Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #1
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Per the request of Gnnr, here's the new NBA thread.

to the pending lockout.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Yo, Knicks ftw 2k12
Old 06-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
Yo, Knicks ftw 2k12
That's funny...
The Knicks are close, closer than they have been in a long time, but 'Antoni (no D) will not be the coach to take them there.

I am most interested in seeing what happens in Golden State; Mark Jackson is a coach who might be able to further develop Steph Curry as a PG, and I would like to see him do well.
I'm sure there is plenty more I would like to see take place, but damned if I can think of it right now.

And I write too!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
frsh4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Josh Smith's time in atlanta may be coming to an end.
SLAM ONLINE | » Report: Josh Smith Not Opposed to Trade from Atlanta Hawks
Old 06-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by frsh4 View Post
Josh Smith's time in atlanta may be coming to an end.
SLAM ONLINE | » Report: Josh Smith Not Opposed to Trade from Atlanta Hawks
He and D12 would be a dangerous defensive combo in Orlando, and it might be the piece Otis Smith needs to bring in to keep Dwight.
I doubt Atlanta would trade him in the division though.

And I write too!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
Per the request of Gnnr, here's the new NBA thread.
Had to let you do it as per tradition.

Anyways, about this draft. Only NBA ready players I see is Kemba Walker and Derrick Williams. More from a physical standpoint than anything. I don't think that Kyrie Irving will be that much more impressive than John Wall, but we'll see.

On the home front, we're supposed to be getting Reggie Jackson at #31 in the 2nd round. But I don't know how I feel about drafting another injured guard after the whole Da'Sean Butler situation. Rumor has it Pat wants to buy into a higher spot. We'll see.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #7
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
He and D12 would be a dangerous defensive combo in Orlando, and it might be the piece Otis Smith needs to bring in to keep Dwight.
I doubt Atlanta would trade him in the division though.
yeah especially to orlando, why help the team you beat last season in the playoffs.

do you think chris paul is still headed to new york?

lately i've heard about vince carter being bought out by the suns.
he could wind up on the bulls or spurs if he wants to chase that ring.
i think the spurs would be a better fit for him. coming off the bench, less pressure on him to score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Anyways, about this draft. Only NBA ready players I see is Kemba Walker and Derrick Williams. More from a physical standpoint than anything. I don't think that Kyrie Irving will be that much more impressive than John Wall, but we'll see.

what about the Morris twins? at least Marcus. i've been reading great things about his pre-draft workouts, especially the recent one with the Jazz. i dislike the fact that they're 6'9 though. I'd like to see Marcus land in Charlotte, I've seen some mock drafts that has him going that high.
and Markieff going to either Houston [14] or New York [17]
Old 06-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #8
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
do you think chris paul is still headed to new york?
As I think that he is better equipped to run an offense than is anyone currently on the Knicks, it would be a good move, if it came with a coaching change, lest they would become the Eastern Conference version of the Phoenix Suns, and we all know what that brought about.
Quote:
lately i've heard about vince carter being bought out by the suns.
he could wind up on the bulls or spurs if he wants to chase that ring.
i think the spurs would be a better fit for him. coming off the bench, less pressure on him to score.
If he is ring chasing, he had better go to Chicago, where he could ACTUALLY contribute if he can hit shots. In San Antonio, he would be another geriatric simply running from that old glue truck.

And I write too!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #9
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
If he is ring chasing, he had better go to Chicago, where he could ACTUALLY contribute if he can hit shots. In San Antonio, he would be another geriatric simply running from that old glue truck.

lol true. i pegged him with SA because him being in chicago reminded me of the orlando stint. didnt they bring him in thinking/hoping he'd help ease the offensive burden off of dwight howard? and when they realized he isn't Half-Man Half-Amazing anymore they shipped him off to the Valley of the Sun..
i was just thinking that if he went to chicago it'd be like when he was in orlando. they are going to expect him to score and he won't be able to hide behind the other guards, brewer korver or bogans.
and i've never thought of Carter as a two way player either..
if he went to san antonio though there'd be less expectations and surrounded by tim duncan and all of those veterans would probably have a better effect on him then to be next to derrick rose and boozer. what do you think?
Old 06-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #10
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
Yo, Knicks ftw 2k12
You took my job! I have been the only person for the past 2 years who would post that the Knicks will win it lol.. but yeah, Knicks to the finals this season!

And also, Knicks getting a defensive assistant coach - so good news there.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #11
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:

I don't think that Kyrie Irving will be that much more impressive than John Wall, but we'll see.
i think that's say a lot about kyrie irving since nothing that john wall could have done short of winning the championship would have gained any recognition over the blake griffin show.

imo, john wall had a pretty good rookie season for a PG (at one point averaging 9 ast/3 stls per game as a rookie PG). His shooting % and turnovers were atrocious and he was injured a lot late in the season. in comparison, i remember derrick rose didn't have a great shooting % either during his rookie season and russell westbrook also came in shooting 38% -40% and is still committing 3+ turnovers a game in his third year.

i think that in time wall should get adjusted to the NBA game and become a better player. Of course that is dependent on him wanting to become a better player and his work ethic. he can just as easily succumb to a life of alcohol, drugs, and hoes or become more interested in making movies, music, commercials, and worrying too much about becoming a global sports icon instead of working on his game. (heh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #12
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, what I meant by that is that I see him surpassing Wall. I think Wall has the potential to be the player in the long run...and yeah, I don't see no one coming near a Blake Griffin type performance out of the gates. That just doesn't happen that often.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #13
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
also d'antoni has a yr on contract left. he might jump ship to the raptors.

CP3!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #14
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
if he went to san antonio though there'd be less expectations and surrounded by tim duncan and all of those veterans would probably have a better effect on him then to be next to derrick rose and boozer. what do you think?
Wasn’t there a study some years back where they put an old dog in the presence of some just-weaned pups and it posed something of a healing effect on them?
Well that ain’t Vince Carter
He has put up his numbers and gotten his money, now it is about being remembered for something positive, which his career in general has damned the memory of. If he is chasing a ring, Chicago and on the bench is still the place to do it. He will coattail his way to a ring and I will still think no better of him for it, even if history will smile on his legacy for having gotten one ring, lol.

Quote:
Yeah, what I meant by that is that I see him surpassing Wall. I think Wall has the potential to be the player in the long run...and yeah, I don't see no one coming near a Blake Griffin type performance out of the gates. That just doesn't happen that often.
I agree with you…
Nothing against Wall or anything, but he seems to be more about the name and the numbers than the legacy. 20/12 out of a player starting all available games one season removed from missing a whole season is something we don’t see out of veterans, let alone rookies. Blake Griffin – when he leaves the Cripples – will be in an MVP discussion if he grows, and his free throw percentage should be the first thing he works on. If he could up that number to the 75ish percent range, teams either stop fouling him and his scoring average goes up or they keep fouling him and it STILL goes up.

And I write too!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #15
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Speaking of John Wall...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usyNyn9Ang8

That is all...

xquizitditz
Old 06-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #16
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
hahaha that is really embarrassing..
Old 06-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #17
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

"that was horrible"

hahaha. the funny thing is he was talking about caron butler throwing a bad toss and then having to come back for redemption before that ^
Old 06-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #18
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
I just wish the new CBA would be constructed already and signed, so teams can wheel and deal already. Teams would be hesitant to actually pull the trigger on any moves when the new contract isn't even written yet.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #19
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

yes or no?
Nash to Knicks, after all?
Old 06-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #20
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
If he won't play defense, no

And I write too!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #21
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

hell no...

i want bismack & prince.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #22
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'd like to make my crazy prediction that may not be so crazy. Kidd retires and Nash heads back to Dallas. Thats what I see happening.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:45 AM   #23
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

hahaha
Timberwolves make offer for Andrew Bynum, more NBA draft buzz - Sam Amick - SI.com
Old 06-22-2011, 03:12 AM   #24
Q.Smooth127
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Q.Smooth127 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Was the t-wolves gm smokin crack n ganjah? LA would only trade bynum if they get superman or cp3 in the deal. LA must be laughin their ass off at that retarded offer.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:55 AM   #25
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Beasley for Bynum would be a slap in the face, LA needs to RID themselves of small forwards, not take on new ones with questionable character histories.

Also...
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/gallery...photo=29896900

And I write too!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #26
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

darko's old hair style. LOL.
here's more trade buzz:
Spurs fielding trade calls for Parker - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

oops might've jumped the gun fellas,
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...r-trade-rumor/
but trade rumors are always "denied" quickly after they surface right.

also, apparently the suns and wolves had discussions to trade nash for the no. 2 pick but that's likely not going to happen.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #27
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
I'd like to make my crazy prediction that may not be so crazy. Kidd retires and Nash heads back to Dallas. Thats what I see happening.
i could see that happening, with nash having ties to dallas and being one of dirk's best friend. plus, cuban was the one who choose not to sign him, but i don't think nash has any hard feelings over that.

he would make a similar replacement to kidd since he brings better shooting, better 3pt shot, and playmaking than kidd. he is a worse defender than kidd, but at kidd's age he couldn't keep up with young PGs anyways, but kidd did a lot of things that don't show up on the stat sheets defensively either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #28
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
As I think that he is better equipped to run an offense than is anyone currently on the Knicks, it would be a good move, if it came with a coaching change, lest they would become the Eastern Conference version of the Phoenix Suns, and we all know what that brought about.
How about Billups? Of course he's no CP3, but I thought he was doing a good job with the Knicks. I'm not sure if he's staying or buying out his contract tho.

Thanks for the link. I'm still shaking my head at Brown.

Quote:
I look forward to seeing Derrick Williams in the NBA, he was very impressive during the NCAA tourney. As for Kemba, I like the guy, but for some reason he seems too small. I wonder what position he'll play.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #29
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

i think offensively/court vision nash is just way ahead of billups. but, man... he's just old.

i guess i wouldnt mind if...

nash, carter, td
prince, mason, td
melo, prince
amare, bismack
foote, bismack, jordan

a heavy defensive 2nd team. oh yeah.

but, really still want cp3. maybe package nash.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #30
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
also, apparently the suns and wolves had discussions to trade nash for the no. 2 pick but that's likely not going to happen.
That would be dumb in my opinion, considering that Minnesota is already logjammed at PG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
How about Billups? Of course he's no CP3, but I thought he was doing a good job with the Knicks. I'm not sure if he's staying or buying out his contract tho.
Billups for Nash would be trading one old PG for one who is old and can't defend his own shadow... No go

And I write too!
Closed Thread