Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #1051
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Im sorry dude. I like you and all... But was that good enough to bump a 3 month old thread?
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #1052
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
i didnt wanna make a whole new thread to knock on this movie

but i did learn that vin diesel can install waterpumps on 70 chevelles without rtv from underneath cars.. freaking badass

p.s. i like yah too buddy
ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #1053
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Thats a good point. How do you install a waterpump on a chevy v8 from UNDERNEATH?

KAHN!!!!
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #1054
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
the end when they rescue dom makes up for the whole movie

brotears
Old 09-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #1055
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
busted, thanks for the pep talk, im seeing if youre right..

to mr panda.. ha you win the trivia battle of cars that rusted away around connecticut long ago, but yeah ive never touched a chevelle..

wow though theres a ruf bodied porsche in the scene showing... not baaad

Edit: just finished the movie.. it sure wasnt bad, but the handling of those cash for clunker hot rodzz is total c.g.i.

ha isnt it funny how chargers seem to just be indestructible in everything theyre in.. dukes went through hundreds, f&f has killed like 4..

well except for this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMc2RdFuOxI

you dont see one after this scene for good reason

Last edited by ranger240; 09-15-2009 at 11:42 PM..
Old 09-16-2009, 07:02 AM   #1056
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
How does nitrous oxi----excuse me NOS blow up after hitting a lighter? If it happens like that the people who spray it on hot FMIC during races must be dumbasses, Thanks FF4 for this value lesson

/Sarcasm
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:28 AM   #1057
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

how does a old crappy muscle car outhandle a perennially over-steering skyline on the highway?
Old 09-16-2009, 08:45 AM   #1058
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post
how does a old crappy muscle car outhandle a perennially over-steering skyline on the highway?
I guess muscle cars are only capable of running the parts that were available in the 1950's and 1960's when they were originally built, right?

There haven't been any updated parts made for any cars from that time frame?

Muscle cars are only capable of driving in straight lines, and RWD imports are only capable of drifting, right?

Pssst, your ignorance is showing.

Last edited by ThatGuy; 09-16-2009 at 12:44 PM..
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #1059
Chad4061
Zilvia Member

Chad4061 is an unknown quantity at this point
well didnt really care to see the movie cause it looked gay to me from the previews and when i finally seen it guess what it was gay. I think they went in the wrong direction...tokyo drift was better
Chad4061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:08 AM   #1060
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
I guess muscle cars are only capable of running the parts that were available in the 1950's and 1960's when they were originally built, right?

Muscle cars are only capable of driving in straight lines, and RWD imports are only capable of drifting, right?

Pssst, you're ignorance is showing.
haha yeah, yeah you can get i.r.s. suspension kits for mustangs, wilwood b.b.k.s, ls carb intake manifolds, etc...

but it just conveys a huge misconception about muscle cars baseline capability to the general movie-going public.

i dont mind it, all it'll do is bump up muscle car values (needed after the price bubble popped in the past year). maybe my buddies mustard yellow 318 auto coronet will be viewed not as an old grandma junker but as a fearsome sleeper capable of dominating cars 30 years younger

i wouldnt say its my ignorance (a weekend up at limerock will convince anyone that with big bucks you can make mustangs keep up with better stuff), but its merely acknowledging that the movie can severely skew the general public's conception of those cars

Last edited by ranger240; 09-16-2009 at 09:31 AM..
Old 09-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #1061
2_slow_40
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
2_slow_40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
haha yeah, yeah you can get i.r.s. suspension kits for mustangs, wilwood b.b.k.s, ls carb intake manifolds, etc...

but it just conveys a huge misconception about muscle cars baseline capability to the general movie-going public.

i dont mind it, all it'll do is bump up muscle car values (needed after the price bubble popped in the past year). maybe my buddies mustard yellow 318 auto coronet will be viewed not as an old grandma junker but as a fearsome sleeper capable of dominating cars 30 years younger

i wouldnt say its my ignorance (a weekend up at limerock will convince anyone that with big bucks you can make mustangs keep up with better stuff), but its merely acknowledging that the movie can severely skew the general public's conception of those cars
I understand what you're trying to say there, but I would'nt say that this movie is, overrating, a muscle car's capabilities. Maybe more like, showing the general public that muscle cars can be built to handle more than a straight line. And, I dont think, "ls carb intake manifolds", as you said, have anything to do with how well a car can handle turns, but whatever.
Anyways, I found a few things wrong in this movie, but I think that all movies have flaws that most dont catch, as I'm sure a lot of people had no problems with this movie.
2_slow_40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:07 AM   #1062
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
yea ill go see it... i don't give 2 shits about the movie, i think of it more like a car show on a big screen with cheesy acting lol
but im sure as hell driving the girlfriend car there.
when i saw Tokyo drift there were fan boys near my car asking me if i drift >.>
95 camry all the way baby
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #1063
s13skank
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
s13skank is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Idk if anyone mentioned it already but when they find out what car that Parker guy drives they say its a 240 with some illegal mod's. Which in reality it was a fckn s15! That upset me
Old 09-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #1064
2_slow_40
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
2_slow_40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
oh yea, haha, the chick was all like, "a 98' nissan 240 with an illegal mod". maybe he registered an s15 as a 98' 240sx??? Idk, but that was funny.

i dont know if anyone has mentioned this already, but what about at the end, when the dude pops a mean wheelie in the camaro, and slams into the other fool, and his car. right after that, the front of the camaro was perfectly straight. soo lame.
2_slow_40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #1065
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13skank View Post
Idk if anyone mentioned it already but when they find out what car that Parker guy drives they say its a 240 with some illegal mod's. Which in reality it was a fckn s15! That upset me
That upsets you? You need some church.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #1066
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantwoforty View Post
yea ill go see it... i don't give 2 shits about the movie, i think of it more like a car show on a big screen with cheesy acting lol
but im sure as hell driving the girlfriend car there.
when i saw Tokyo drift there were fan boys near my car asking me if i drift >.>
95 camry all the way baby
The movie is already on DVD. WTF are you talking about?
Old 09-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #1067
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Obviously all the cool car crews hang around outside Blockbuster.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:06 PM   #1068
DeathMetal
Zilvia Member

DeathMetal is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Pssst, you're ignorance is showing.
Pssst, YOUR ignorance is showing
DeathMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #1069
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
ya know what... idk
i haven't slept in awhile
i thought there was another one coming for some reason...
i fail. rofl.
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #1070
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMetal View Post
Pssst, YOUR ignorance is showing
Haha, good catch kid.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #1071
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
the only thing ive noticed about these movies is that alot of hot girls like them. thats ok with me, and my penis.
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #1072
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Its funny you mention the thing about muscle cars. These damn movies do the same thing for imports just you don't care about it. After F&TF3 every kid thought they could go buy some import and drift around the parking garages and in the streets. The movie conveys a HUGE misconception about IMPORT cars to the general public. The only ignorance was not acknowledging both sides of the spectrum.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #1073
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
when a girl wants you to take her to a local meet because she thinks its like FNF style, insta fail...and they ruin your time hangin with friends because they want to see some ...racing...LOL

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #1074
DeathMetal
Zilvia Member

DeathMetal is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Haha, good catch kid.
Thanks bud ;p.

Honestly, movies are pure entertainment. I hate the fanboy culture that goes a long with it as well but, all it's really doing is promoting new companies and businesses to thrive.

The comments in this thread however, are funny as fuck. I will admit it ;p

Edit: The "truths" in this thread as well. ^^
DeathMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #1075
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMetal View Post
Thanks bud ;p.

Honestly, movies are pure entertainment. I hate the fanboy culture that goes a long with it as well but, all it's really doing is promoting new companies and businesses to thrive.

The comments in this thread however, are funny as fuck. I will admit it ;p

Edit: The "truths" in this thread as well. ^^
Agreed if a person watched it expecting them to stick to true car things, physics, he or she would be a dumbass. We all know the movies are cheesy and the effects laughable, but we are still going to watch them.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote