Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-29-2020, 03:27 PM   #1
vazquez130

Trader Rating: (1)
vazquez130 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need to find a replacement battery

So my current battery isnt holding a charge any more and im looking to find a replacement for it here in the states ive tried all my local auto parts stores with no luck. Here are some pictures of the battery information. The current battery i have isnt a full size battery its smaller thats why im having trouble finding a replacement.

https://imgur.com/a/mGtVsB9
vazquez130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2020, 06:45 PM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Well uve given us no information on what year make and model ur car is....so i have no idea.

But from ur pick id try a mazda miata battery like 1991
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:51 AM   #3
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
optima all the way!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:41 PM   #4
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Optima's are straight garbage nowadays.

You can get an AGM battery from Interstate with the same specs as a red Optima for literally half the price with a better warranty. And they're made in the same Johnson Controls factory.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:54 PM   #5
vazquez130

Trader Rating: (1)
vazquez130 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I Actually did end up getting a miata battery lol it was the perfect fit
vazquez130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 03:34 PM   #6
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Glad i could help
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 04:24 PM   #7
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Optima's are straight garbage nowadays.

You can get an AGM battery from Interstate with the same specs as a red Optima for literally half the price with a better warranty. And they're made in the same Johnson Controls factory.
Yea they are absolute garbage now. My dad had one last for years that he switched from car to car. I bought a redtop 2 years ago, it Died in a year. Bought a yellowtop and it just died on me. Waste of my money.

What is the interstate battery you're talking about. I'm gonna try to pick one up next week
Old 03-03-2020, 07:49 PM   #8
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
Yea they are absolute garbage now. My dad had one last for years that he switched from car to car. I bought a redtop 2 years ago, it Died in a year. Bought a yellowtop and it just died on me. Waste of my money.

What is the interstate battery you're talking about. I'm gonna try to pick one up next week

It’s just an Interstate AGM, absorbed glass mat so it’s fully sealed and doesn’t need a battery box if relocated. Find your nearest local interstate store and ask for their AGM and they come in different sizes.
I always asked if they have any “Blemished” batterys as they are always cheaper and nothing wrong with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote