Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #421
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^This

I rather see a nicely put together car trying to drift than a Hot wheel fitment v8 car doing well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBLepGTq-wI

I rather see cars like the ones at 9:20 spinning out than a NASCAR driftcar
WristWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #422
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post

I'll just leave this here, and come back in a few...
HOW IS THIS REAL

were they just pretending the side skirt fell off because the wing fell off and they wanted to cover that up?
might as well let people see it, already embarrassed yourself that much.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #423
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

how dare they use gangstarr for this POS

i cant stop laughing at how hes really washing the car!
HES WASHING THE CAR!!!!! LMFAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #424
Stiveno
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Stiveno is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
YES

NO.

Good fitment:

or
Good fitment:
Bad fitment:

Bad fitment:
You just ignored what I said and just posted pictures of cars YOU think look good/bad. my whole point is that it is subjective
Stiveno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #425
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WristWork View Post
^This

I rather see a nicely put together car trying to drift than a Hot wheel fitment v8 car doing well
again, this is just opinion..

and why is everyone stuck on the idea that nicely put together cars can't drift? or if it's a nice looking car, the person is "trying" as opposed to "doing"?
People act like FD drivers have never oversteered to spin out before in their lives.

It is possible to look good and drive with style, as Final Bout showed us.
It's called doing it right.

FD will forever be who can take that big corner the fastest.
I'd rather see awesome cars linking a track and hitting up every corner with finesse than one car try to blast its way through one corner and then it's over.
(Again just opinion, but without discrediting either side.)

You cannot argue that good events, cars, and drivers don't all exist at the same time and place. Final Bout disproved all of that.

To compensate for this mass text post, this stock sr20 s14 can be all yours for only $7600. Needs nothing except for mostly everything!
Old 10-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #426
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
^This

Spotted at 19:35 DOING IT WRONG Pt.3
Old 10-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #427
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiveno View Post
You just ignored what I said and just posted pictures of cars YOU think look good/bad. my whole point is that it is subjective
But it's not really.. The word is FITment. Like how well something fits.

Perspective;
If Rick Ross were to walk around in an extra small baby gap shirt, he would have shit t-shirt fitment. Sure his titties would have hella poke and the stretch on the sleeves would be jdm tyte, but regardless of how good you think it looks, it does not fit. BY DEFINITION.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #428
Stiveno
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post

Perspective;
If Rick Ross were to walk around in an extra small baby gap shirt, he would have shit t-shirt fitment. Sure his titties would have hella poke and the stretch on the sleeves would be jdm tyte, but regardless of how good you think it looks, it does not fit. BY DEFINITION.
I dont think poke or streched tires look good if thats what you were trying to say, I wasnt trying to say that the cars being posted here look good, my point is that a doesn't need stance level fitment to look good / have style.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #429
Stiveno
Zilvia Junkie

doing it wrong
Old 10-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #430
TrustS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
TrustS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

240 Nation group on Facebook..
TrustS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:19 PM   #431
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
my point is that a doesn't need stance level fitment to look good / have style.
I agree with you there but I was referring more to fitment in general. Stance fitment and function fitment are definitely two different things but poking/sinking an unnecessary 2 inches is where I draw the line and I think most people can agree with that.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #432
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
6k FIRM for this gem

Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:19 AM   #433
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^nice sig
i was wondering when youd see that

82 posts of trying to figure out what trailer wheels are the best and where to get them

danshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:07 AM   #434
winter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
winter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Formula D is trying to bring Mexican style into the mix. I don't believe you guys when you say "function" ... make the car look as terrible as possible has always been the #1 Goal of Formula D style.

Mexiflush nation
Old 10-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #435
all show no go
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
all show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Anyone with an s chassis who says camber kit = doing it wrong.

Usually sellers on Craigslist with excessive amounts of neg camber riding on teardrops or se wheels.
all show no go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:09 AM   #436
struka
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
struka is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to struka
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviasandbeer View Post
how dare they use gangstarr for this POS

i cant stop laughing at how hes really washing the car!
HES WASHING THE CAR!!!!! LMFAO!

wait, how the hell did his spoiler fly off and his side skirt?
Old 10-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #437
HORShi
Zilvia Member

HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
again, this is just opinion..

and why is everyone stuck on the idea that nicely put together cars can't drift? or if it's a nice looking car, the person is "trying" as opposed to "doing"?
People act like FD drivers have never oversteered to spin out before in their lives.

It is possible to look good and drive with style, as Final Bout showed us.
It's called doing it right.

FD will forever be who can take that big corner the fastest.
I'd rather see awesome cars linking a track and hitting up every corner with finesse than one car try to blast its way through one corner and then it's over.
(Again just opinion, but without discrediting either side.)

You cannot argue that good events, cars, and drivers don't all exist at the same time and place. Final Bout disproved all of that.
I guess the assumption here, is that most of the nicer looking cars, typically are hard-parked and show cars, which that conclusion is true in many cases...But as you just referenced, Final Bout AND not to mention...the country of Japan (which I believe sometimes people forget about) which has been placing heavy emphasis on style/show factor for idk...maybe 20+ years now.

But as always, this is my opinion. I'll admit, I don't like Formula D really...the cars to me, they're ass (Except Forrest Wang and Ryan Litteral S14s which arguably have the two best looking cars in FD) I do watch Formula D occasionally to watch Forrest Wang, Ryan Litteral and Danny George (Who is just awesome person in real life and hope he does get a win soon, cause he definitely deserves one)

But with that said, I don't like FD, even the early days of FD was slightly better and not entirely on this "90% Function, 10% Form (Attempt)". But I am quite bias to cars that are clean, fitted, nice looking, unique, good livery/designs(which kills so many FD cars) and/or stylish in terms of wheels, paint and etc etc. So when I see a missile car, that retarded ass "functional fitment" of the FD cars now or those damn ugly ass liveries...of course to me, it's doing it entirely wrong, especially when it comes to drifting.

Once again Of course this is my opinion and I try to stay open minded about this topic since unfortunately, that is the way it is for the majority here in the U.S., even though I don't like it personally.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:46 AM   #438
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
^This

Seriously smiled through the entire 30 min. Thank you to whoever made that video. Made me feel smooth inside.

Quote:
If you think the way those wheels fit looks good then I don't know what to tell you... No one in here is talking about or promoting stance except the people that think having a nice looking drift car is dumb. I hate stance. I cannot stand the word.
Before that word even was used in its current context there were quite a few people who wanted low cars with wide wheels and there will be people doing it after that fad is completely gone. Personally cannot wait for that day.

Quote:

Perspective;

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris180 View Post
But if the point of drifting is faster, more smoke and more angle, then modifying the car to be able to do that the best means that they will win the competition, which will give more sponsor exposure, which will mean more money in drifting, which means more events for the average joe, which means drifting continues to grow as a sport.

Personally I think its funny that people seem to complain about Formula D and how its taken away from the 'grassroots' of drifting, but then when people get together and drive their car the way they want to drive it, the way they want it to look, without all the corporate shit, which is what grassroots is all about, then people complain that the cars look like shit and the 'fitment' isnt just right, or the paint is shit, or the panels are ziptied on..

We can't have it both ways boys, it has to be one or the other..

Not everything has to be about self promotion and money.

Drifting is supposed to be a loud smokey car show that moves.
The reason drifting in America is so different is the mind set. Generally in America people want to get ahead of everyone else by any means necessary.
Drive over the boarder to Canada and see how differently traffic flows. Nothing illustrates that fact better.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:56 AM   #439
HORShi
Zilvia Member

HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
...really lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=4Xm2JetcONI

Last edited by HORShi; 10-03-2014 at 08:28 AM..
HORShi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:25 AM   #440
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
LOLOL thats hilarious! YESSSS
Old 10-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #441
winter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
winter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdvr-s13 View Post
oh lawd

why even bother taking that pile of shit to a car wash? not worth the $3 imo.
I can't stop watching it. It's like fictional tv, but it's reality tv. Literally washing a dumpster.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:59 AM   #442
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
lets stop arguing and post more shitty cars please...
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #443
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:

what the f.............

why is this car being video taped?

good lord, i guarantee that dude lives at home
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #444
SevenPistolero
Leaky Injector

SevenPistolero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat_SilEighty View Post
Seems like this thread is full of nitpicking now. The only things that are questionable about this car are the obscene amount of stickers everywhere and the bombed dash, I definitely wouldn't consider this car 'doing it wrong' though. But this thread and the original both don't really work as it's all a matter of personal opinion whether someone is doing it right or wrong. Sure, sometimes the shit these #ratchet40gang and other missile circlejerkers do is ugly as sin or just outright dangerous, but you KNOW there's some idiot out there who thinks broken aero and spraypainted hubcaps looks cool.
lol. its wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl. and the dash is fabric. sorry i felt like being different.lol
Old 10-03-2014, 12:36 PM   #445
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
what the f.............

why is this car being video taped?

hahahaha still not over the vid either..
the fact that it was more than 30 seconds long...

I think that vid showed us the new poster child/car of doing it wrong.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #446
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Most people live at home... Unless they have no home... In which they would be homeless. I like how his window was open at the car wash.

Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #447
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
...that fucking video can end this whole entire thread. That mentally...that CA play-some-good-hip-hop-for-a-shit-car-in-shit-video mentality. I fucking DESPISE EVERYTHING about that guy and his fucking ideas. Call me a Nazi. That video represents everything about 'doing it wrong' and a new thread can be made with one post only: Please see this video and comment on YouTube. LOCKED.

Quote:

Perspective;

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA. Dude I'm in the Navy and I'm at work (sitting in front of an OFFICER) when I read this shit and fucking boogers come flying out of my nose. This is the best thing I've read in my life. I'm gonna make t-shirts hahahahahahah!

In regards to "decent/fitment-oriented/hardparked" cars not being able to get down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=fr_hwWJcHf4&fs=1" width="644" height="390">https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=fr_hwWJcHf4&fs=1" />https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=fr_hwWJcHf4">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=fr_hwWJcHf4

I would also assume that this IS a lot harder with less clearance than a monster truck. Watch some drift qualifiers from Japan. They are TOTALLY graded on style.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #448
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 10-03-2014, 08:50 PM   #449
harris180
Zilvia Member

harris180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhregartless View Post
You know why that dude is doing it right? The smile on his face..
harris180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:44 PM   #450
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Renelovesnike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
^ ^ ^ ^

i think i laughtd out loud a hole lot more than i should have for that one since its honestly pretty rad/hillarious!!!

not hating on that driver since hes having a blast!!!

lets just call it a Fun Missle!!
Renelovesnike is offline   Reply With Quote