Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:48 PM   #1
AzS13hatch
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
AzS13hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1jz swapped s13 misfire

Ok so as the title says I have a 1jz(non vvti) in my S13. Little history on the car, it is powered by Megasquirt MS3X and has been running the same E85 tune for about 3 months before the issues started. Running ID1000 injectors and holset hx35w turbo with a tial external wastegate. Currently on 20psi and cant turn down because the spring in the wastegate.

I started getting some misfire under high load/boost conditions. It started at a track day when it started to rain, so I figured something got wet and gave the car a few days to dry, changed the oil and spark plugs and went back to it. Misfire was less prominent but still there.

First place to look was the coil packs after that, since they seem to be a big issue on the jz. Went with some gm lq9 coil packs and adjusted accordingly for dwell (I'm not extremely familiar with tuning so I had my tuner do this). Problem persisted and the more I drove the worse it got. Then I changed my fuel pump and in line fuel filter, no change. Ran my tank pretty low and filled up with new e85, on the way home my turbo blew the oil seals and the car sat for a month or so. Got a new turbo(another hx35w) and while that was off I got my injectors cleaned to eliminate that. This past weekend I had plans of drifting at a local event and hoped my freshened injectors had solved my problem. Nope, wrong.

Now I'm running out of ideas and don't know where to go from here. Anything over half throttle and maybe even less than half I get now power or anything. Under half throttle and keeping the load low, the car has no issues what so ever. Hopefully this weekend I can get a chance to test out injector voltage and anything else I can get ideas to check. I should have probably checked voltage earlier but haven't so if that's the issue it's my money and time wasted so I'll be at myself up but whatever haha. Thanks guys and hopefully I can get this resolved soon.
AzS13hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links