Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:04 AM   #181
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I. Love. This. Build.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #182
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

2stepGoesPowPow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
where in NY are ya?
Nassau, Long Island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Looks great! I like a super clean project like this. The NT05's are good tires, but don't expect traction until 3rd gear. I'm making 485/370 and 1st/2nd gears are useless with 285 NT05's. I'm upgrading to 275 drag radials and hoping they tame 2nd a bit.
I don't have an issue with the NT05's at all, and thats with 4 degrees negative camber and like 1/4 of the tire touching the ground lol. Next year when i put the RPF1's and get a new alignment to take out all that negative camber I'm sure it'll be even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_geo View Post
slow, very slow day at work today and just went thru this entire build. all i can say is wow. this thing is gorgeous. my favorite was on meisters, i have a very soft spot for meister s1r's. but absolutely loving the new polished/gold setup. this thing is too badass.
Thanks! I really miss those wheels. It's tempting to get a set in custom specs but if i ever buy another set of wheels for this car i think it would be either white Te37's or Regamasters But I'm trying to just finish this car this summer and start working hard and saving for my next chassis..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRex View Post
sweet baby jesus this thing is amazing
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
Looking amazing with the 03s. Keep up the good work bud very clean setup. Been loving the progress.
Thanks dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I. Love. This. Build.
Thanks!!
Old 08-23-2015, 02:47 PM   #183
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Since my last update a month ago I've just been trying to enjoy the summer, hung out at my friend shop in Suffolk Long Island "Lito's Customs" He's the one who painted my car inside & out. He does vinyl wrapping, tint's, paint, body work & has been doing so for many years. Here's some pictures my friend took while we were hangin out there after we installed my new Seibon carbon hatch:

My car was one of 400 featured at Wekfest / Wekeast in the New Jersey Expo Center. Here are some pictures i took of some cars worth sharing.

I made a new friend, Chester when this AE86 was parked next to me.

Last week i took a sketchy adventure through Brooklyn aka pothole-ville to do a photoshoot with another new friend Adam. I saw some of his work online with these night photo's and decided i had to get in on it.

And most recently, My car has been down for the past 2 days. I was having an oil leak, oil all over my engine and having to add oil every 4-5 drives. Turns out i should have replaced my Cam seals when i installed my new cams lol. The new seals should be here and car back together tomorrow!
Also installed some Super Spark coil packs.

Last edited by 2stepGoesPowPow; 10-06-2015 at 10:27 PM..
2stepGoesPowPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:24 PM   #184
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Just got back from Ocean city MD for H2oi . Went down there from tuesday-sunday, It rained pretty much everyday and some moron crashed into my truck but i met a ton of people and made the best of it for sure.

One of the many Canadian friends i made owns this bad boy, an R32 GTR… With an R34 drivetrain

More Canadian friend's Duncan's 180sx & Chris's Onevia

Hangin out at Chris's Condo.

Posted up with Dave's Bagged Daily GS.

Dave's 1jz vvti S13 back at his rental house

Hangin out at the Taphouse

Passing a GTI that bursted into flames in front of the Taphouse….

Interaction with OCMD piggies.

Loaded up on the trailer to go back home.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:07 AM   #185
mastadon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
mastadon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Love the car but i feel like it could really ise a spoiler. Maybe something really subtle like a gp sports style.
mastadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:42 AM   #186
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

Heywood Jablomie is an unknown quantity at this point
Those gold plated blitz making me feel things I never have before....
Heywood Jablomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:42 AM   #187
drewr4411
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
drewr4411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood Jablomie View Post
Yes those Blitz came out perfect. Im glad he stuck with them even after all the hassle from his initial purchase.

2stepGoesPowPow:

if you had to estimate how much $$$ do you have tied up into your 2jz swap?

has it ever made you wonder if you should have gone with an LS instead? I'm trying to get different points of view from guys who own LS's and those who own 2j's, so It can help me with making my decision for my swap.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:12 PM   #188
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I was a little bummed when you ditched the kouki aero, but I also have a soft spot for properly done sil80's and that's looks great.

Keep it up!
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:13 PM   #189
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
very nice build! ( just read the whole thread )
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:57 PM   #190
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastadon View Post
Love the car but i feel like it could really ise a spoiler. Maybe something really subtle like a gp sports style.
I wanted a 3 piece hatch lip spoiler but they don't make them in carbon, it wouldn't match my seibon hatch.

Quote:
lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewr4411 View Post
Yes those Blitz came out perfect. Im glad he stuck with them even after all the hassle from his initial purchase.

2stepGoesPowPow:

if you had to estimate how much $$$ do you have tied up into your 2jz swap?

has it ever made you wonder if you should have gone with an LS instead? I'm trying to get different points of view from guys who own LS's and those who own 2j's, so It can help me with making my decision for my swap.
Yeah, i didn't let all the hassle discourage me from getting exactly what i wanted.

With my first turbo setup last year i was in the motor about 10k. [rough estimate, possibly a little more] After changing setups this year I'm in it about an additional 3200.

I love JDM motors/cars/culture. I don't care much for LS motors especially N/A, they're boring and all the same In my opinion. LS swaps are more common than 2jz swaps in S chassis, and as everyone knows the stock block power capability. Although i would like to someday build a FC rx7 with a pro charged LS. Thats the only LS project that really appeals to me. I also got lucky my 2jz cost me $2000 when i bought it. Now most JDM motor sellers have raised their prices to 2800 for the non-vvti's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I was a little bummed when you ditched the kouki aero, but I also have a soft spot for properly done sil80's and that's looks great.

Keep it up!
Lol, the Type X front bumper fit like crap with the fiberglass fenders i had. With more and more people going with type x aero i had no inspiration to buy oem fenders and have them painted to fit good. OEM Silvia aero bumper's are also more rare than type-x bumpers so i decided to go that direction since luckily someone local had one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
very nice build! ( just read the whole thread )
Thank you!
Old 10-08-2015, 06:25 AM   #191
drewr4411
Zilvia Junkie

drewr4411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Yeah, i didn't let all the hassle discourage me from getting exactly what i wanted.

With my first turbo setup last year i was in the motor about 10k. [rough estimate, possibly a little more] After changing setups this year I'm in it about an additional 3200.

I love JDM motors/cars/culture. I don't care much for LS motors especially N/A, they're boring and all the same In my opinion. LS swaps are more common than 2jz swaps in S chassis, and as everyone knows the stock block power capability. Although i would like to someday build a FC rx7 with a pro charged LS. Thats the only LS project that really appeals to me. I also got lucky my 2jz cost me $2000 when i bought it. Now most JDM motor sellers have raised their prices to 2800 for the non-vvti's.
Thank you for your honest feedback. It seems to do either swap correctly with nice to high quality parts you need about 8-10k depending on deals used part and new purchases. Prices have gone up which sucks.

Orverall upgrading the 2jz over the LS may be more expensive in the long run. I love your build just not sure which way to go yet. Guess the sr will stay a little longer lol.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:11 PM   #192
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

5 months later.. scored a cd009 locally with 57k miles for $440. Going to be replacing my r154 in the near future & a retune. Next Destination: 700whp.

Last edited by 2stepGoesPowPow; 03-23-2016 at 09:46 PM..
Old 05-17-2016, 03:46 PM   #193
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Sold my rpf1's, got TE37's. Had those for like 2 weeke, then traded them for Work Rezax 2.

If that red s14 looks familar, yes. That is "Turbo2nr". Check out his 500+whp kat build on here!

Quick picture of the rezax before i switched the back tires. Need an alignment.

And lastly, installed a boost solenoid for my haltech to better manage boost & attempt to get some faster spooling. Then had Alpha re-tune my car at Empire performance (M&S). Had some issues with fuel pressure at first but Jay at empire performance rewired the fuel pump and we were back at it. The end result: 717whp @ 27psi.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:52 AM   #194
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

Heywood Jablomie is an unknown quantity at this point
This thing is badass. Post a burnout vid
Heywood Jablomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:50 AM   #195
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
Carbbq was fun! Always nice seeing you guys. Car looks/sounds amazing in person. Keep us posted on the 350z trans swap im curious to see how it comes out.

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:26 AM   #196
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Man, I just read the whole thread from start to finish. I have a huge appreciation for this build and all of the progress you have made over the last few years. Very inspiring!

I am not usually one to like Sil80s and step lipped Blitz 03s, but this thing is just beautiful. Awesome job man! Love the contrast of the black paint and gold faces.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:03 AM   #197
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I am not usually one to like Sil80s and step lipped Blitz 03s, but this thing is just beautiful. Awesome job man! Love the contrast of the black paint and gold faces.
Agreed 100%.

Great job dude.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:45 AM   #198
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
This thing is badass. Post a burnout vid
i try to take it easy on first gear so this trans can last me till winter but ill try and get a decent 2nd gear burnout video to add to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
Carbbq was fun! Always nice seeing you guys. Car looks/sounds amazing in person. Keep us posted on the 350z trans swap im curious to see how it comes out.
Yeah Alex should do at least one more before the end of the season.
Thanks! I'm trying to put off the trans swap until winter time. I wanna upgrade a couple things, Change front and real main seals & reseal the oil pan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Man, I just read the whole thread from start to finish. I have a huge appreciation for this build and all of the progress you have made over the last few years. Very inspiring!

Thanks! that means a lot coming from you. Your car on the 03's was one of the main things that persuaded me to get them. Just wanted to do my own thing with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrftKingIII View Post
Agreed 100%.

Great job dude.
Thanks!
Old 05-18-2016, 12:36 PM   #199
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
blowin loads over here. Nice work dude. Those Blitz 03s were SICK on there. Such a great build.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:29 AM   #200
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

well, sunday the clutch went. Monday i pulled the motor and ive decided after just about 5 years im ready to part ways with my s13 instead of dump $2500+ to get the cd009 in there. Im ready to upgrade to something a little nicer. Not 100% set on whats next, i have a few options in mind and theyre all rhd and will be from japan. Im going to see if i can sell the rolling shell as mostly whole which i doubt will happen so ill wait 1-2 weeks if it doesnt sell ill be parting out. R154 is for sale & the 2jz will sit on my engine stand until it goes in something else. Thanks to everyone for following and supporting the build <3

Photos of the first show of the season & last show for the car.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:27 AM   #201
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Sad to see this go. Can't wait for whats next!
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:35 AM   #202
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i am sad to see this car go but you gotta keep the thread going!
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 02:58 PM   #203
Mike - E
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (40)
Mike - E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Smile

the end to a new beginning
Old 07-15-2016, 11:47 AM   #204
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

As of last weekend, shes gone!

I picked up a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs 5 speed from another marshalls auction, got it with a snapped timing belt and junk engine. Pulled the motor, Got a replacement motor with 97k miles for $350, installed a new clutch and lightweight flywheel & its going to be my daily for a while

Meanwhile, i continue to save and will hopefully be ordering my replacement for the s13 by winter

Last edited by 2stepGoesPowPow; 09-09-2017 at 07:51 AM..
Old 07-15-2016, 12:46 PM   #205
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Saw you parting this all over the tri state page..wish i scooped those ganadors.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:54 PM   #206
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Saw you parting this all over the tri state page..wish i scooped those ganadors.
Lol they sold quick.