Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #61
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
was that supposed to be a joke bro?
Old 07-03-2012, 03:09 AM   #62
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Lin dropped out on USA team select.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #63
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Can't he get some laser surgery or something permanent? The jokes and memes will keep rolling till he retires.....
The jokes can KEEP rolling, because he is taking it to the bank:
Anthony Davis trademarks his fearsome brow - Bottom Line

And I write too!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #64
93s13vert
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
93s13vert is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
finally my team might actually have some good players... the NETs lol.
We got Joe Johnson which is nice, but now we need to get howard from orlando and williams to resign, then we'd have a pretty solid team to start off and possibly build off of...

we'll see how it turns out of orlando actually takes our offer.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #65
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93s13vert View Post
We got Joe Johnson which is nice, but now we need to get howard from orlando and williams to resign, then we'd have a pretty solid team to start off and possibly build off of...

That is three max contracts... Collective Bargaining made it so no one will be able to afford that without going DEEP into Luxury Tax, which eventually defeats the purpose of having that many stars on the team, they won't be able to afford the role players necessary to avoid being a first-round exit

And they very well still COULD pull it off, but it would be very similar to how that other team in NY did when they sold their whole bench for Carmelo and were no better for it.
The new word on the street is that they're trying to send Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, Marshon Brooks and first-round picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017 for Howard. That would leave them with Howard, Iso Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Deron Williams and guess I could come out of retirement and start at Power Forward for them.

And I write too!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #66
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
That would leave them with Howard, Iso Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Deron Williams and guess I could come out of retirement and start at Power Forward for them.
You know, me being from BK and a Knicks fan, but I'd love to see this happen and will buy tickets to see their games! haha.

I think the Nets also signed some international guy for the MLE...so you'll be relegated to the bench.

xquizitditz
Old 07-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #67
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93s13vert View Post

Be patient, I'm counting that you are getting both Dwight and Williams. The owner basically owns Russia, lol.

Quote:
That would leave them with Howard, Iso Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Deron Williams and guess I could come out of retirement and start at Power Forward for them.
Would pay to see Uncle Phlip come out of retirement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnBRHu4uYHQ
Old 07-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #68
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Celtics reach deal with Jason Terry - Yahoo! Sports

Ray Allen, come on down!

Nets land Reggie Evans in sign-and-trade deal - Yahoo! Sports
Old 07-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #69
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Deron Williams signed an extension with the Nets. Guess he'll be staying around for a while...

from his Twitter:
Twitter / DeronWilliams: Made a very tough decision

xquizitditz
Old 07-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #70
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Should have went to Dallas. Cuban would have treated you like a king and that organization has a winning attitude.

Nets better go after d12. They are not contending with a slowing down since 2years ago Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace is a nice player but crash is injured a lot and more of a third guy like bosh than a second guy like westbrook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #71
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Lakers News: Team Acquires Point Guard Steve Nash | Lakers Nation

I say make an attempt to sign Sessions too, let him mentor under Nash and take the reins on the other side.
Sessions will chase the money, though.

And I write too!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #72
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
nash to lakers was unexpected. all i heard over the last day was toronto offered a 3 year 36M contract, but he seemed destined to new york if they could get close to that offer and they apparently did with a 27-30M 3 year offer after losing fields.

Quote:
Old 07-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #73
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
nash to lakers was unexpected. all i heard over the last day was toronto offered a 3 year 36M contract, but he seemed destined to new york if they could get close to that offer and they apparently did with a 27-30M 3 year offer after losing fields.
No one worth their salt will go to the Knicks as long as Melo is running the show there

And I write too!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #74
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
^just saw that shit earlier. if that drama goes thru...hahah fuck you toronto.
in yo face.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #75
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
No one worth their salt will go to the Knicks as long as Melo is running the show there
nash said he rather go to knicks then nets. haha.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #76
FRpilot
Post Whore!

EDIT: nvm, nash could have left for nothing, but nash agreed to a sign and trade so that the suns could at least get something for him leaving. still, it seems like pretty much nothing since 2 first round draft picks from the lakers is pretty much 2 first round picks in the 20s and 2 second round picks aren't even guaranteed. plus lakers give phoenix $3M in money.

also heard mavs turned their full attention to Nash after losing out on deron. i guess money doesn't matter to nash. he rather be closer to his children.

mavs look like they are not getting anything done and breaking up their team unless they can land cp3 next year with all their capspace.

Quote:
Old 07-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #77
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
I'm glad Nash chose to go to the Lakers. I'm not really a Lakers fan, just want to see Kobe get his 6th ring, and I think that can happen with Kobe's mentality and the combination of Nash and Bynum/Gasol. I guess it's all up to Mike Brown now.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #78
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
So lemme get this straight...

Nash chose the Lakers (OFF ALL TEAMS) over the Knicks, but the Knicks keep Shumpert/Harrelson/some semblance of the young talent?
Old 07-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #79
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
So lemme get this straight...

Nash chose the Lakers (OFF ALL TEAMS) over the Knicks, but the Knicks keep Shumpert/Harrelson/some semblance of the young talent?
He knows the Knicks are a lost cause.

Also, he wanted to be close to his children as well.

If I were you I would be pissed that he didn't take the max contract from Toronto.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #80
Gnnr
Post Whore!

This came as no surprise to me, I voted Lakers in this poll yesterday:

Old 07-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #81
FRpilot
Post Whore!

i thought there might have been a possibility he would have wanted to play in his home country (canada) and took the toronto offer since it was $12M/year over 3 years. Knicks, Dallas, and especially Toronto have no shot at winning, I guess money doesn't matter to him. If the Lakers get Dwight Howard, now that would be something.

Quote:
Old 07-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #82
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ray Allen is meeting the Heat in a few hours man oh man I seriously see him signing with the Heat.

As far as Nash going to L.A, things just got real interesting in the West. OKC better watchout
Old 07-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #83
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
This is a disgrace Sad to see Nash go....to the fucking Lakers

Can't really blame him though... the Suns are a goddamn nightmare right now.

It's going to be a rough couple years

Last edited by az_240; 07-05-2012 at 02:36 AM..
Old 07-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #84
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
But isnt what the Lakers need at the PG position is somebody who can play some D? I know his upside is on offense but what if he's more of a liability than anything else. Anyways, seems like he did the Suns a favor by giving them a bunch of draft picks to rebuild. Not high picks but they can probably bundle them to move up.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #85
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
But isnt what the Lakers need at the PG position is somebody who can play some D? I know his upside is on offense but what if he's more of a liability than anything else. Anyways, seems like he did the Suns a favor by giving them a bunch of draft picks to rebuild. Not high picks but they can probably bundle them to move up.
Yes and no.

I mean, yeah obviously they'd want a great defensive stopper as well, BUT you can offset the defensive issues with a great pg that can score, stretch the defense, efficiently run the offense, set up Kobe/Bynum with easy buckets, etc...all of which Nash can do VERY well. As much as i hated seeing Fisher go, he wasn't a scoring threat and it made defense for the other teams WAY too easy. The same thing happens when Steve Blake is in the game.

Case and point, the first 5 games when Sessions was a starter he helped the Lakers in much the same way Nash will, and the Lakers once again looked like a contender.....BUT we all know that wasn't sustained and the rest is history. Nash wont crash and burn like Sessions did.

With Nash's skill set, the opposing teams will have to expend extra energy on defense to keep him and the rest of the Lakers offensive arsenal contained. With that comes less energy on offense and that'll serve the Lakers' defensive shortcomings nicely.

at least in theory. Regardless, i'm happy with the move!
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 07-05-2012, 01:59 AM   #86
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
He knows the Knicks are a lost cause.

Also, he wanted to be close to his children as well.

If I were you I would be pissed that he didn't take the max contract from Toronto.
wrong. nash didnt want to go to lakers (hates the lakers) but, it helped the suns (which nash said will do anything to help the suns). instead of loading on contracts they took money and draft picks. its a win win for the suns.

time to sell that beloved summer home in nyc. it just got hostile.

grundwald is playing his cards, i would have never traded shump for a 2 season left pg.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:10 AM   #87
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
wrong. nash didnt want to go to lakers (hates the lakers) but, it helped the suns (which nash said will do anything to help the suns). instead of loading on contracts they took money and draft picks. its a win win for the suns.

time to sell that beloved summer home in nyc. it just got hostile.

grundwald is playing his cards, i would have never traded shump for a 2 season left pg.
Umm no. Read the press release. Nash ASKED for this deal. One of his main concerns was that he wanted to be close to his children in addition to wanting to be with a title contender and wanting a 3 year deal. Hence the reason he didn't chase the money else where. Of course he'd want to help his old team cuz he's an old school type player with loyalty, but that wasn't his motivation at all.

"After talking with (owner) Robert (Sarver) and (president of basketball operations) Lon (Babby) we've agreed that it's time for both of us to move in new directions," Nash told ESPN.com. "I approached them and asked if they would be willing to do a sign-and-trade deal with L.A. because it is very important to me to stay near my children and family.

"They were very apprehensive and didn't want to do it. Fortunately for me, they reconsidered. They saw that they were able to get assets for their team that will make them better, assets they would not have otherwise had and it made sense for them to do a deal that helps their team get better."

The knicks are a horrible organization, LA is close to Arizona and is a title contender, and they gave him a decent 3 year deal worth over 25 mil. It was a no brainer.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 07-05-2012, 04:34 AM   #88
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Not Nash's words but

"This is what I call a family values contract," Nash's agent Bill Duffy told USA TODAY Sports. "He was seriously considering retiring so he could remain close to his (three) children."

Nash was talking about family being #1 in an interview a couple days ago... would rather see him retire.

edit: god...please...no....> http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...l-phoenix-suns

Last edited by az_240; 07-05-2012 at 06:04 AM..
Old 07-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #89
FRpilot
Post Whore!

at least there's still a possibility that NO won't match the eric gordon phoenix offer, but i think they will.

Quote:
Old 07-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #90
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post

Uggghhhhhh.

Anyways, the lakers have better d than the Suns do and can compensate for Nash's d lacking. Plus with guys in the middle who can clog it up, as long as Nash does a decent job at keeping guys off the 3, they should be fine.

The thing I hate is that the Suns got a whole bunch of picks that could wind up to be nothing. lakers are rarely ever in the lottery and if Nash does help them a ton, then we get late round picks...which means we get crap....

ugggggghhhhhhh

I would have at least liked to have gotten someone from somewhere.