Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:32 PM   #61
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Teddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
I'm thinking about doing a similar thing also with a rhd. I'm curious what police will think because it may seem at first glance like they are on the "driver's side" of the windscreen... Have you ever had any probs? My area police are mean

I’ve only driven the car once since the stickers were put on, so I can’t really speak for how much of a problem it presents. The police in my area usually don’t go after issues like that, however you do make a valid point, especially with them being over the US driver side of the windshield. If your police are usually that strict, I probably wouldn’t do it, or at least not a full stack. But that’s just me haha
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2019, 08:02 AM   #62
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiixziur View Post
the collection of slabs is growing. Interesting paintwork on the purple car...
slab shinin with the grille and woman
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:46 PM   #63
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Teddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of light
Teddy's Southeast 180SX Build

Currently in the process of fitting the hurricane mirrors onto the bases. I’ll be test fitting them on the white car once I get it back from the body shop. Might stop by and yank the door panels off to start laying down the Bride fabric in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2019, 09:08 AM   #64
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Red interior is going to be gooood!
Old 06-02-2019, 09:49 PM   #65
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

This week has been pretty slow as far as updates on the cars. The white car has been in the body shop getting the lower tail light area and lower left rear quarter panel reconstructed. Should only be another week or so before I have it back with all the extra aero painted as well.

As for the purple car, on my way home from work on Friday my turbo decided it didn’t like the manifold anymore and broke all four rusted inlet studs. I was able to limp it back to the shop and pulled the manifold off. After a quick assessment I decided, since the car will be parked for a week anyways, to go ahead and pull the head off and throw on an Apexi head gasket and some ARP studs. The TD06 will be going on this car, but I need to find a decent condition (I know they’re all cracked) trust top mount manifold, or a reputable company that replicates them. I also need to get everything for the fuel system (pump, rail, injectors, fpr, etc), but since I just bought some wheels for this car, I’m fresh outta dough. So for now, the T25 will be staying on with stock boost. I took a few more pictures of the car as well while I wait for parts to come in ~

Old 06-16-2019, 12:18 PM   #66
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Love everything so far. What are your aero plans for the purple car?
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:22 PM   #67
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Steady progress on both cars over the past couple weeks. My buddy Brent has been reconstructing my left rear quarter panel because we found a botched repair from a previous accident featuring over an inch of filler slapped on the side. He’s also been fixing my rear wheel lips on the quarters since they were cut by the previous owner.

Here are a few photos of the wheel lip process. New lips are radiused on the inside to allow proper wheel fitment.

And now onto the quarter panel. Brent has done this twice before, his last time a few years ago on a friends imported 200SX. He starts with a scan of the quarter panel on the right side (right side has no filler so the panel is factory dimensions of course). And loads it into fusion360

From there he sections out the quarter panel in order to make a wooden “buck” (mold) to shape the new quarter panel on. With this technology, the new panel will be an exact replica of the factory panel down to a thousandth inch.

He then loads up the dimensions and cuts the buck out with a custom routing machine, and assembles.

After that, he begins shaping the panel.

Once everything is fitted and in spec, he welds the new metal onto the car (antenna is deleted as well, forgot to mention that)

Pretty insane if you ask me. Incredible skill and talent going into this! More photos of the original botched repair:

Whoever repaired it before must’ve been a sculptor. The entire body line, curvature, creases, everything behind the wheel on the left side was completely filler.

So for the purple car, the OEM Kouki Skirts and valance from the white car are now going on the purple car, along with a 180sx kouki front bumper and wing. Hot Road skirts and valance will be going in place on the white car. I’ve also picked up some Minerva’s for the purple car, and began mocking everything up

Front fenders will be coming off and replaced with some single vent 20mm’s. The hood is also being replaced with a factory metal hood. I still haven’t entirely decided what I want to do with the rear overs yet. Sucks the stock body has been hacked up.

I’ve gotten most of my parts in for the SR rebuild on the purple car, I’m just waiting on a few more items to show up before I can fully reassemble.

Well anyways, that’s about all I have for now. Hoping to update everyone sometime in the next few weeks with some major progress. Cheers~
Old 06-16-2019, 06:28 PM   #68
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
YO WHAT. That buck quarter panel fab is mind blowing. Have you or your buddy considered making selling quarter panel patches? I'd buy that shit up.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:52 AM   #69
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Very cool! Thanks for sharing this process. That's definitely a good friend to have!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:08 AM   #70
RedSnow
Leaky Injector

RedSnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
YO WHAT. That buck quarter panel fab is mind blowing. Have you or your buddy considered making selling quarter panel patches? I'd buy that shit up.
100%. seeing as though there are thousands of smashed up 240 rear quarters, I feel like there would be a real market for this.

Anyways, great progress! Keep up the good work
RedSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:37 AM   #71
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
That qp job is amazing, I have been dying to go back to oem like quarter's.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:20 PM   #72
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Loose wheel and fender mock up

Kouki bumper added

Left side wheel lip and quarter panel primed and sanded

Right side wheel lip primed and sanded

KP hood after 5 days of work. In epoxy primer

Third brake light and wiper shaved from hatch. Primed and sanded

Everyone have a great week ~
Old 06-30-2019, 07:25 PM   #73
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
KP hood not fit correctly?
Old 06-30-2019, 08:50 PM   #74
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
KP hood not fit correctly?

Didn’t fit well at all. But it seems like none of them do haha. Majority of the time was spent sanding to get the surface nice and smooth

Old 06-30-2019, 09:13 PM   #75
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyless View Post
Didn’t fit well at all. But it seems like none of them do haha. Majority of the time was spent sanding to get the surface nice and smooth

They really don't. It's disappointing, as it is a very nice hood.
We had to slot the hinges considerably on the last car we installed a KP hood on.

Either way, car is super cool as always dude!
Old 07-01-2019, 01:30 PM   #76
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
^ Same here. My DMAX hood fit much better than my Koguchi Power hood. Mine was really wavy too and I was too cheap to have the body shop fix it like you did, haha.

Keep it up!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-01-2019, 06:32 PM   #77
averyglass
Leaky Injector

averyglass is an unknown quantity at this point
That quarter panel work is jaw dropping.
averyglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 01:00 AM   #78
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by averyglass View Post
That quarter panel work is jaw dropping.
For real, my cheap ass would have just cut another section from a parts car.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:22 AM   #79
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Teddy's Southeast 180SX Build

Still waiting on the Hot Road kit to arrive, so I just threw the kouki skirts back on for now

Last edited by Teddyless; 07-29-2019 at 10:21 AM..
Teddyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:52 AM   #80
RedSnow
Leaky Injector

RedSnow is an unknown quantity at this point
looks great! Personally not a fan of the fitment as I like it a bit higher but the overall look is good!
RedSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 11:19 PM   #81
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
fitment and ride height: are right on the money.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:46 AM   #82
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Use some hood pins and it should help it fit better. Also slot your hood hinges and that will help eliminate the bonnet to bumper gap. I had to slot mine almost completely to make it fit right.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:26 AM   #83
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Use some hood pins and it should help it fit better. Also slot your hood hinges and that will help eliminate the bonnet to bumper gap. I had to slot mine almost completely to make it fit right.
^^^^

You have to slot the hinges considerably to get the gap to close up. Local guy to me even extended the base of the hinge to get more adjustability. You can move the latch down to get it to sit lower.

Looks great though! I am a sucker for white 180's.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:53 AM   #84
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post

I actually did slot my hinges considerably to get it where it is now. I may end up putting some pins in, but I really wanted to have a cleaner look without them. The fitment is suffering though.

I can’t move it too much further forward or else I won’t clear the headlights. In hindsight I should have taken some material off the hood behind the lights to close the bumper gap. Oh well lol. The bumper is sagging a bit as well (even though I have kouki brackets), but once that’s fixed that should close the gap a bit more

Old 08-05-2019, 09:40 AM   #85
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

So annoying trying to get that bumper to hood gap right, especially with a KP hood. It's a bummer they don't fit better. Looks amazing though! I ran hood pins in addition to the factory latch with mine just for extra security. Much easier to hide them and make the gaps look OK on a black car though.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-05-2019, 08:56 PM   #86
Olly
Zilvia Member

Olly is making a name for him/her selfOlly is making a name for him/her self
Sounds super dumb, but I put electrical tape around the latch that attaches to the KP hood, that way when it closed it pulled the hood closer to the front bumper.

http://freshlywhipped.co.nz/wp-conte...IMG_0122-s.jpg
Olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:42 PM   #87
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
So annoying trying to get that bumper to hood gap right, especially with a KP hood. It's a bummer they don't fit better. Looks amazing though! I ran hood pins in addition to the factory latch with mine just for extra security. Much easier to hide them and make the gaps look OK on a black car though.

I’ll definitely mess around with it some more, and may just go through with pins if it still doesn’t look right

I’ve been extremely sick this past weekend so I didn’t get much of anything done. I gathered up enough strength to go to the shop and loosely mock up the Hot Road sides and rear. Im def digging it.

I’m hoping to have the kit painted and installed by Aug 23 so I can bring the car to Gridlife South like I had originally planned. If anyone else is planning to attend, feel free to hit me up!
Old 08-13-2019, 08:36 PM   #88
Madridmorgan

Madridmorgan is an unknown quantity at this point
Your car looks nice brother

Madridmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:44 AM   #89
KoukiKev

KoukiKev is a splendid one to beholdKoukiKev is a splendid one to beholdKoukiKev is a splendid one to beholdKoukiKev is a splendid one to beholdKoukiKev is a splendid one to beholdKoukiKev is a splendid one to beholdKoukiKev is a splendid one to beholdKoukiKev is a splendid one to beholdKoukiKev is a splendid one to beholdKoukiKev is a splendid one to beholdKoukiKev is a splendid one to behold
Wow... I’m speechless. This is car is executed to PERFECTION
Old 08-25-2019, 09:14 PM   #90
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridmorgan View Post
Your car looks nice brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiKev View Post
Wow... I’m speechless. This is car is executed to PERFECTION

I appreciate it, thanks man!!

Here’s a few photos from this past weekend. I didn’t have enough time to install the Hurricane mirrors before the show, but it still turned out pretty good. Still working on a solution for the hood..