsite at some random warehouse.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 11:59 PM   #320
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
So who owns FR now?? Why did they clean house?? I knew the jig was up when they moved to a smaller location and stored everything offsite at some random warehouse.
Same owner. He’s pretty much the only person left. My understanding is they couldn’t afford the rent on the fountain valley location any longer, hence the yard sale.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2019, 12:19 PM   #321
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Same owner. He’s pretty much the only person left. My understanding is they couldn’t afford the rent on the fountain valley location any longer, hence the yard sale.
About half of what you said is correct and the other half is based on assumptions from the outside looking in.

It's easy to say they're doing dumb shit, but every business has to evolve with the landscape and changing economic conditions. Sometimes you make good decisions and it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

I guess I can write about every single little thing gone wrong there (given that I was actually working there in a large/meaningful capacity) but it's just all gossip at this point.
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:17 PM   #322
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I just got my fuel rail from EFI today. It set in customs in Chicago for 4 days. 15 days total wait time,
I'm done with FRSPORT.
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #323
EnergeticPhenom
Zilvia Member

EnergeticPhenom is making a name for him/her selfEnergeticPhenom is making a name for him/her self
I go to maperformance if they have what I need for this platform. I always liked them for purchasing Evo parts.
EnergeticPhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:40 PM   #324
hippo_chips
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
hippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nice
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Still waiting on an order placed in August... Never knew they went to shit. Was giving them a chance since I’ve never had problems ordering from them waaaaaay back then, but this thread is changing my mind.
hippo_chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:15 PM   #325
Grocery Cart
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Grocery Cart is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippo_chips View Post
Still waiting on an order placed in August... Never knew they went to shit. Was giving them a chance since I’ve never had problems ordering from them waaaaaay back then, but this thread is changing my mind.
Same thing. Ordered two parts that were in stock, a week went by and nothing. I emailed monday and got a reply at 3am on Tuesday that said they don't have one of the parts in stock. I told them just to cancel the order and haven't heard back yet.
Grocery Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:42 PM   #326
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
I guess I can write about every single little thing gone wrong there (given that I was actually working there in a large/meaningful capacity) but it's just all gossip at this point.
Not that it's any of my business as I haven't dealt with FRSport at all, but I'd be interested to hear a quick rundown of the cause for decline. Were it anyone else, I wouldn't care, but I know you have a habit of being real and speaking truth.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:50 PM   #327
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Not that it's any of my business as I haven't dealt with FRSport at all, but I'd be interested to hear a quick rundown of the cause for decline. Were it anyone else, I wouldn't care, but I know you have a habit of being real and speaking truth.
It's just very simple:

They got big, they tried to do more, they weren't prepared to do all the extra stuff (either in the form of manpower, policies, finances, or compartmentalization), so it all came crumbling down.

That's the cliff notes version of it...
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:38 PM   #328
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Update. 1.5 months later I got my gasket, and it’s the wrong one.Fuck you Frsports, fucking useless.

Last edited by singlecamslam; 10-25-2019 at 11:31 AM..
singlecamslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:19 AM   #329
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Just thought I would chime in and say I have had great experiences with Jesse Streeter and RHD Japan for brand new aftermarket parts. Typically the prices are less (even with shipping from Japan) and the delivery time is quicker than places in the states, which honestly blows my mind.

I spent thousands with FR Sport over the last 10+ years, but have had multiple friends with issues just like those in this thread over the last year or two. It really is a bummer. Once they removed the reliable in stock/needs to be ordered messaging from their website a couple years back I bailed out.

Enjuku and TF Works have also been good to me.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:23 AM   #330
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Just thought I would chime in and say I have had great experiences with Jesse Streeter and RHD Japan for brand new aftermarket parts. Typically the prices are less (even with shipping from Japan) and the delivery time is quicker than places in the states, which honestly blows my mind.

I spent thousands with FR Sport over the last 10+ years, but have had multiple friends with issues just like those in this thread over the last year or two. It really is a bummer. Once they removed the reliable in stock/needs to be ordered messaging from their website a couple years back I bailed out.

Enjuku and TF Works have also been good to me.
agreed. for a while domestic sellers were charging $100 for a Nismo thermostat, but RHD was still offering em for about $70 shipped.

Streeter can take a while to respond since hes a very small operation, but he provides a very very useful service.

had nothing but good experiences with both TF and Enjuku.

Quote: